TAC Fuel Balancer-DISCONTINUED

TaranisElsu

• 4 weeks later...
Iny news about how it's work in version 1.05?

I haven't had any issues yet in 1.0.5, but I've only done some light testing.

Don't be afraid. Install it, test it, find out for yourself. Make a scratch install of KSP for testing mods on.

• 1 month later...
On 9/21/2015, 2:09:09, AdamMil said:
sardia said:
Were your changes ever incorporated? It doesn't look like it.

TaranisElsu seems to have disappeared. :-P He hasn't been in the forums for a long time, and he didn't reply to my message either. EDIT: I just checked and he posted recently to say "I am still around. Been busy with other things though..."

Has this been tested with 1.0.5?

I havent really run it thru its paces testing every aspect of it, but I've been using 2.5.1.7 in several 1.0.4 AND 1.0.5 installs, both Linux AND Windows, from fresh, 1 or 2 mod stock installs, to heavily modded, and havent had even a hiccup...Seems to be be doing everything I ask it to, like its supposed to... So I would say yes for 1.0.5... ???

Edited by Stone Blue

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/13/2016 at 4:55 AM, Rasip said:

Maybe mine is busted. In 1.0.5 with version 2.5.1.7 most functions work, but not the edit ability.

Are you trying it on the ground? Editing only works when landed, and possibly only on Kerbin.

On 12/12/2015 at 2:58 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Has this been tested with 1.0.5?

I haven't specifically tested my customized version with 1.0.5, but if the official version works (which I expect it will) then so should mine.

Edited by AdamMil

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2016 at 0:24 AM, AdamMil said:

Are you trying it on the ground? Editing only works when landed, and possibly only on Kerbin.

I haven't specifically tested my customized version with 1.0.5, but if the official version works (which I expect it will) then so should mine.

@AdamMil,

Do you have this customized version up in Github yet?  I would suggest forking the original and then saving your changes there, would make it easy to push back to the original

On 1/29/2016 at 5:22 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

@AdamMil,

Do you have this customized version up in Github yet?  I would suggest forking the original and then saving your changes there, would make it easy to push back to the original

No, and since I dislike git I'd probably have used Bitbucket, but for "pushing back to the original" you're right that using git would make that easier. But if that happened, it would mean TaranisElsu would be around and maybe I could avoid maintaining a fork in the first place. :-)

On 1/29/2016 at 6:13 AM, Stone Blue said:

@AdamMil What latest version of TAC FB is your version built from, if you dont mind my asking?... (For backward compatability info...)

It was based on 2.5.1.

3 hours ago, AdamMil said:

No, and since I dislike git I'd probably have used Bitbucket, but for "pushing back to the original" you're right that using git would make that easier. But if that happened, it would mean TaranisElsu would be around and maybe I could avoid maintaining a fork in the first place. :-)

It was based on 2.5.1.

Just curious, if you were to put it up on Bitbucket, you would still be using git, correct?

I suggested Github because the original is already up there, and it would merely be a  matter of forking it and putting in your changes.  Also, I know that CKAN works with github, but I'm not aware of any KSP mods which are on github (of course, I could be wrong :-)    )

Either way, it's your choice, and I do appreciate the work you did on TAC fuel balancer.

20 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Just curious, if you were to put it up on Bitbucket, you would still be using git, correct?

No way, I'd be using Mercurial. :-P  Hmm. I do realize it's kind of evil to separate the revision histories, and I'd probably be convinced to use git on github for reasons like that. But is there some reason to create a github repository other than the one that's been given? I think the one-time convenience of being able to push back to the original tree if TaranisElsu ever comes back (rather than just email him a patch) would be more than offset by the one-time inconvenience of setting up the repository. I'm not really opposed to the idea; I just don't see what the benefit is.

Edited by AdamMil

Well, to start, most people who mod KSP use git.  So anyone who would want to fork it would already be familiar with git, mercurial (which I use at work) isn't so popular.

Personally, I use git and have contributed to several other mods, having to switch to Mercurial for a single mod would not be worth it for me

Setting up a repo is trivial, and if you like, i could set it up, merge your patches and then turn the repo over to you on Github

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Setting up a repo is trivial, and if you like, i could set it up, merge your patches and then turn the repo over to you on Github

Oh, I could set it up. It's just that I don't know what the benefit to me or others would be. For me, for a one-time change to a seemingly dead project, having a zip file with binaries and source seems perfectly convenient. But if you said "People want to do X and it's really inconvenient right now!" then I'd understand. :-)

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, X1machinemaker1X said:

Will this version work with KSP 1.0.5 and if not, is there a release date for a compatible version?

20 hours ago, AdamMil said:

Yes, it works fine.

I'll also verify it works fine in 1.0.5 :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this this mod which is essential to play KSP with big and advanced ships, planes or rockets.

Would it be possible to make some improvements as follow:

As we are able to balance all or a part of the tanks, it would be great to be able to lock, transfert in or transfer out all or a part of the tanks ?

Thank you

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.