Firespitter propeller plane and helicopter parts v7.1 (May 5th) for KSP 1.0

Snjo

I really like the renewed bi-plane parts.:)

Like the older ones, it is impossible to adjust their attachment; they immediately sink down to the wing surface level. Any way that could be fixed or worked around?

11 hours ago, Sherrif said:

Is it a known issue of the Firespitter landing gears explosively launching you into the air, or does this sound like a mod incompatibility?

It's known, it has to do with the poor wheel integration in the current (5.2) version of Unity and the new way KSP handles wheels post-1.1. SQUAD are making some improvements in the upcoming 1.1.3 patch, but don't expect the issue to be fixed until they upgrade KSP to Unity 5.4, which fixes a lot of the problems. They're shooting for it all to be fixed in 1.2. See the devnotes from this week for more info.

@RoverDude So eventually all the other planes and helicopter parts will also be re-done and moved to earlier tech nodes as well I guess?

I went to the configs and tried changing the tech requirements myself but the edited parts except the bi-plane wood and wire struts just disappeared from the tech-tree in game. :(

Edited by EleSigma

On 6/12/2016 at 6:42 AM, EleSigma said:

@RoverDude So eventually all the other planes and helicopter parts will also be re-done and moved to earlier tech nodes as well I guess?

I went to the configs and tried changing the tech requirements myself but the edited parts except the bi-plane wood and wire struts just disappeared from the tech-tree in game. :(

Eventually they will be normalized with comparable stock parts.

15 minutes ago, Adam Kerman said:

i got a problem with this mod there are circles around the props and it also I think destroyed my KAX props

Insufficient info.

First of all I'd like to thank Snjo and Roverdude for all the work put into this mod! I enjoy using it :)

At the moment I'm working on some storage tanks and I have some questions about FSmeshswitch and FSfuelswitch.
The storage tanks have a main mesh and 7 other meshes, one for each tank setup. I'd like to use only 4 of them and hide the rest if a particular mod is not installed. Is there a way to hide certain meshes with FSmeshswitch/FSfuelswitch?

The storage tanks have an internal and can store liquid and non-liquid resources. I'd like to make different internals for the liquid and the non-liquid resources. After some research I found that it's not possible to switch the internals with the fuelsetups. Are there any plans regarding an internalsswitch or are there other ways to switch internals in the editor?

On 6/23/2016 at 1:24 PM, Eleusis La Arwall said:

First of all I'd like to thank Snjo and Roverdude for all the work put into this mod! I enjoy using it :)

At the moment I'm working on some storage tanks and I have some questions about FSmeshswitch and FSfuelswitch.
The storage tanks have a main mesh and 7 other meshes, one for each tank setup. I'd like to use only 4 of them and hide the rest if a particular mod is not installed. Is there a way to hide certain meshes with FSmeshswitch/FSfuelswitch?

The storage tanks have an internal and can store liquid and non-liquid resources. I'd like to make different internals for the liquid and the non-liquid resources. After some research I found that it's not possible to switch the internals with the fuelsetups. Are there any plans regarding an internalsswitch or are there other ways to switch internals in the editor?

I think so? Below is from NecroBones' FuelTanksPlus mod for fuel tanks cross mod compatibility. You could obviously change things around accordingly.

Alternatively, you could look at the excellent module documentation here (if you haven't already). It's quite good, and can probably answer better than I can.

As for the "internals switching" I seem to recall seeing something to that effect in B9 Aerospace, but that uses B9PartSwitch, which of course is another option.

Sorry for the half way answers - this is a bit above my pay grade.:P

MODULE
	{
		name:NEEDS[!InterstellarFuelSwitch] = FSfuelSwitch
		name:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch] = InterstellarFuelSwitch
		volumeMultiplier:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch] = 1
		massMultiplier:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch] = 1
		tankSwitchNames:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch] = LF+OX;LiquidFuel;Oxidizer;MonoProp
		resourceGui:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch] = LiquidFuel+Oxidizer;LiquidFuel;Oxidizer;MonoPropellant
		resourceNames = LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;LiquidFuel;Oxidizer;MonoPropellant
		resourceAmounts = #$../LF$,$../OX$;$../LF2$;$../OX2$;$../Monoprop$
		basePartMass = #$../mass$
		tankTechReq:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch] = start;start;start;advFuelSystems
	}

@RoverDude

I noticed a Firespitter version 7.3.0 hiding out in a few of your mods, while the official version is still 7.2.4.

Not pushing for an update or anything, but is it okay for people to grab it from your repo in the mean time? (And no, I don't know of any problems from 1.1.3 regarding Firespitter, mainly just for the sake of checking another mod off the "update list")

On 5/14/2016 at 2:43 PM, RoverDude said:

Just add a second cockpit... which, I just realized... has no hatch :P  So another update later on.

Also, I noticed that GAP did not let me use the biplane for barnstorming contracts.  That was exceptionally saddening.

Please forgive my tone in my previous post, I was slightly frustrated mainly because, as seen in this quote, it was RoverDude himself who first mentioned the biplane cockpit lacking a hatch, so I had high hopes that said bug would be fixed in FireSpitter 7.3

Latest version is 0.7.3 instead of 7.3.0... is that an error?
Also, it seems that CKAN detects it but won't let it install. Maybe because it thinks 0.7.3 is older than 7.2.4. And it says max ksp version 1.1.2 instead of 1.1.3.

On 5/14/2016 at 1:12 PM, RoverDude said:

Ok so a quick status update.

I'll be releasing an update today that starts the model rework.  FSWheel is going to take quite a bit of work, so I'll be doing interim wheels for now.

The biplane is the first to get it's total refresh - so please take a peek at the parts, let me know if anything funky is going down.  I'll be working through the catalog and code through attrition :P

I know it's been a while, but the Biplane seems to work great, except that I can't go EVA, or get into an empty cockpit (it says no hatch) - I was hoping to use it as a basic amphibious rescue craft for a single Kerbal.

I don't know if you've touched the Lancaster engines yet, but the wheel seems to have no collider (falls through the runway) and the engine itself is extremely overpowered. The propeller also seems to be creating drag for the Lancaster engine(s). The F-86 parts also seem to work well, although they aren't using the standard control surface modules.

Edited by theonegalen

Is there realistic torque for helicopter engines? If there is, is it on the tweak able rotors? If there isn't, please add, because I always wanted this :D

17 hours ago, Adam Kerman said:

Question: What's the dll file?

Dynamic link library.

In KSP context, it is used as plugin. Proper answer is more complex, but in short, firespitter.dll file provides additional functions/commands that was not originaly developed in KSP main game. Moders can use those new commands from plugin to enhance object behaviour in main game. In case of firespitter, it provides functionality like switching texture(color) of the part and even different shape. For example, you put fuselage on craft and change content (liquid fuel or monoprop for example) without need to delete part and put another one on craft, like it is with stock only parts. There is also wheel aligment guide and many other features that will take for too long to describe and I don't even know all of those.

Dlls from other mods provides diferent features, but share some common behaviour as a plugin to main game to enhance in game content.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.