Mission Brief window closes prematurely and text audio continues to play after text has been skipped and is no longer visible

WhereAreTheBathrooms

Bug Report

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 Home 64-Bit (10.0, Build 19045) | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D 8-Core Processor | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 | RAM32768MB

Severity: Low

Frequency: High, consistently reproducible

Description: When skipping text which is appearing gradually in Mission control, if the full dialog is skipped such that Dr. Keri Kerman vanishes and the text is no longer visible, the audio accompanying its gradual appearance continues to play until the text would have completely appeared on screen.

Included Attachments:

Edited by Spicat

11 answers to this question

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: See previous submissions | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12 Core | GPU: GeForce RTX 2060 Super | RAM32 GB

When looking at Mission Briefs, you can click the Gotcha and/or Continue button to get the scrolling text to just finish and display, and then you have to click the button again to get to the next text blurb.  However, if you try to do this when the button says Over And Out, the text blurb does not finish, and the Mission Brief closes, forcing you to go through and re-read the Mission Brief.  The video shows this happening.

Included Attachments:

Desktop2023_12.21-08_03_33_01.mp4

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19045) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406) | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900X CPU @ 3.50GHz (20 CPUs), ~3.5GHz | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | RAM32768MB RAM

In mission control; when I click a mission and click the mission brief (or debrief) button, text starts to slowly fill the bubbles automatically. When I click continue before the text bubble is fully populated, it populates the text bubble completely for faster reading (as intended). 

However, if it is the last speech bubble for the mission brief; instead of filling the text bubble, it skips that bubble and closes the chat window; making it impossible to read the last bubble.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Go to mission control, click any mission and click mission brief.

2. Keep pressing the continue button rapidly, while noting that you have time to read each bubble after it's populated.

3. The last bubble is skipped; giving no time to read.

Included Attachments:

ksp_mission_control.mp4

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: CustomFlags | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Win 10 | CPU: i7-3770K | GPU: GTK 1060 6GB | RAM32 GB

The mission briefing window with Dr. Keri Kerman uses a character-by-character typing-like effect to display its text. The player can click a "Continue"/"Gotcha" button to skip this effect and view the full text of each message, and clicking the same button again advances to the next message.

When the in-progress message is also the last one in the briefing, that button skips a step and closes the briefing window instead of displaying the full text of the final message. This is surprising because there's no clear visible indication that it's the last message, and the player may think that there was something important in the text they missed.

E.g., if I click "Over and out" at this exact moment, the window closes, but what I want instead is to see the full text of the final comment:

ZhYR5C7.png

Included Attachments:

OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x | GPU: AMD Radeon 6700 | RAM32

Severity: minimal (none?)

When in Mission Control room, if you skip through Dr. Keri's dialogue on the last dialogue box, the chat window closes, but the sound of writing text continues.

I appreciate her enthusiasm, but I'm the director of KSC, dammit! And when I dismiss an employee, I expect my word to be last! I'm gonna fire every last one of them babbling fools!

Included Attachments:

OS: Windows 11 Home | CPU: Intel Core i710700F | GPU: RTX 3070 | RAM8GB

From the mission control center select a mission and click the mission briefing

a window pops open with a typing animation that you can skip by pushing a button at the bottom. if you skip the typing animation the next dialog starts a typing animation

however if you try and skip the typing animation in the final dialog bubble the window closes.

The expected function would be to skip the final typing animation and allow the player to read the final dialog bubble. 

This also applies to mission "debriefings" before you push the "Thanks, Science!" button.

Included Attachments:

Reported Version: v0.2.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 

First Over and out button in mission (de)briefing closes the window before the final message is fully sent and the typing sound still plays.

Included Attachments:

blipd.mp4

Edited by The Space Peacock

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.