[1.8.x] DMagic Orbital Science: New Science Parts [v1.4.3] [11/2/2019]

DMagic

On 4/8/2016 at 4:47 AM, eddiew said:

Sounds like good progress :)  Looking forward to the 1.1 version, KSP just isn't the same with only a handful of vanilla experiments. I must research!!

I came to check the progress because I was frantically searching the tech tree for experiments, was about to load up an unmodded 1.1 to see if ctt was moving them or something, then realized it was because I was missing this important mod lol

So really I stopped by to thank Dmagic for his awesome work.

I'm using this with the x64 1.1 version and I have merely any problems which all are that I can't use labs to process the information (might be a wrong kind of lab, it's very likely this is caused by me having so many mods)

beside that all the parts work fine/great

This bug has been around for a while in 1.0.x and DMagic has said that he couldn't figure out the reason why it was happening and this is a frustrating bug and I've tried reporting it over the months with no resolution. The only reason I decided to put up with it is because I was hoping it'd be gone in 1.1, but it isn't, so, can someone help with this one? Also, for some crazy reason, I'm the only one actually experiencing this bug! Which makes it all the more frustrating.

KSP Version: 1.1 pre-release build 1196 64bit exe, Windows

What Happens: After restoring the micro Goo containment pod and the SC-901 Science Micro and waiting for the autosave, the game generally bugs out after the autosave

Mods / Add-Ons: 1.1 prerelease compat DMagic Orbital Science 1.2.1

Steps to Replicate:

1. Load the provided craft onto the pad, make sure you have a scientist.

2. Exit pod, do observe and collect twice for both parts.

3. Restore the two parts.

4. Wait until the autosave.

5. After the autosave, try right clicking on things. Nothing works. Then re-enter pod and have a chance of being cloned.

Result: Right click no longer works, generally bugs out and gets attacked by the kraken. Sometimes if you re-enter the pod, the kerbal gets cloned.

Fixes/Workarounds: Going to KSC and back fixes it. doing a quicksave and reverting it will temporarily fix it until next time.

Files including logs, craft file, output log, DXdiag log, the mod folder, etc: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iwimsjyf27m8scf/DMOS%20bug%20report.zip?dl=0

Right now I feel like just screaming HELP and posting this stuff on this section and in the other help section and in the bugtracker, that's how frustrated I am with this because nobody else is getting this bug and DMagic has no clue how to fix it, I think....

edit: I tried setting the experimentLimit  bit to 1 and it bugged out instantly.

Edited by smjjames

First off, I love this mod! I haven't unlocked all of the features yet, but I've really enjoyed it so far. I've been having trouble with the recon telescope though. For some reason, it doesn't ever want to give me credit for using it. The Long Term Orbital Reconnaissance Mission contracts that require the use of the Simple Orbital Reconnaissance Telescope (I suppose the more advanced one should theatrically work too but I don't have it unlocked yet) won't recognize that I have gathered the necessary data. This isn't the first time I've had the problem either. I also experience the problem when I look at the [x] Science! mod and see that I don't get credit for any of the simple recon data science experiments. The kicker is that if I'm in a new area, like going to Minmus for the first time, and I do the recon science experiment on both hemispheres, I will actually receive science for doing it...but it just doesn't get counted in X Science, and it doesn't count for the contract either.

Any ideas why this is happening or if I'm doing something wrong? How can I fix this? It bugs the hell out of me.

Here's two pictures of what I was describing:

https://imgur.com/a/WSde7

22 hours ago, smjjames said:

This bug has been around for a while in 1.0.x and DMagic has said that he couldn't figure out the reason why it was happening and this is a frustrating bug and I've tried reporting it over the months with no resolution. The only reason I decided to put up with it is because I was hoping it'd be gone in 1.1, but it isn't, so, can someone help with this one? Also, for some crazy reason, I'm the only one actually experiencing this bug! Which makes it all the more frustrating.

It has happened to me too in 1.05.  I haven't seen it yet in 1.1.  I wasn't sure what was causing it, but no that you mention it. it may have started when I added this mod.

@KocLobster Are you transmitting the data? The contract won't complete until the data is actually transmitted or recovered. As for XScience, it probably doesn't recognize the custom biome solution that the recon parts use.

@smjjames Many of the parts have colliders that don't always line up with what they are attached to, this is usually caused by that other part; many of the stock parts have colliders that don't match up well with the visible mesh. The translation gizmo is the best way to fix it.

@lude I haven't tested this much, but you are probably right that there is an issue with science labs. They were changed in 1.1 and this needs a few more updates to account for those changes.

13 minutes ago, DMagic said:

@KocLobster Are you transmitting the data? The contract won't complete until the data is actually transmitted or recovered. As for XScience, it probably doesn't recognize the custom biome solution that the recon parts use.

@smjjames Many of the parts have colliders that don't always line up with what they are attached to, this is usually caused by that other part; many of the stock parts have colliders that don't match up well with the visible mesh. The translation gizmo is the best way to fix it.

@lude I haven't tested this much, but you are probably right that there is an issue with science labs. They were changed in 1.1 and this needs a few more updates to account for those changes.

Yes I have tried both transmitting it and returning it to KSC. Nothing seems to make these types of contracts complete, and I definitely feel like I'm doing everything correctly.. I guess this is a bug then?

So I was able to determine that returning the science experiment fulfills the contract, but transmitting it doesn't fulfill the contract like the contract says it should. All in all, not a very significant bug.

Edited by KocLobster

How are you supposed to actually deploy the seismic sensor pods on an asteroid?  The description makes it sound like you should be able to point them at the asteroid and hit decouple and they should attach but when I try that they just bounce off into space.

@Cruzo You don't have to detach them when coupled to an asteroid. Just have the pod on the same vessel (meaning that they can be attached to anything on the asteroid, including the asteroid itself if using KIS, or the same vessel as the hammer is on) and you will get the bonus.

Version 1.2.2 is out for KSP 1.1.0.1224; get it on GitHub.

This fixes a few minor problems with science labs, fixes the SIGINT size issues, and fixes an error with the micro goo and micro mat bay that could cause some of the strange errors described a few posts up.

@JPLRepo This also includes some changes intended for compatibility with TST.

The two recon telescopes have empty transforms positioned at the aperture opening with their forward direction pointed out. It also adds a config field flag ("openDoorsOnly") that adds new right-click and action group events that will open the camera bay doors without starting the camera swivel; the standard open and shut options can be used as well when this flag is used.

The transform name for the Little Brother Telescope is: "camera.forward.000"

The transforms for the Big Brother Telescope are: "camera.forward.000" and "camera.forward.001" for the bottom and top cameras, respectively.

Let me know if they work, or if they need to be rotated.

This mod is awesome. :)

Quick question..

The Exokerbal Core Drill:-  Is it by design that after you get your 3 samples a scientist can't reset it? At least, my scientists aren't able to.

Post edit: - For some reason I wasn't getting a message on screen but I am now. Scientist needs to be level 3. ...  Dangit!  But that'll be why.  Ignore this :)  Except.. thanks for all the fun!

Edited by Chippy the Space Dog
Added info