calling all mod creators!

Xaned Kerman

i want YOU to update your mod compatibilities i have favorited to 1.12.5! mods: OPM visual overhaul, OPM parallax support, KSC extended, collison fx, destruction fx, minor planets expansion, water sounds, hullcam, scansat + contracts configs, waterfall, custom asteroids (including alt opm config, kuiper belt analog, inner and outer stock system data), (volumetric clouds EVE) and reentry particle effects

i need members who are good at modding and are not inactive to make them compatible.

when you good modders are done chhanging it's compatible version to 1.12.5, make a download link.

balisticfox. you don't have a mod topic on parallax for OPM so...: balisticfox! update the mod's compatibility to 1.12.5!

(help me this is slowly turning into a nightmare)

Edited by Xaned Kerman

16 hours ago, Xaned Kerman said:

i want YOU to update your mod compatibilities i have favorited to 1.12.5! mods: OPM visual overhaul, OPM parallax support, KSC extended, collison fx, destruction fx, minor planets expansion, water sounds, hullcam, scansat, waterfall, feline utility rovers, custom asteroids (including alt opm config, kuiper belt analog, inner and outer stock system data), (volumetric clouds EVE) and reentry particle effects

i need members who are good at modding and are not inactive to make them compatible.

when you good modders are done chhanging it's compatible version to 1.12.5, make a download link.

balisticfox. you don't have a mod topic on parallax for OPM so...: balisticfox! update the mod's compatibility to 1.12.5!

All (or most) of these mods work in 1.12.5. Try following install instructions correctly.

16 hours ago, Xaned Kerman said:

i want YOU to update your mod compatibilities i have favorited to 1.12.5! mods: OPM visual overhaul, OPM parallax support, KSC extended, collison fx, destruction fx, minor planets expansion, water sounds, hullcam, scansat, waterfall, feline utility rovers, custom asteroids (including alt opm config, kuiper belt analog, inner and outer stock system data), (volumetric clouds EVE) and reentry particle effects

fun fact, most mods post-1.8 work just fine in modern KSP

If this is one of the “Well CKAN says it’s not” feel free to go to settings > compatible game versions and just select all the ones you need  

I fear your quest for uniformity is likely not going to go well. With regards to Kerbin Side the major components are all of various ages and are not likely to be updated by their authors anytime soon.  I understand the wish to have all mods up to date, but that has really never been the history of mods in KSP1. At some level you may just have to accept that mods within a certain range of the current KSP1 version is sufficient... 

Edited by Caerfinon

On 10/5/2023 at 5:34 AM, ballisticfox0 said:

fun fact, most mods post-1.8 work just fine in modern KSP

If this is one of the “Well CKAN says it’s not” feel free to go to settings > compatible game versions and just select all the ones you need  

Oh yeah and happy birthday!

2 hours ago, Xaned Kerman said:

jost? who is nuff kerman?

'nuff said is an abbreviation of enough said, and if you'd take the time to read the post that @jost linked, hopefully you'll understand why some on this forum don't share your same urgency in getting the mods you've mentioned updated.

And to once again restate what many people have already said, there is no need for these mods to be updated to 1.12.5 if they work perfectly without it.

2 hours ago, Xaned Kerman said:

also HUDreplacer &  Ztheme to 1.12.5.

Have you actually read the previous posts? And why should the mods be updated? They ARE compatible. Hudreplacer and Ztheme too. In the case of the latter, you even wrote version 1.12.5 behind it yourself.
Please explain what you want here in the first place.

On 10/10/2023 at 9:22 AM, Xaned Kerman said:

also HUDreplacer &  Ztheme to 1.12.5.

A mod that is not shown as "compatible" with 1.12.5 still has a great chance - if it isn't too old - to work in 1.12.5. Mod compatibility does not imply that "if it isn't compatible, then it won't work".

The sole fact that they are not up-to-date to the latest version of KSP doesn't mean they won't work with it. Generally, if a mod works in a.b.xx (whatever xx be) they it will also work in a.b.yy (whatever yy be), in other words, if it works for some minor release of some major release then there's no reason for it not to work with any other minor release of the major release.

Now, these two mods do work in 1.12.3. They will work in 1.12.5, or any minor version of 1.12 - actually, it has been tested, and HUDReplacer works in KSP 1.8 and above. Ztheme doesn't have code in it, and only relies on HUDReplacer, therefore it will work if HUDReplacer works - unless new UI elements have been added between whatever version Ztheme's developer is running (1.12.x probably) and 1.12.5, which I really doubt.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.