[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

My work around was to take the [COLOR=#333333]Fasa Apollo Saturn V and just undo the parts and reconnect them. I was able to launch, stage and get to the MUN, land and then accedn back to the csm; however I discovered that the csm has a couple of 'hatches' that have some science and fuel cells that I was not able to figure out.[/COLOR]

Just nit-picking a little: I love this mod but I somehow just noticed that the mercury command Pod doesn't have re-entry effects? I have tried everything but no dice. Not a big issue just wondering if it's on my end? I saw pictures and it also didn't have re-entry fx so perhaps it's normal?

Sorry for the 2nd post on this, is there support for this mod? I don't mean to ask this as a 'left handed' query, I have a couple of questions as I am not sure what to do. I "think" i fixed the [COLOR=#333333][I]Fasa Apollo Saturn V [for my purposed] , but the CSM has a couple of hatches with some items and I was curious if they were show or if they were functional. I ask this again as, if I attempt to click on them, I get the "click through" and I am pretty sure that I can rebuild the part of the CSM.

Thank you again.[/I][/COLOR]

Frizzank has mostly stepped away from FASA and handed things over to a new generation (though he's popped back in a few times with fixes). We're working on overhauling bits here and there, but haven't released yet. For questions like yours however, fellow users are probably your best avenue of support. :)

[quote name='gamerscircle']Sorry for the 2nd post on this, is there support for this mod? I don't mean to ask this as a 'left handed' query, I have a couple of questions as I am not sure what to do. I "think" i fixed the [COLOR=#333333][I]Fasa Apollo Saturn V [for my purposed] , but the CSM has a couple of hatches with some items and I was curious if they were show or if they were functional. I ask this again as, if I attempt to click on them, I get the "click through" and I am pretty sure that I can rebuild the part of the CSM.

Thank you again.[/I][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I haven't played with this mod enough to answer your question, but from the save game craft file, someone added equipment in those hatches when you could access them. My guess is when 1.0.5 came out and everything switched over to a new model (I think that's the word), the hatch portion was not figured into the mesh to be able to use it correctly. Though, the parts in them are still there, but is more or less eye candy until these hatches can be fixed to where you can have access to them and can remove and add equipment back into them. Another guess is that when the patch came out, this mod had to be fixed to be compatible, but wasn't entirely fixed for functionality.

I am sure this issue is being addressed and we will see it fixed when it gets fixed. The update hasn't been out that long and sometimes it takes a little while to get things back an even keel so things like this hatch can be used once again.

I too love the complete Saturn V, but the fairing fix that gamerscircle found out isn't working for me. I even went into the part .mu files and checked out the collision meshes on the engines and fairings, and I found nothing out of the ordinary. I have no clue what's going on.

[quote name='Jimbodiah']That Apollo CM/CSM is just amazing![/QUOTE]

I wish more mod designers would use that apollo texture. I love the shiny surfaces, it makes it pop out. To be quite honest.. i didn't know that was possible with this game until i started playing with the fasa mod. I mean, yeah, you have some metal/gold textures, but nothing like that.

Wolf: Just use other decouplers, the rest is just fine. To be honest I only use the Gemini/Apollo pods and landers, I've removed the rest as I have been using SSTU for my other ships.

It would be so cool if FASA could get the Orion parts in the same style as the Apollo system.

47 minutes ago, the.fllying.ace said:

How come my fasa Saturn V explodes every time it decouples? All I have installed is joint reinforcement. Please help

There was a significant change in KSP 1.05 that breaks the way these decouplers were made.   I believe that rebuilt decouplers for the Saturn I/V rockets are being constructed for the next update of the FASA mod. 

Thankfully that means there is likely nothing wrong with your game....  It is the mod and they are working on it.

5 minutes ago, Fullmetal99012 said:

Whenever I launch the FASA Saturn V, it goes all wobbly. Things also occasionally break on the launch pad.

Is this just a symptom of the broken decouplers? 

Other than that issue Great Mod!!

Yeah FASA is pretty much broken right now. You could use some of the parts to build you own rockets, but the kraken is within the mod. So...proceed with caution.

7 hours ago, Sequinox said:

Yeah FASA is pretty much broken right now. You could use some of the parts to build you own rockets, but the kraken is within the mod. So...proceed with caution.

Aside from the cylindrical and conical decouplers on  Saturn Rockets, as well as DennyTX's LM/CM command pods with issues with the Doors if you try to play this game as a simulation, there appears to be no major issues with FASA at this time.  

That isn't even a baby Kraken.   It is just a couple of standardish Octopi gobbling tasty treats up.

1 minute ago, tmccreight651 said:

Umm, major bug report, when I stage the Saturn V the whole thing wonks out and has a bad fit of rapid unplanned dissasembly, any thoughts?

I'd recommend taking a few moments to look at the posts prior to yours on this page and the previous one.  It's mentioned at least once.

22 hours ago, MOARdV said:

I'd recommend taking a few moments to look at the posts prior to yours on this page and the previous one.  It's mentioned at least once.

That's why I've built, but not flown, a Saturn V.

Also, further testing has revealed that the 1.25m half side fairing has... disagreements... with the Agena Flight Pack. I suspect that this is also due to the changes in how decouplers work, but I'm not sure. Haven't had an RUD from it yet, but it's resulted in more than a few rockets going somewhat sideways at Mach 3+, which is less than fun when it causes the Agena Probe Core to promptly cook itself, then pop like popcorn.:huh:

EDIT: Heh. Apollo Sub Satellite + Gemini lander fuel tank and engine gives an interplanetary probe. Tweakscale a decoupler to 0.26m, and you can pop it suborbital to about 80km, reenter safely, then FLY the subsatellite using body lift. Granted, landing velocity's north of 70 m/s, but STILL.

I can have fun with this. Science abuse FTW! :D

Edited by MaverickSawyer

the bug i found a while ago is still there on the apollo csm and lem when i want to attach a science instrument in the csm service module bays the attachment place is not in the bay it is where the door would be if it was closed 

Edited by Nucluer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.