Resource Manager (RM) disallows re-placement of a resource in the Transfer list of the RM, creating duplicates in the parts list of the RM

Mushylog

Bug Report

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29/‎06/‎2022 OS build 19045.3803 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0 | CPU: CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz Base speed: 3.40 GHz Sockets: 1 Cores: 4 Logical | GPU: GPU 0 NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Driver version: 31.0.15.4633 Driver date: 06/12/2023 DirectX | RAMMemory 32.0 GB DDR3 Speed: 1600 MHz Slots used: 4 of 4 Form factor: DIMM Hardware reserved: 4

Resource Manager (RM) duplicates tank parts when attempting to delete them from the RM list

The UI of the respective parts are duplicated when attempting to delete them from the Resource Manager list. The parts are not actually duplicated, I don't know if the resources themselves are duplicated as well.

Severity: Low

Frequency: High 

First, I add the tanks to the Resource Manager (RM) transfer list. Then, I remove one tank, which is placed back on the left list. Finally, I click the cross X to remove the part - it is supposed to be an arrow that allows to put the parts back in the right-side list

32 answers to this question

I experienced this bug as well. Closing and reopening the resource manager does not fix it. After decoupling one or more of the tanks, the window is cleaned up again. Another issue with this feature is that when you click the in or out buttons they don't always turn blue and you have to repeat click on them. I'm saying this may be related as it seems to relate to bad state logic in the buttons for in and out just like the buttons for delete or add. Some mouseover text for the = button would be useful as well to describe what this actually does. Looks like it's meant to balance the tanks but is this is numeric quantity or percentage in the case of tanks having different sizes?

Side note. I don't know yet if fuel flow priority is added to KSP2 yet but I just unlocked the fuel lines so I'll check that out later. Without the lines I can see no way of establishing tank drainage priorities. Seems odd that fuel can be transferred between tanks even when the decoupler has crossfeed disabled.

Ver. 2.0 Installed and played 20-DEC-2023 01:30 CST. Windows 10 Home 22H2 OS build 19045.3803. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D. GPU: MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4080. RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 4x32 GB DDR5-6000 (running at 5400 due to board limitations on full banks) CL30.

Edited by jclovis3
Added system info.

15 hours ago, EasyAce said:

Same experience - and the worst part is that even though you close the window, those duplicates remains, making it actually a gamebreaking bug that hinders gameplay severely

A quick workaround is to re-load the save file.

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x | GPU: AMD Radeon 6700 | RAM32

When removing fuel tanks from "transfer window" (right panel), fuel tank  is not removed, and it is copy pasted to the "part manager window" (left panel) indefinitely (as many times as you click X button).

Workaround: Fixed upon reloading the  save file

Screenshot-3.png

Included Attachments:

16 minutes ago, The Space Peacock said:

@Augie merged your report

Those bugs may be related, but they are quite different as far as impact. This thread is a UI display bug related to multiple parts. The merged bug involved the actual resource transfer values not being correct

OS: windows 11 | CPU: i5-10300H | GPU: rtx 3050 (laptop) | RAM16gb

My description isn't very clear but the video shows everything perfectly.

Basically, when trying to remove a fuel tank from the fuel transfer window, it will duplicate on the resource manager.

Included Attachments:

Ksp22023_12.23-12_35_18_01.mp4

OS: windows 11 | CPU: ryzen 5600x | GPU: rtx 3080 | RAM3200mhz 32gb

If a resource gets added to the "Transfer" pane on the right, clicking on the little "X" on the top right corner doesn't remove it from the "Transfer" list. It copies it to left pane, resulting in complete nonesese, since you have the resource with the "IN OUT" buttons also on the left now.

Included Attachments:

OS: Windows 10 Professional | CPU: AMD 5800x | GPU: Zotec 3070 with improved fans. | RAM64GB CL14

Transferring Fuel between Lander and Orbiter, there is only 1 X200-32 tank on board, but when I tried to remove it form the transfer it wouldn't remove itself and the ///1/// List started to list more X200-32 tanks.
As you can see in the photo there are now listed multiple X200-32 tanks AND the orginal X200-32 tank has NOT been removed from the transfer window after the transfer was completed.

Included Attachments:

amJ0BWb.jpg

Ran into the No Fuel Bug in a save game last night.  Created a New Campaign to test this out and see what's going on.  Top craft has zero fuel (from VAB sliders)  Bottom tank is full.  Went to Resource Manager to try fuel transfer and the wrong tank moved over.  Hit the 'X' to close it - and you can see the result.  Each time I tried to close any panel on the left or the right - a new tank was cloned into the left panel.

Closing and reopening RM retains the error state.

Included Attachments:

On 12/21/2023 at 10:10 AM, Mushylog said:

A quick workaround is to re-load the save file.

The work-around works for me also, after transferring e.g. Methalox fuel first, then clicking all the Xs (without tanks being removed from the right side, but appearing again at the left side), closing the resource manager, I click "Quicksave" (F5) and "Load Quicksave" (F9). That indeed are some nasty seconds to load, but afterwards everythings looks cleaned-up and I can transfer e.g. the monopropellant...

Reported Version: v0.2.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 | RAM32 GB

Severity: med

Frequency: high

Description: When doing a resource transfer and removing the tank from the Transfer part of the window by pressing the [x], the fuel tank stays in the Transfer section but does get added back to the overview of the other fuel tanks. Every press on [x] adds another copy.

Included Attachments:

Recording2024-03-03140600.mp4

Reported Version: v0.2.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 Home | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 TI | RAM16,0 GB

Documentation of Bug:

Bug description:

Its a bug thats been there since For Science at least - is not game breaking or anything.. mostly just annoying as it can be hard to keep track of fuel on complex vehicles when you cant close any tanks transfer window, without them being duplicated in the drop down menu in the resource manager.

Included Attachments:

OS: Windows 11 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 | RAM: 8 GB

Severity: low

Frequency: high

Steps to reproduce : Open resource manager, move a part in the Transfer panel, click x on the part in the transfer panel to fail to remove it.

Description:  It ultimately does not affect gameplay, resource depletion still works as it should, it just makes the transfer UI a mess.

OS: Windows 10 | CPU: Ryzen 7 5700X | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 | RAMGSkill 32GB

When deselecting fuel tanks in the fuel transfer window the tank doesnt get deselected in the transfer window and the fuel tank is added to the fuel tank list, causing multiple instances of the fuel tank in the list.

-Grusio

Included Attachments:

2024-03-2714-05-53.mp4