Firespitter propeller plane and helicopter parts v7.1 (May 5th) for KSP 1.0

Snjo

10 hours ago, MatttheCzar said:

Snjo mentioned ages ago adding autorotation to the heli rotors.  Did that happen?  I want to make an autogyro.

EDIT: It happened!

I will disapoint you. No id did not happen. What is happen is that you are using Kuey rotor from KAX mod that have added reaction wheel.
A hacky way to mimic autorotation. While it is not "proper way" to handle heli rotor, reaction wheels have made those rotors feasible for game purpose.

That being said, you might also want to try new KRX mod that is recently released.

On 7/24/2016 at 2:14 AM, kcs123 said:

I will disapoint you. No id did not happen. What is happen is that you are using Kuey rotor from KAX mod that have added reaction wheel.
A hacky way to mimic autorotation. While it is not "proper way" to handle heli rotor, reaction wheels have made those rotors feasible for game purpose.

That being said, you might also want to try new KRX mod that is recently released.

No, it did happen.  Look at that lift marker.  It behaves like a winged aircraft. 

EDIT: To test this, I added a rotor to a capsule.  The reaction wheels only work if you have an intake on the craft, and the thing didnt.  I dropped it  from a cargo gyrocopter.  Worked as it should, autorotation made the craft slow down to a stable speed of 30 m/s.

Edited by MatttheCzar

So will the P-51 Mustang parts get good as new like the bi plane parts? There are visual problems with them:

1. The oblong nose engine. It has 5 propeller blades but the real P-51 has four. I know that I can just use the Airplane plus P-51 engine, but it is not skinny enough for a realistic mustang
  2. The wing. The wing is shaped like the P-47, but not really close to a P-51. There is a picture below
  3. Tail fins. The tail fins are a bit too round at the tip (Both horizontal and vertical fins) the picture below shows the proper tail fin shape.

P51d Mustang Wing P51 Mustang Base - Files - Wings of G

Theres an Issue I have where even though the textures are available in the assets folder to change between for the Biplane parts (and other parts with interchangeable textures) i cannot change them in game, yet I used to be able to, and I have the current versions on FS.7.3.0, Is there any way to fix this?

Umm where are the example craft its empty can i get them anywhere? also a few pieces are missing not alot like last time like 90% are in now but i cant find things like the biplane struts but srsly where do i get the example craft i want my red baron :(

I have a suggestion for Bi-plane colors. Can you add two types of a peach color? One can have a British Roundel like the green and brown ones, and the other can have a German cross (because I want to build a Fokker E.III)

On 8/10/2016 at 5:06 AM, Potato3478 said:

Umm where are the example craft its empty can i get them anywhere?

Most of the example craft have unavailable legacy parts, which is probably why they are deleted.

2 hours ago, DracoSilverpath said:

I miss having working firespitter wheels... :(

It isn't just Firespitter wheels. All wheels built for pre 1.1x will no longer work without being reworked in unity for 1.1.3. And as KSP 1.2 is around the corner. Most devs have decided to at least wait until then to do anything with them.

On 8/14/2016 at 8:38 AM, Potato3478 said:

well could they add them back ? i mean the parts and the craft

why are some of the parts not available anyways? why were they removed?

Well, some parts here are actually overpowered (which is why the oblong nose engines sound like an RC engine) I think the thrust broke and made the engines overpowered. I found a legacy download, but the parts are overpowered so I had to play around with the thrust limiter.

Well, some parts here are actually overpowered (which is why the oblong nose engines sound like an RC engine) I think the thrust broke and made the engines overpowered. I found a legacy download, but the parts are overpowered so I had to play around with the thrust limiter.

but i like overpowered things to mess around with ._. so pls add them back for madnesslike nexterslab does

Edited by Potato3478
forgot something in the message ._. i am dumb

On 8/19/2016 at 4:24 PM, Potato3478 said:

but i like overpowered things to mess around with ._. so pls add them back for madnesslike nexterslab does

So you like outdated helicopter engines that work but have 600+ Kn? I'm not trying to shoot you down here or anything, but that thrust might be overpowered for space travel.

On 8/15/2016 at 2:28 PM, Murican_Jeb said:

yes i want to break the game and summon the kraken XD

21 hours ago, Potato3478 said:

yes i want to break the game and summon the kraken XD

How about we play a game? It's called 'Release some screwed up Legacy parts' After literally 5 minutes of KSP gaming, people who don't like summoning the kraken are gonna be like "omg my helicopter went supersonic.", "Omg the oblong engine is taking my mustang to freaking 1000 m/s", "this update sucks i wont use this horrible mod" etc.

You might be happy, but some people want a smooth game with no bugs or anything.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.