No Trajectory Lines in Map View [Indicators Like PE/AP are Still Showing]

DADDYTYRONE

Bug Report

Reported Version: v0.1.4 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows | CPU: Intel i5-10300H | GPU: Gtx 1650 Ti | RAM16gb

After updating to 0.1.4.0, I logged on to find that I am unable to see trajectories for any of my crafts while in map view.  I was previously able to on 0.1.3. and most other previous versions. It is clear the trajectories are there, but having no lines makes interplanetary missions almost impossible. Thank you for reviewing and hopefully fixing soon!

Included Attachments:

KSP2_0.1.4_Bug.png.4812b471532efa40baccbfa35c22bec1.png

94 answers to this question

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 

OS: Windows 11 | CPU: Ryzen 7 PRO 5750G | GPU: AMD RX 6900 XT | RAM: 128 GB

Happened to me after a couple normal Launches.

Was the Second time now, First was on another Save, now on the new one.

Restarting the Game Solved the Problem, but I was able to reproduce the Bug with the F2 Trick.

I normally play without Quick saving and Loading, and the only time I was using the F2 was to make a Screenshot at the Mun arc.

The Launch after I brought the craft back from Mun was a small Satellite, this was the Launch the Problem appeared again.bsdkQ4W.jpg

Happened to me a few times, quicksaved before decoupling supporting boosters; trajectory disappears after staging. Decoupled boosters that got the debris class after staging still had a trajectory, worth to mention that these were connected to the main booster with a fuel line. Managed to workaround it by moving boosters decouple action to the next stage. 
What's more, after quicksaving after trajectory disappeared and loading this save, the vehicle loses all its speed and just free falls vertically.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Edited by FlyingBobino
Insert actual picture instead of link

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | OS: win11 | CPU: i7-13700k | GPU: GTX 1080 Ti | RAM: 32gb

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just encountered this as well;

bDanlh3.jpg

This was taken after a quicksave load, a revert to launch then to VAB to fix something, all of which continued to have this happen. Started when I loaded a quicksave to try and correct a missed landing.

Hoping restarting game fixes it

Edited by Aevitas
Clarifying circumstances & date

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: Intel Core I7 [email protected] | GPU: GTX1650 | RAM15.79

Severity: Medium

Frequency: Low

Description:  I was flying around Jool  going through tylo's sphere of influence on my way to impact kerbin collecting science with the orbital survey. when i got out of tylos influence all my orbital lines were gone. my crafts and the planets

Included Attachments:

OS: Windows 10 Home 22H2 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor | GPU: RTX 3080 | RAM48GB DDR4

I know this has existed for a while now, (though I could not find 'orbital lines' or 'no orbital lines' in a forum bug reports-search) but this is the worst I've ever had... all craft in various orbits have lost orbital lines, and this has persisted through quick-save/quick-load but apparently not through exiting to Desktop and reloading.

Reviewing save-files for "ControlState": "FullControl" / "Situation": "Orbiting" has not worked as the two main vessels ("Duna_Lander_Mk3-6" and "Ike_Plus_Recovery-14") show the valid statuses, but have no lines.
All other vessels in LKO thru GKO are similarly afflicted, and likely so is a Minmus relay.

To replicate; open Tracking Station... (unless the "reboot" that finally fixed it for mine will also, automatically, make it functional for yours too)

Included Attachments:

MissingOrbitalLines_logs.zip

When I was on a mission to land on the moon and return, after the landing module and the ascent module were separated, the ascent module could not display the trajectory,I can't continue playing this game until it's fixed

This error is very easy to reproduce and can be achieved at the launch site. The trajectory will not be displayed even when launching from the second level. Another possibility is that no matter what planet it is on, launching without connecting to the ground will not have a trajectory. Please forgive me for using a translator to communicate, if more information is needed I can provide videos and pictures。

Same happened to me today although I did not use F2 (didn't even know what F2 was until I saw this thread and searched for it).  I was landing on Minimus and the trajectory lines just disappeared.

Edit: it sounds like the bug I'm talking about is similar to the one this thread is for but it's actually a different bug with it's own existing bug report thread. I've posted over there and removed the details from this post to hopefully reduce confusion.

[removed]

Edited by SuperBoots
removing bug details that should be in a different thread

@SuperBoots There's two bugs.
One is the landed bug which you are demonstrating in that video, and there is one where the AP/PE indicators that are still showing (which is what this bug report is about).

Here is a link to what I believe you indicated:

Reported Version: v0.2.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: Interl(R) Core_TM) i5-9400F 2.9GHz | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti | RAM16 GB

While trying to make a ssto for the first time, I managed to get one that would work. However when I went to plan a maneuver, I saw that my line had disappeared. I still had the periapsis and apoapsis there, but the line itself had disappeared and could not make a maneuver.

Included Attachments:

quicksave_39.json

Reported Version: v0.2.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 | RAM32 GB

Severity: high

Frequency: high

Description: Trajactory lines suddenly started vanishing after circularization burn. Restarting the game doesn't change anything.

JnQsJ6v.png

Also having this issue.  Affects all craft and Tracking Station.  I had taken some screenshots landed on Pol (F2 usage), biome hopped a few times, and now poof no trajectory lines.

oONQ5LS.png

OS: Windows 11 | CPU: Intel 13th Generation Core i5 | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 | RAM512GB

While reloading several quicksaves, I noticed that the orbital lines kept disappearing. This only seemed to occur with quicksaves done in Flight view, quicksaves in Map view were unaffected. 

Included Attachments: