What do you name your space agencies?

GalaxyGryphon

Panda Space Agency.

Says it all really...  my flag is a stylised panda face in front of a St Georges cross.

Originally came from a comment a work colleague made about my surname rhyming with 'pandas' and the joke stuck.

I've gone by a couple of names, the least-used one is the Kerbal Space Exploration Coalition, or KSEC, because I wanted a cool-sounding acronym. Kay-sek sounds really cool for a space program whilst keeping Kerbal in it. Other than that, I've used my personal name for a rocketry company, AstroTek Aerospace, but the one I make use of, because it's a single player game and ubiquitous, is just 'the Kerbal Space Program' because that's what I'm in charge of.

19 hours ago, dragonaether said:

I call it "aether space tech" or "aether space agency" but i prefere the first one. Specialized in wobbly rockets and landing disasters. 

Given the similarities in our forum handles, it doesn't surprise me that we have related agency names (with the intentional misspelling in mine, of course.)  "Aetharcorp Aerospace" for career saves, "Aetharcorp Experimentals" for general mucking-around sandboxes.  If I'm focusing on a specific challenge and want it to have its own save file (one of these days, I'll successfully complete the Elcano challenge!), then that save generally just gets named after the challenge in question.

UKSI for United Kerbin Space Initiative. The idea came after seeing some concept art-thing about a space shuttle successor owned by a space agency called the United Nations Space Initiative. Change the United Nations to United Kerbin, and viola, semi-original space agency name. It also can allow me to explain why there's a mix of Soviet & U.S. tech and a complete lack of a space race.

Avalon Astronautics is the Company that manufactures most (currently all) of the parts in my mods. So for the name to my space agency, I just used it & an extra word to make... Avalon Astronautics Alliance!!!!

On 5/18/2013 at 2:08 PM, GalaxyGryphon said:

I keep trying to make some up but they all sound to much like NASA because Aeronautics, Space, and Agency are all words i want to use.

anyway, post yours.

Aquila Aerospace.

The save is named after the goal, YouTube series name, or main mod that I'm using. So I've had "Kerpollo", "New Horizons," and "Grand Tour" save games.

However, those aren't really the name of my space program. That name is "Kerbal Space Program." And I'm mostly just assuming that because nowhere does it say the name in the game and I've never really considered it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.