What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Main event was starliner going to Duna.

RfLSNX6l.png

45 days trip, trajectory clips well inside Eve orbit.

Carrying 5 tourists, an mining base and an science lander and some probes.

I also managed to clip Mun surface with one of this return probes.

QRBQPobh.png

This was without the transfer stage and lost the claw and fuel tanks in the impact also lowered my orbit so the next orbit was an impact, 6 km is to low :)

I got nauseous playing KSP! It was awesome!

I just attempted my first ever rescue mission. It wasn't too difficult since I had done plenty of rendezvous and docking things before, but I only just started a career mode so rescuing somebody was new to me. Anyway, it went smoothly and I got the rendezvous close enough that I could switch over to the brave (and lovely I'm sure) lady, Phogey. The rescue ship being on the inside orbit, the planet was dominating my view. I was right over KSC. This was partly cool of course, but I was swept by a moment of nausea at the same time. I have a fear of heights, enough so that it makes me nauseous. The graphics aren't good enough to trigger it through the image, but the very idea of it hit me right then in a way that playing the game hadn't accomplished before. Because I could see a recognizable landmark the whole thing just hit home for me and made me feel a bit sick for a moment.

Messing with mods rendered my career save unplayable, so I started a new one.

And I should say, it started (•_•) / ( •_•)>âŒÂâ– -â–  / (âŒÂâ– _â– ) pretty solid.

r1JqODO.png

CkMZNwB.png

7O4z1ug.png

Yesterday i bounced on an asteroid, today I made it stick....oooh! Asteroid mining....8) need to find a bigger one to refuel LOX tanks...found a bigger one AST JEC 202.

Got re-juiced, but when I went back it had become wobbly, and threw me off, broke my miner..8(

screenshot66.pngscreenshot61.png

Edited by algwat
add image

Build a 60 tonne lander all for training Kerbals.

Mk3 command pod with a hitchhiker can, lots of parachutes including drogues and then 4 large external (and detachable) fuel tanks with lander legs.

Mainsail asparagus system (don't have rhino's or mammoth's yet) to orbit and circularisation, then injection to Munar orbit and circularisation. then pushed me out of munar orbit. final mainsail dropped (they really pulled their weight!) then poodled to Minmus orbit and circularisation, landed on the pole, did a load of science, planted a tonne of flags and killed jeb...

so, whilst leaving the main pod jeb clipped out and went shooting into the Minmus surface at seriously terminal velocity, I can't explain it the lander was happily on the floor and it was only about 20m to the ground. all other 6 Kerbonauts made it fine and planted flags etc.

got everyone back on board and made it to Kerbin and landed nice and sofly in the deserts.

lots of 3 star kerbals (all pilots and engineers) currently running my second batch to bring up the rest (and re-do the now re-spawned Jeb)

also clocked up about 1000 science over the last few days so just planning on what to spend it on, may need a touch more to bring it up to an even 1000.

Tested the rover + skycrane stock of the craft Library with one of my lifter and some modifications on it like parachutes, fairing (for capsule design) and a heat shield. Re-entry over the South mountain. Landed on South pole. WOOHOO ! :cool:

ARMAGEDDON !

A class E asteroid of 1850t. was on collision course with Kerbin, so i decided to try to catch it for science fuel ^^

That was harder than i expected, had to use a big ISRU SSTO ship to redirect the asteroid to a 40km PE, then switch to a light ISRU with 2 nerv and no solar panels to resist multiples aerobrakings..., used the Mun for gravity assist to match Kerbin plane, and a lot of 0.01TWR 10mn burns to circularize.... pffff

A LOT of real time later, the baby is safe in LKO, now 1608t., and 1350t. ressource left :)

Will help if i need quick refuel in LKO ;)

T3VM6kG.jpg

Fly safe with Valentina :)

I whipped up this basic F-4 analogue in the SPH one night quickly, optimised for looks. Then as a just-one-more-thing before bed today, thought I'd take it for a quick spin to see how it is. And it. is. fabulous. So. agile.

Couldn't help myself giggling at how much fun it was, I was worried about distracting the other guys in my (shared) college study! They were trying to write a sermon and an essay, and I was having a ball! Poor buggers.

