Cancelled AMA. Why?

Izny

The questions were really what everyone predicted...

1. Useless personal questions.
  2. What was your role before being fired.
  3. Will KSP2 live?
  4. Why KSP2 dead?
  5. Why T2 bad?
  6. Some technical questions.
  7. What was your role in sinking KSP2.

The only ones he could've answered for sure are 1 and 2, and maybe 3. Anything else he did answer already (check his profile).

He didn't said anything, but I think he had said enough.

There're still people very, very interested on keeping mouths shut. What this means, is something still to be seen.

Spoiler

unavoidable reference

It is just sad that Take Two cares so little about the community that they can't even be bothered to talk to us about what happened...but then turn around and make sure nobody else can either.

2 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

It is just sad that Take Two cares so little about the community that they can't even be bothered to talk to us about what happened...but then turn around and make sure nobody else can either.

I do think this is most likely the case. Though.. in poorly manage corporate situations I've been involved with. It's more about damage control, and having direct control over *who* gets to be the one talking. Conflicting narratives and all. 

I have a feeling that a single person mentioning internal conversations or emails might prove some form of malfeasance  in sure anyone at TTI would claim ots bc of the close door negotiations.

Paul's post on the cancellation was well written IMO.  Seriously, public post-mortems on failed projects used to be a thing at GDC, and it was wonderful.  GDC changed direction mostly away from the technical a few years back, and it hadn't occurred to me that the increase in NDAs over everything were a big part of that.  Used to be that there were no secrets once the code was no longer of competitive interest, and we all benefited from that.

21 minutes ago, Skorj said:

Paul's post on the cancellation was well written IMO.  Seriously, public post-mortems on failed projects used to be a thing at GDC, and it was wonderful.  GDC changed direction mostly away from the technical a few years back, and it hadn't occurred to me that the increase in NDAs over everything were a big part of that.  Used to be that there were no secrets once the code was no longer of competitive interest, and we all benefited from that.

Yeah, and Chris Roberts unveiled Star Citizen to the world at GDC 2012... well, he unveiled the crowdfunding campaign, at least. 

As others have echoed already, we likely wouldn't have found much out about what the fate of KSP2 is to be... but it is a shame we haven't had the chance to hear the story of how it ended up like it did straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak. Thanks to him anyway for at least trying - as he put far more eloquently, the real shame here is that other developers/studios/publishers won't get the chance to learn from what went wrong here in the way that they would have hopefully done otherwise. I'd hate to see other projects fail in a similar way just because someone's covering their backs / someone in legal got spooked.