[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [16.1][28.05.2024][Mars Expedition WIP]

Beale

On 4/12/2016 at 2:04 PM, Beale said:

Fuji Beta

Try before you buy!

Let me know of any bugs, suggestions.
The parachute is not yet finished, so remember to pack a spare alternative :wink: 

Hint: you can use "polaris" or "fuji" in the tag search.

50d42f2b1c.jpg

Thanks a lot Beale! Fuji/Polaris is one of my all-time Tantares favorites. Really Great Work.

On 4/13/2016 at 0:57 PM, Beale said:

Imagine you could have one, and only one.

Catch what I am saying? :wink: 

77d8142ca9.jpg

The white one, it seems you can transfer to the orbital module and have the CM view. Also uses a quad noozle engine. Thanks for asking :D

Thank you for the (very expansive) feedback :) 

The Malaysian module can certainly be a simple extension of the standard module.
As that would seem to be the most popular choice, it makes sense to make the standard module and leave the Malaysian as an update somewhere down the road.

Here's a W.I.P.

093a644a79.jpg

35d790e053.jpg

c4cfeec070.jpg

7882bcd28a.jpg

@CobaltWolf The green one looks like someone had some Soyuz assets sitting around on their HDD and they decided to scale them up and shove them on a Fuji CM for shiggles.

Kobayashi up to his old tricks again.

Edited by Beale

26 minutes ago, Beale said:

The Malaysian module can certainly be a simple extension of the standard module.
As that would seem to be the most popular choice, it makes sense to make the standard module and leave the Malaysian as an update somewhere down the road.
Here's a W.I.P.
093a644a79.jpg35d790e053.jpgc4cfeec070.jpg7882bcd28a.jpg
Kobayashi up to his old tricks again.

Love it! Looks great!

• Absolutely needs forward docking window, and the module needs to be controllable from the interior whenever the module gets an IVA.
  • Outside needs some stickers, access panels, or text. It looks very bare. 
  • I would give lots of specularity, and also prepare for new shaders coming in the future. I'd love to see it all shiny.
  • I'm not sure I'm digging the straps on the spherical tanks. I know you've put it there so people can attach solar panels there, but it does look odd for other designs. 
  • Dedicated 45º RCS block would be good.

In this concept here...

Spoiler

MV8Dtqj.jpg

the orbital module is shown to have a bunch of robotic arms, and a bubble-shaped cupola. THAT would be the perfect addition to the module. An cupola IVA where you're right up there in the front, near the docking port. That would be the coolest. I would still do normal flat docking windows on the standard module, but I would consider the bubble-cupola window for an alternate OM variant.

Edit: Also, a reminder to include flag decal setup in unity! 

Edited by curtquarquesso

47 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Could you make one with an 0.9375m forward node, but keep the 0.625m aft node? 

Possibly.
The texture might look a little odd.

d7e3dd9d96.jpg

38 minutes ago, curtquarquesso said:

Love it! Looks great!

• Absolutely needs forward docking window, and the module needs to be controllable from the interior whenever the module gets an IVA.
  • Outside needs some stickers, access panels, or text. It looks very bare. 
  • I would give lots of specularity, and also prepare for new shaders coming in the future. I'd love to see it all shiny.
  • I'm not sure I'm digging the straps on the spherical tanks. I know you've put it there so people can attach solar panels there, but it does look odd for other designs. 
  • Dedicated 45º RCS block would be good.

In this concept here...

the orbital module is shown to have a bunch of robotic arms, and a bubble-shaped cupola. THAT would be the perfect addition to the module. An cupola IVA where you're right up there in the front, near the docking port. That would be the coolest. I would still do normal flat docking windows on the standard module, but I would consider the bubble-cupola window for an alternate OM variant.

Edit: Also, a reminder to include flag decal setup in unity! 

Thanks!
Most of the things you say are fixed / to be fixed. :) 

3ccc591ff2.jpgb2dd4b19e7.jpgedeebb4dba.jpg

Forward docking widow is perfectly possible, but I need to decide where exactly. Dead centre and it feels like the kerbal seat would block the hatch.

For those fuel tanks, I love the straps, but there will be alternatives, in the form of radially attached tanks for free use in many designs.

1826df43e1.jpg

45 degree RCS blocks, not a bad idea!

Cupola would rock, and is a lot more feasible with a bit of advice from @benjee10

And the flag will go to the side of the L-shape of the yellow :wink: 

Edited by Beale

48 minutes ago, Beale said:

[Fuji Photos]

You mean I missed the chance to weigh in on my favorite Tantares pod? ;.;

That's ok though, because it looks like you're going with the module I liked anyway. 

I know it isn't prototypical, but any chance Fuji gets a proper cylindrical fuel tank, I guess kinda like the green one? I never liked the spheres.

3 minutes ago, Starbuckminsterfullerton said:

You mean I missed the chance to weigh in on my favorite Tantares pod? ;.;

That's ok though, because it looks like you're going with the module I liked anyway. 

I know it isn't prototypical, but any chance Fuji gets a proper cylindrical fuel tank, I guess kinda like the green one? I never liked the spheres.

Cylinder fuel tanks, you will have some choice soon. The new Proton tanks show provide a fairly good part to use :) 

By the way.

