Antimatter falls down.

Gargamel

We don't understand how our Universe came to be matter-dominated and so this is what motivates our experiments

As always history is written by the victors. Who's to say we're not anti-matter and what we really call anti0matter is the "kegit" matter?

1 hour ago, Kerbart said:

As always history is written by the victors. Who's to say we're not anti-matter and what we really call anti0matter is the "kegit" matter?

Most likely the physical laws in the first millisecond of the universe was very different or at least operated at energy levels we can not model. 
For one the thing was an black hole, but you got inflation instead. Explain inflation, the cosmic one not currency, I say that is weirder than no antimatter. 
And almost all believed antimatter would be affected by gravity like normal matter. It still don't explains how stuff worked then temperature was to hot for fusion  :cool: Think shades are fitting here. 

Edited by magnemoe

5 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

So, now we know that if the antimatter Orion crashes in midair, the antimatter tank will boil the ocean, not ignite the sky.

It will detonate in the air or in vacuum as it will be inside an containment field of normal matter who failed because some x-ray laser made some electronic on your death star fail who had some kilometer of armor and if you have some of it you detonate with it.  
People who want antimatter power, Japan at end of WW 2 and Kerbals. 

So now that we know that it falls down, the sign for anti-matter mass has to be positive, right (+5kg not -5kg)? If my understanding of physics is correct, that leaves us only with the question whether or not pineapple pizza is acceptable.

27 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

So now that we know that it falls down, the sign for anti-matter mass has to be positive, right (+5kg not -5kg)? If my understanding of physics is correct, that leaves us only with the question whether or not pineapple pizza is acceptable.

pineapple is fine so long as it comes with ham and jalapenos. 

idk how pinapple has become the new anchovie. 

8 hours ago, Kerbart said:

So now that we know that it falls down, the sign for anti-matter mass has to be positive

+1

We didn't have the positron and antiproton tracks yet.

11 hours ago, magnemoe said:

It will detonate in the air or in vacuum as it will be inside an containment field of normal matter who failed because some x-ray laser made some electronic on your death star fail who had some kilometer of armor and if you have some of it you detonate with it.  
People who want antimatter power, Japan at end of WW 2 and Kerbals. 

The antimatter Orion is made of antimatter to prevent the antifuel annihilation with not-anti tanks.

what if it falls up backwards? it would appear to be backwards from our material frame of reference. ive heard it said that times arrow is pointing backwards for am. idk if thats true, based on what i know on the standard model. 

Edited by Nuke

50 minutes ago, Nuke said:

what if it falls up backwards? it would appear to be backwards from our material frame of reference. ive heard it said that times arrow is pointing backwards for am. idk if thats true, based on what i know on the standard model. 

This reminds me of an academic paper I read back in the 80s.

Spoiler

22 hours ago, Kerbart said:

Perfectly acceptable. Be careful of the anti-pasto though.

On 9/29/2023 at 8:45 AM, kerbiloid said:

The charge-to-mass ratio and the curvy tracks was what the nuka-physics was beginning from, in far 1900s...

Yes, but its hard to measure the effect of gravity on elemental particle especially one who explode in contact with matter. Magnetic and electrical forces are so much stronger.

1 hour ago, magnemoe said:

Yes, but its hard to measure the effect of gravity on elemental particle especially one who explode in contact with matter. Magnetic and electrical forces are so much stronger.

Actually, the gravitation doesn't affect the inertial mass, it affects the gravitational mass.

So, measuring the gravitational effect on the particle of the known positive mass, is actually an experiment of the gravitational and inertial mass identity, and has nothing to do with the antimatterness of the object.

On 9/27/2023 at 12:22 PM, Kerbart said:

I’m guessing that this is most likely due to very prevalent CP violation in the early universe.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.