The unofficially official 0.24-Kerbapalooza Thread - Now extra #HYPETRAIN!

KvickFlygarn87

If engines are very expensive and fuel is cheap, one would tend to use just enough engine to get the rocket off the ground as more would be a waste of money. Sure, you would use more dV to get to orbit, but fuel is cheap so that's less significant than the additional engine cost to raise TWR.

Edit: Ninja'd!

You also have the TWR 0,9 rockets with a stack of SRB.

I'm more interested in mod compatibility, and also the restructured tech tree. I wonder how mods like Kethane and EPL will deal with currency. Also, do we know what the currency is called?

Kethane will obviously be free, its just converted, EPL might add an fee to construction but it will be far lower than in wab, better to add some cost into making rocket parts instead as you might launch rocket part containers, this is nice on Jool system missions where you can make probes and satellites underway and don't need a 600 part ship.

So here's a question: will the price of a fuel tank or SRB update in real time if we tweak out some of the fuel? I assume they'd have to do it that way, but I don't know if the team caught that yet. Also, if we're taking votes as to what to call the currency, my vote is for the Keso. Sounds like a Kerbal version of a peso, and it makes it sound like they pay for stuff in cheese.

So here's a question: will the price of a fuel tank or SRB update in real time if we tweak out some of the fuel? I assume they'd have to do it that way, but I don't know if the team caught that yet.

Yes, Harv made a reference a while back on an update blog that it will likely work that way (cost adjusts as you add or remove fuel). Too lazy to provide link, sorry.

Also, money will be called "Funds".

So here's a question: will the price of a fuel tank or SRB update in real time if we tweak out some of the fuel? I assume they'd have to do it that way, but I don't know if the team caught that yet. Also, if we're taking votes as to what to call the currency, my vote is for the Keso. Sounds like a Kerbal version of a peso, and it makes it sound like they pay for stuff in cheese.

Kesos will always be what I call it.

no, it's muney and minmuney :D

Or you can have an entire money system.

The Moho (M)

The Duna (D) who is 10 M

The Kerbin (K) who is 10 D and 100 M

The Eve (E) with a value of 10 K/100 D/ 1000 M

The Jool (J) with a value of 10 E / 100 K / 1000 D / 1,000 M

So a big rocket could cost 2J4E8K7D1M. Simple... right? :sticktongue:

no, it's muney and minmuney :D

Or you can have an entire money system.

The Moho (M)

The Duna (D) who is 10 M

The Kerbin (K) who is 10 D and 100 M

The Eve (E) with a value of 10 K/100 D/ 1000 M

The Jool (J) with a value of 10 E / 100 K / 1000 D / 1,000 M

So a big rocket could cost 2J4E8K7D1M. Simple... right? :sticktongue:

You should add the moons as well, it'll make it easier to use.

i play exclusively stock, but i may make an exception for a mod that renames them snacks.

What self-respecting space agency would pay their expenses in snacks? Everyone would just eat them and cause them to go bankrupt!