[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

TriggerAu has a pull request for Drag & Drop sorting of the servos in the group editor & input locking that will prevent clicking parts THROUGH the window.

BloodyRain2k has a pull request for a stock toolbar implementation for those that must refuse to use toolbar plugin.

So what have I been doing? Here is this sneak preview (NOTE: I'm testing limits (hardcoded within the CFG) that's why it stops in one direction and ignore the debugging coordinates.

http://youtu.be/tF0SgGLIzH0

OMG you really did it, that is awesome :)

I'm already excited.

I just had another pie-in-the-sky idea (I'm sure someone has had it before, but a "kas" search in this thread didn't find it). It sure would be amazing if we could have a part that acted like an EVA Kerbal for the purpose of grabbing and attaching KAS parts! Then we could have modular bases that assemble themselves with the help of a robot arm with this little "artificial Kerbal" on the end of it.

Maybe it's impossible? Maybe something to ask the KAS guy(s) for? Just throwing it out there.

Wow!!! You've finally figured it out! This feature will work great to reducing the Rework part count, and make all those folded contraptions a whole lot easier to create.

Questions (because it's what I do :P ):

- Do the arrow keys account for the movement speed of the parts in the cfg?

- Will it be possible to move parts together as a group? I'm thinking mainly for the telescopic pistons, so they all move the same amount.

- Any plans to add a text field to set the exact distance/angle, or set a percentage between the tweaked limits?

- Will uncontrolled parts be configurable in this?

Answer Time!

• Arrow keys will not account for speed for the time being. Once I get that squared away I will implement speed but for the time being I just want the parts to move and not complicate my implementation.
  • Moving parts in a group is not currently in the scope of the first version. That will follow later.
  • I'll probably add a numerical text field to allow setting the part.
  • Uncontrolled parts?

You can angle the uncontrollable hinge, meaning rocket-bogie suspension systems will be a lot easier to create!

Ok that sounds like I didn't abuse the parts enough to really see the impact that it will have :D

Update!

Added a folder to include licenses of all supported external mods being used.

Added Drag & Drop support for moving servos to different groups in the servo editor. No need to click up or down arrows! (Thanks TriggerAU!)

Added input locking to prevent clicking THROUGH the UI. (Thanks TriggerAU!)

Update!

Added a folder to include licenses of all supported external mods being used.

Added Drag & Drop support for moving servos to different groups in the servo editor. No need to click up or down arrows! (Thanks TriggerAU!)

Added input locking to prevent clicking THROUGH the UI. (Thanks TriggerAU!)

OMG the work day is not over fast enough :D

That not clicking through the UI is a welcomed addition, thanks :)

When you adjust a parts angle in the VAB/SPH with the new slider would it be possible to have the angle you set as a new "center" position, "move center" would return it to that set angle and the +/- limits would act from it?

That not clicking through the UI is a welcomed addition, thanks :)

When you adjust a parts angle in the VAB/SPH with the new slider would it be possible to have the angle you set as a new "center" position, "move center" would return it to that set angle and the +/- limits would act from it?

Maybe but at this moment I have bigger fish to fry for IR. :)

The Drag&Drop option is awesome!

But, I have discovered that I can't click through the IR window even it is hidden.

That means, the area where the window was before hiding it is still not klickable.

Anyone can confirm this?

*Edit

Happens just in VAB/SPH with the Group Editor Menu.

Edited by johnwayne1930

The Drag&Drop option is awesome!

But, I have discovered that I can't click through the IR window even it is hidden.

That means, the area where the window was before hiding it is still not klickable.

Anyone can confirm this?

*Edit

Happens just in VAB/SPH with the Group Editor Menu.

I can confirm that - I made a typo ("gui.enabled" instead of "guiEnabled"). Have tweaked the code and am setting up a new pull request for sirkut

I did a quick test and SAS torque appears not to have any effect on a Rotatron. Here's my test rig:

GoVKpmv.png

I tried it with SAS on and off, and with "control from here" set to the probe core under the Rotatron, then the one above it. Rotation rate was identical in all scenarios.

I did a quick test and SAS torque appears not to have any effect on a Rotatron. Here's my test rig:

http://i.imgur.com/GoVKpmv.png

I tried it with SAS on and off, and with "control from here" set to the probe core under the Rotatron, then the one above it. Rotation rate was identical in all scenarios.

Thanks for the answer, looks like my dockingwasher blocking was from part mass and surface gravity.

I can confirm that - I made a typo ("gui.enabled" instead of "guiEnabled"). Have tweaked the code and am setting up a new pull request for sirkut

Ah! I kept running into this and then looked at debug log and say it was this. Looking forward to the fix.

I'll be uploading a fix tomorrow morning as I'm wrapped up with family duties. Thanks to everyone for being patient.

Updated to 0.18.6 to fix the input locking. Thanks TriggerAu!

Edited by sirkut

Question, does the Claw work when attached to the hydraulic thing?

Here's my ship

2urun7r.jpg

I have a class A asteroid already in an equatorial orbit around Minmus, and I want to land it by my base. Since the base is in a slope, I figure the asteroid would just keep rolling if I simply toss it. So, being new to IR, my idea was to gently lower it to the ground using that hydraulic column and either release it if it touches the ground or hold it there until I send a truck with the Claw to keep it in place. And I get science from "surface sample of asteroid on Minmus surface" plus a bit of new decoration for the base.

However, whenever I try to grab the asteroid, my ship rebounds, no matter how gentle I am. So I wonder if putting the Claw at the end point of the hydraulic thing makes it impossible to grab asteroids for whatever physics reasons or I'm simply maneuvering wrong somehow.

Question, does the Claw work when attached to the hydraulic thing?

Here's my ship

http://i62.tinypic.com/2urun7r.jpg

I have a class A asteroid already in an equatorial orbit around Minmus, and I want to land it by my base. Since the base is in a slope, I figure the asteroid would just keep rolling if I simply toss it. So, being new to IR, my idea was to gently lower it to the ground using that hydraulic column and either release it if it touches the ground or hold it there until I send a truck with the Claw to keep it in place. And I get science from "surface sample of asteroid on Minmus surface" plus a bit of new decoration for the base.

However, whenever I try to grab the asteroid, my ship rebounds, no matter how gentle I am. So I wonder if putting the Claw at the end point of the hydraulic thing makes it impossible to grab asteroids for whatever physics reasons or I'm simply maneuvering wrong somehow.

I'm not sure what the issue is but I've stated that any docking mechanism(the claw is a docking port of sorts) is a no-no when attaching directly to an IR part. Things can misbehave so tread lightly.