[PLUGIN][ALPHA-10] City Lights and Clouds on Kerbin/Others

rbray89

afar_1.png

Look again at that dot. That's here, that's home, that's us.

afar_2.png

On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives.

afar_3.png

The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived thereâ€â€on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

--Carl Sagan

Edited by 5thHorseman

afar_1.png

Look again at that dot. That's here, that's home, that's us.

afar_2.png

On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives.

afar_3.png

The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived thereâ€â€on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

Nice. :-) attribute?

could the static retrograde clouds be replaced with a real time loop of Earth's clouds in an animation?

Hmm.... It would be less of an animation, and more of texture replacement every minute or so... Neat idea, but I would hate to be dependent on an internet connection to a site somewhere. I'm working on making the cloud cover more realistic.

It still looks as if the lights are hovering in mid air though

Yeah, and unfortunately there isn't much of a way around it. I will be working on having it appear in higher altitude, and having higher resolution lighting before, so it will look like you are actually flying above a city.

Right now, I'm trying to get clouds to work "right" when on the ground viewing up.

Can you see if you can add a cool effect as the ship passes through the cloud layer? Kind of like what happens when you break mach 1 in the game?

Eventually there will be volumetric clouds that you will be able to fly through. Now that I have started working on this, I am thinking that I may want to add wind/rain/fog/ etc as weather patterns. But don't hold me to it.

It looks like the clouds are pasted onto the top of the atmosphere, which causes an odd effect. It's as though there's a "ghost" planet that's visible at the horizon.

Can you post a picture outlining what it is you don't like? I think I know what you are talking about, and I am still toying with shaders to get everything to look as nice as I can.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.