If you have ever been curious of what a 4K texture involves, it is possible to fit a large chunk of the entire Tantares assets onto a single sheet :wink: 

It's quite revealing, the LK, Cygnus and Venera lander have way too much space allocated to them comparatively.

ddb6353e64.jpg

Playing version 1.1 latest pre-release.  I getting "Rescue Kerbals stranded in orbit" missions that are using the Vostok parts for the stranded Kerbals capsules.  The problem here is that these parts don't have hatches defined so the poor stranded Kerbals can't exit when the lifeboat arrives.  Is this a KSP problem or a Tantares problem?

53 minutes ago, Gristle said:

Playing version 1.1 latest pre-release.  I getting "Rescue Kerbals stranded in orbit" missions that are using the Vostok parts for the stranded Kerbals capsules.  The problem here is that these parts don't have hatches defined so the poor stranded Kerbals can't exit when the lifeboat arrives.  Is this a KSP problem or a Tantares problem?

I think this is a KSP thing. Anything that is command pod and can hold a Kerbal is capable being a target for rescue missions. This can be prevent with a MM patch blacklisting those parts from those missions. Alternatively, you can just de-orbit the part, it's alittle more challenging that way

14 hours ago, davidy12 said:

@Beale Bug with docking compartment in interior view.

Rgsakbo.png

Not sure how that happened... I'll take a look.

8 hours ago, Gristle said:

7 hours ago, akron said:

I think this is a KSP thing. Anything that is command pod and can hold a Kerbal is capable being a target for rescue missions. This can be prevent with a MM patch blacklisting those parts from those missions. Alternatively, you can just de-orbit the part, it's alittle more challenging that way

Huh! I never really considered that.

The Vostok in particular though should have a hatch, just no IVA (Well it will have a placeholder when I push out the update soon:) 

2 hours ago, Beale said:

Not sure how that happened... I'll take a look.

Huh! I never really considered that.

The Vostok in particular though should have a hatch, just no IVA (Well it will have a placeholder when I push out the update soon:) 

The 2 parts I had this happen with were the Vega.Crew.A and Vega.Crew.B.

Hi guys! I have a question: I'm trying to do a basic replica of Zarya and Zvezda, but it seems I'm missing something. I think that in the past I used a unique adapter to link the node and the orbital block. Now I need to use two adapters one on top of the other (if I'm not mistaken and I can't find the right one). We have FIVE adapters for the same size (counting in atv and progress adapters), but I think (and sorry if I'm mistaken) tantares is missing an adapter that could connect node and orbital block. See picture for reference:
http://imgur.com/gallery/XBWZ71h

sorry but imgur tool not working

EDIT: IIRC maybe I was using Curtquarquesso TweakScale configs

Edited by trooperMNG

44 minutes ago, trooperMNG said:

Hi guys! I have a question: I'm trying to do a basic replica of Zarya and Zvezda, but it seems I'm missing something. I think that in the past I used a unique adapter to link the node and the orbital block. Now I need to use two adapters one on top of the other (if I'm not mistaken and I can't find the right one). We have FIVE adapters for the same size (counting in atv and progress adapters), but I think (and sorry if I'm mistaken) tantares is missing an adapter that could connect node and orbital block. See picture for reference:
http://imgur.com/gallery/XBWZ71h

sorry but imgur tool not working

EDIT: IIRC maybe I was using Curtquarquesso TweakScale configs

Yep, it must have been tweakscale, so far no part like that exists (but, it probably should :wink: )

Hey @Beale do you have a Paypal or Patreon I could donate to? I'd like to support your work in a more meaningful way than just liking posts and promoting your mod. If you don't have anything for donations set up I would strongly urge you to do so, and also highly encourage the community here to support this mod monetarily. 

38 minutes ago, OTmikhail said:

Hey @Beale do you have a Paypal or Patreon I could donate to? I'd like to support your work in a more meaningful way than just liking posts and promoting your mod. If you don't have anything for donations set up I would strongly urge you to do so, and also highly encourage the community here to support this mod monetarily. 

I would definitely throw some treasure at Beale to show my appreciation. 

2 hours ago, OTmikhail said:

1 hour ago, Gristle said:

I would definitely throw some treasure at Beale to show my appreciation. 

Much appreciated, but really don't worry about it! :) 
I do the mod for fun, receiving money for it pushes me personally into an unconformable situation (I have no opinion against donations, it's just my feeling).

Edited by Beale

Hello Beale, did you see this thread?

Do your hatches have a box collider set for 1.1?  I love your parts and now Im scared I could not use the pods for EVAs when 1.1 is released :D

Oh and if that poll is still relevant, the EM-001 on the far right appeals most to me, followed by the yellow spherical looking one :D

Thank you for all your work, its much appreciated!

Edited by DaniDE

On 4/14/2016 at 2:59 PM, Beale said:

Cylinder fuel tanks, you will have some choice soon. The new Proton tanks show provide a fairly good part to use :) 

By the way.

If you have ever been curious of what a 4K texture involves, it is possible to fit a large chunk of the entire Tantares assets onto a single sheet :wink: 

Cool! I always liked proton.

Interesting approach to textures, I could never get my .cfgs to reference anything that wasn't in the same directory as the model.  

Ugh whenever someone posts a texture like yours I wish I could just cut bits out of it and use them instead of painting my own crummy color-block ones. 

Is it just me or is LK's star antenna really big even compared tot he other LK parts?