Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

1 minute ago, He_162 said:

Oh ok, well go ahead and give her a try if you want! I'd like to battle you! :D

Ok, maybe tomorrow I will try to make something that is legit and try again. :lol:

Using my Chakora Evo II engine, I've decided to completely rebuild my 0.90 FW 190-A with what I've learned in the last 1+ year. Crikey! A stupendous amount of work awaits me! Final version will be painted for that "extra" you don't see in 100% stock. Squad, give us the ability to paint anything. We're extremely bored with what we have!

Obmdq0r.png

Just now, Majorjim said:

What was that made from?

Wing parts mostly; heavy metal plates positioned 90 degrees to the airflow, a lot of heavy beams. This one uses cargo bays for the internal structure and just a lot of (much lighter) radiator panels instead of wing parts.

Just now, Azimech said:

Wing parts mostly; heavy metal plates positioned 90 degrees to the airflow, a lot of heavy beams. This one uses cargo bays for the internal structure and just a lot of (much lighter) radiator panels instead of wing parts.

Right I see. The radiators are very drag heavy though. I used that to my advantage in my CxP aeroshells.

Make the shape nice a clean and smooth! It takes time but doable with the radiators!

Edited by Majorjim

Just now, Majorjim said:

Right I see. The radiators are very drag heavy though. I used that to my advantage in my CxP aeroshells.

Make the shape nice a clean and smooth!

Sure will! And hopefully Squad will give us one day light and large sheets for building awesome & huge structures.

Just now, Azimech said:

Sure will! And hopefully Squad will give us one day light and large sheets for building awesome & huge structures.

Mods man, that's mods territory. Stuff like that will never be stock me thinks. It's listed that procedural parts wont be brought it by Squad. Other than fairings of course. :wink:

3 hours ago, Majorjim said:

LOL and SIGH..

What you makin' there?

I'm attempting to come up with a way to deliver my (WAY bigger than expected) rover to the surface of Laythe. Honestly, I don't like it, but I think it's a more 'realistic' way than strapping engines and parachutes to the actual rover. Any ideas?

Still balancing Prince Of Wales. Now on my 13th iteration, i've managed to get iterations like 12B and 10/11 to work, but they have a unfortunate tendency to lean back, though they go up to 5 mins without listing much. The last picture shows the balance part. I'm not sure how exactly a 200 ton piece affects the balance of a 60K ton vessel, but somehow it works in such a manner. The 1st picture shows how bad/good the list is, i'm wondering if I should give up balancing. Any input from you all?

Edited by SaturnianBlue

1 hour ago, Triop said:

Triop, I challenge you to make a MiG-15bis replica, with a 500 part count limit.

Doesn't have to fly, but I want you to make one, and I will too.. we will see who's is better, and in the end, we will have a cool statue to put somewhere... or fly! :D

Edited by He_162

4 minutes ago, He_162 said:

Triop, I challenge you to make a MiG-15bis replica, with a 500 part count limit.

Doesn't have to fly, but I want you to make one, and I will too.. we will see who's is better, and in the end, we will have a cool statue to put somewhere... or fly! :D

Like this ?

U6B488d.png

gWrXh1d.png

It flies great as well . . . All my planes do ^_^

Just now, Triop said:

I know, believe me i tried, Love the MiG-15.... but the ailerons keep going down, not up, example:

I can't figure this out ! :huh:

If it is too close to the center of mass, it messes with the ailerons a bit... just move the center of mass, or the ailerons.