It's put one of those treasured KSP-smiles on my dial.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Last night's activities began with a check of the revised Project Peacock craft en route to Mun to see if it still had the same KAS satellite repair tools as the original design aboard or not (no real reason why it wouldn't - just one of those "peace of mind" things); you can't check that information without a Kerbal in the pod, so I went to Munport to check Verise's supplies (Verise being the chief engineer assigned to the station and Mun SOI in general). Wound up finding some good science in the Mun Buggy from the first group's trip down there, so I went ahead and had Verise process it in the station's lab - it was good for almost 200 data. I'll need to get a scientist up there now to convert that back into science points, and I'll need to deliver it back to Kerbin at the next opportunity. Probably when Bockscar departs in a few days - the craft arrived at Munport last thing last night. Jeb, Val and Orlie have been loaded aboard the station's Mun Buggy and are preparing to make their descent to the surface for contract and XP; that'll happen tonight. Bockscar's arrival at Mun finishes out a contract involving tourists Rayny and Ludock, so I need to return them to Kerbin at the next opportunity. I have three tourists already at Kerbinport ready to make the journey down; the Raven craft will have a full load upon their return.

Last night I also tweaked and performed another couple of test flights of the Magpie 7 ore-delivery plane. Tweaks involved moving the wings back, adding fuel, adding a little more to the fin and increasing the size of the ailerons. She's a rough bird to fly - especially once she's on rockets - and likes to sideslip a lot past 30,000m. I don't think she'll be one I can fly without using TAC to set the fuel to pump forward while still on the Runway. That said, the plane did make orbit last night with 105 m/s of delta-V remaining in the tanks. I reverted that flight, so tonight I may make another test flight utilizing TAC to see if that improves matters any at all. If so, a test re-entry and landing will be in order.

Still needing to get refinery modules up at both moons of Kerbin; the one for Minmus is en route and should arrive in nine days. Still got a Vulture flight to land, still have Theogel's Peacock to retire. Bunch of stuff going on but a lot of it is in a waiting pattern until I can find sufficient time to play...

Edited by capi3101

42cd9d494fb2e2ef4af6f2aa9c1112d8.png

The Kerbin-class Mobile Station, the cornerstone of my space program is going to soon get a smaller brother.

8a55ba4f108b8e2a816d9897dc4e13e1.png

The Valentina-class is going to do the same things as it's bigger brother, only on a smaller scale. Here's an in-development mockup on the launch pad.

Time to leave Laythe and go home to Kermin. And a damn long trip it is.

screenshot2336.png

Kronos_A works. But many things are kinda marginal. Fuel is one of those things. Control of the Laythe launch rocket is another. Small corrections, small, small, until we get out of the worst of the atmosphere.

screenshot2353_1.png

Goodbye, Laythe and Jool. ...For now.

screenshot2398_1.png

The home trip proved to be a hell of a test of propellant management. I did a tremendous slingshot on Tylo to escape from Jool.

screenshot2415.png

Good thing I did, because the whole trip home was very marginal. Somewhat surprising, since Kronos_X13, the prototype that did the dress rehearsal, had less fuel than Kronos_A, and made it home on fairly traditional maneuvering. Just barely, but still. I think the biggest problem for the boys in their Kronos_A became the braking into orbit around Kermin. That needed massive m/s, for some reason. Unfavorable encounter, I guess.

Time for the gals on Duna to also go home.

screenshot2457.png

They seemed a bit nervous for the trip. They needn't be. The Ikaros rockets are extremely safe and reliable.

screenshot2470.png

Back to home sweet home for the gals. What a beautiful day. What a nice landing.

screenshot2533.png

The boys got back to Kermin on fumes. On fumes I say. Ok, fumes and a drop maybe. Problem with that, is that a long sequence of radical and desperate maneuvering desisions leave you coming in rather hard. As in not having much options or control over the actual landing. Like when or where.

I hate night landings. I hate landings in the mountains. But most of all I hate night landings in the mountains.

screenshot2563.png

But I seem to have made it? Nice landing and all is well?..

screenshot2573.png

Awaiting morning and daylight reveals how precaurious the landing was. Ouch! Look at the landing legs and shadows.

screenshot2578.png

Anyway, the really big Laythe adventure is concluded. And happily. I'm just wowized.

Edited by Vermil

Bob took a tour of Kerbin's moons in my new career save.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

After that I planned on doing a Mun landing by docking in Munar orbit, but I used too much fuel and had to use the lander to reach Munar orbit. I decided to use the rest of the fuel to see how much it would need to land as an unmanned test. It used more fuel than I expected so I'll have to redesign it before I land any kerbals.

1nnu6B9.png