[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

Thanks for the update Frizzank! It appears the fairings issue is resolved with the Saturn V, however (and I hate to be that guy) but it appears that the colliders for the LEM decouplers are suffering from the same problem. Again, I'm using the stock NASA Saturn V build that is included, and the issue is with the decoupler between the LEM and the IVB stage, and the decoupler for the LEM ascent stage. Clearly this is minor as it can be simply resolved by using different decouplers but thought I would mention it.

18 hours ago, Nucluer said:

the bug i found a while ago is still there on the apollo csm and lem when i want to attach a science instrument in the csm service module bays the attachment place is not in the bay it is where the door would be if it was closed 

Yes I forgot about that one, its an easy fix. I will fix it as soon as I get a few min.

I was playing with my own mod and got frustrated with the exploding decouplers so I decided to fix them. It didn't take long. Please post any other super annoying broken pieces.

Found a bug, not sure if it is with remote tech or with FASA, but the LEM is non-responsive. Even while docked to CM. No RCS, no reaction wheel, no nothing. I can turn the antenna on and off, but I am running RT XF, so that is allowed within remote tech rules. However, it remains unresponsive, completely, even when a pilot is in the cockpit.

Sorry if I am mentioning this again, but there is an issue with procedural fairings as well. I seems like whenever the physics loads on the launch pad, and procedural fairings get cloned to random places on the rocket and then start being used as weapons by the kraken, usually with results that make the N-1 explosion jealous.

Edited by .50calBMg
typo

It's not a control problem, its a problem with procedural fairings and FASA together. FASA by itself is fine, as is procedural fairings. However, when both are installed at the same time, FASA seems to make the fairings bug out on the launch pad. The fairings in FASA work perfectly fine, however.

I think I might have a slight issue and perhaps I can get some advice?

Before the update, the only explosions I had was the fairings/decouplers and the LES.  Thanks to the update, those are now fixed, however after the update [I deleted the old folder completely and unzipped and copied over the stuff] the Apollo CSM Docking Device , when I go to decouple it, I get an explosion each time.

This is repeatable for me each time.

So I fixed some more collision issues with the Apollo CSM.

I also changed the fuel flow priority of the APS engines. It was annoying that they would draw from everywhere for the RCS now it pulls from the earliest stage first.

I did an Apollo 11 test run and everything worked for me (Nothing exploded), post more bugs if you find them.

the CSM problem is fixed!!!

the lem descent stage still has the problem it's on a diagonal but i can live with it i can use the offset tools

also can the saturn V and 1b j2 decoupler hold on to attachments eg parachutes i have stage recovery installed and i want to recover the decoupler   

Edited by Nucluer

42 minutes ago, Nucluer said:

the CSM problem is fixed!!!

the lem descent stage still has the problem it's on a diagonal but i can live with it i can use the offset tools  

As I am new to the mod, which CSM issue?  I have yet to land with the LEM, are you talking about that  descent stage?

28 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

As I am new to the mod, which CSM issue?  I have yet to land with the LEM, are you talking about that  descent stage?

the CSM is the command pod and the service module (just behind the pod it) i just couldn't put stuff into the bays on the service module as for the descent stage it's no problem just parts attach off its skin and i have to use the offset tools to make it look good 

I just thought I would pop in here and thank @frizzank for the hard work and support.  For someone like me whom is new to KSP and wanted to attempt a Historical trek , this mod made it so much more fun.

Now, if I can ask a question or request.  Can I change the LEM Fuel cell so it doesn't use the mono prop and uses the liquid fuel?  Is that by design or?

3 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

I just thought I would pop in here and thank @frizzank for the hard work and support.  For someone like me whom is new to KSP and wanted to attempt a Historical trek , this mod made it so much more fun.

Now, if I can ask a question or request.  Can I change the LEM Fuel cell so it doesn't use the mono prop and uses the liquid fuel?  Is that by design or?

By Design I think.  Frizzank has always maintained that a limited amount of dependencies was the most efficient way to make sure FASA alone did not crash your game.  

Most Fuel cells use some sort of Hypergolic or very low flash temperature fuel to create an Electrical charge that can then be applied to a battery or other stowage device.  Mono-propellant (a most in-appropriately named fuel BTW) is a Hypergolic fuel.  IE it reacts when both parts of the Fuel are combined (See it is Bi-Propellant not Mono....:D.)   So without needing an additional mod to add more resources to the Game Frizzank used the most appropriate fuel available for the job. 

In the Real World Hydrazine Hydrant is used for the Maneuvering thrusters on things like the Space Shuttle, Apollo, Gemini etc.   The second fuel is the catalyst which in the case of the modern thrusters at least is a piece/strip of Iridium Metal.  One of the solid compounds that causes Hydrazine to ignite on contact (SO it is Half Liquid Half Solid fuel rocket motor.  As only one fuel is used in any quantity someone thought to call it Mono-propellant.

Sorry for the digression but it is important to understand WHY Monopropellant was Frizzank's best choice.

Edited by Pappystein
Formating/Gramatical errors

Somebody used the magic words of Real World....mwahaha.

Technically all of the things you mentioned did not use monoprolllants at all: they all used (di)Nitrogen tetraoxide as oxidizer and either Aerozine 50/50 (50% UDMH and 50% hydrazine) or MMH as fuel. US space fuel cells have generally been hydrolox so the byproducts can be used as drinking water.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.