HGR 1.875m parts R&D Thread [Mod reboot in progress] (First Dev build now available)

Orionkermin

I looked at this thread but I don't see any licensing information, so I'm not sure if whatever he used to achieve it is available to the community.

BobCat used it. Ask him.

P.S. When do you think the PMK-1N will come out?

Oh and...

I want to start focusing on the OM.

I've decide to make two after all.

*Insert Charlie Sheen voice* WINNING!

EDIT:Oh, and orion, are you planning on making Soyuz solar panels? Like in the 7K-OK

Edited by Pockrtplanesairways
WINNING!

Since you guys noticed it so quickly here's a quickly put together collage of that same mission. (I really love Apollo style Mun missions, might even be my favorite thing to do in the game) This pod is something I'm just sort of poking around with when I'm not in the mood to work on other stuff. I'm trying to take aspects of the mk1 can that I think work well and incorporate them into something with a style similar to the mk2. Still has a lot I want to work on for the exterior and I want to have at least a mostly done IVA before I release it, but I couldn't resist taking it for a spin.

screenshot13_zps65a569fb.png

As far as solar panels, fairing, and other specific accessories for the Soy-juice go, I'd like to make them eventually. However, I won't be working on them until the Soy-juice proper is released. They'll most likely be things that I work on on the side of other future main projects.

I love those KSSPP panels, but they are always so finicky.

KSSPP? Not sure which mod that is. The solar arrays are from KOSMOS, and the small panels are from AIES. Neither has given me any issue.

well if you like screens heres anoter one, command module using soy juice pod, rover/lander using raddish - connected to upper stage of rocket.

rover wasnt really usefull on minmus anyway due to low gravity :)

ZUzBpIx.png

fn6sLdZ.jpg

KSSPP? Not sure which mod that is. The solar arrays are from KOSMOS, and the small panels are from AIES. Neither has given me any issue.

I think he is referring to kosmos. It also goes by SSPP (Space Station Parts Pack), and he probably just shortened it even further to KSSPP, or Kosmos Space Station Parts Pack.

You want shots of our ships in action? Sure, I'll oblige you...

Craft is intended to be used as a crew transfer vehicle and emergency return vehicle for low orbit stations. Not a high endurance craft, as you'll soon see...

d5McyWQ.png

7xca94d.png

uMSMRuY.png

EFSl17R.png

by the way Orionkermin , do you have some new wip capsule projects or you just keep improving existing ones?

None in the works at the moment, other than the pmk. I do however have many ideas of pods I'd like to do, I'm just waiting for the soy-juice and 1.875m parts to be finished before I start any more new projects.

Same mod (Kosmos Space Station Parts Pack). Could have been my install at the time, they would spontaneously disassemble during vessel unpack from a time acceleration. But that was a long time ago, i'll give them another try

None in the works at the moment, other than the pmk. I do however have many ideas of pods I'd like to do, I'm just waiting for the soy-juice and 1.875m parts to be finished before I start any more new projects.

you mean they aren't finished already? could have fooled me...

I'm so excited for a new lander pod! And, admittedly, it looks rather well while still being a cylindrical shape. But have you ever considered doing it with more angular features, similar to the LM or Mk1 Lander can?

I thought about it when I was first designing it as the MK1 is one of my favorite pods. However I decided that I wanted to take the general style of the mk2 and try to actually make it look good. I also wanted it to be noticeably different from the ALCOR and Lack's SXT LEM. Maybe one day I'll do another based off the early LEM concepts, I mean you can never have enough pod options right.

]

378809main_image_1445_946-710.jpg

ljFjJPq.jpg

I think they look pretty kerbal. :)

EDIT: Also thank you to those posting pics, I appreciate and do look them over even if I don't directly respond. It always surprises me to see the different ways people use the ol' Radish, I think it's the mark of a really good pod and I think it'll always be one of my favorites.

Edited by Orionkermin

I think you should make a SM for the spud next.

The spud doesn't really need a SM, since you can just attach a 1.25m fuel tank an adapter for the 48-7S (The stack mount one) and then attach RCS to the adapter. (Basically what OrionKerman has in his sig)

I don't think I've responded on an HGR thread before, but I do use this mod, and I think it's really well done. Fills a nice gap in the stock parts. I made a Titan GLV type thing and an Orion inspired CSM using this (and few other) packs.

MU96E2wl.pngoDvwbUgl.png

I had to modelnode-up a tall 1.875 to 2.5m adapter from the smaller adapter, though. But that's the only part I felt was missing. Can't comment on the Soyjuice as I don't use it.

I think my favourite part of this entire mod is the innovative multiple-fairing-module thing. It's a really neat way to solve the problem without using a plugin, even despite the problems extra nodes sometimes cause.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.