[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [16.1][28.05.2024][Mars Expedition WIP]

Beale

23 minutes ago, Beale said:

Tantares is 10 years old today (yes, really!). What a journey, I thought I'd throw up a few pictures from its development (thanks to those who helped me find these).

46wPzU9.png

Happy 10th Anniversary Beale! 

Btw, did Tantares used to really have Gemini?

3 hours ago, Beale said:

Tantares is 10 years old today (yes, really!). What a journey, I thought I'd throw up a few pictures from its development (thanks to those who helped me find these).

YuVEtgh.pngOKqsl8O.pngXZ5je9u.pngpynvOIm.pngFkorrSA.pngPmCd9Uf.pngOvHmx66.png

mYPf5TI.png46wPzU9.pnge1hGX1T.png4VnSTIO.pngUSpLZPP.pngi2s79km.pngdf3370dfba.jpg

Damn, the old Phobos parts are probably the newest ones there. Nostalgic!

8 hours ago, Beale said:

YuVEtgh.pngOKqsl8O.pngXZ5je9u.pngpynvOIm.pngFkorrSA.pngPmCd9Uf.pngOvHmx66.png

mYPf5TI.png46wPzU9.pnge1hGX1T.png4VnSTIO.pngUSpLZPP.pngi2s79km.pngdf3370dfba.jpg

I need to ask about that Duna craft on the first pic and why Gemini is here all of a sudden. Also your guys' stuff has come a really long way, congrats!

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Blufor878 said:

I need to ask about that Duna craft on the first pic and why Gemini is here all of a sudden. Also your guys' stuff has come a really long way, congrats!

Gemini AND Cygnus. Bottom left is Cygnus. 

Edit: Nvm, I forgot Special Delivery existed for a few. 

Edited by GoldForest

Gemini and Cygnus were part of Tantares in the early days. Later Cygnus was transfered into a separate mod (special delivery) and Gemini was removed when Beale focused on USSR parts, while Bluedog focused on US parts.

12 hours ago, Beale said:

Congratulations Beale - there can't be many mods out there (for any game) still being supported by the same developer after ten years, let alone with new work actively being done on them!

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, AmateurAstronaut1969 said:

Happy TENtares!

UpWPW1R.jpg

Holy cow! What a montage, thanks! That shot of the TKS in particular is really something.

12 hours ago, benjee10 said:

Congratulations Beale - there can't be many mods out there (for any game) still being supported by the same developer after ten years, let alone with new work actively being done on them!

Many thanks! The Endurance mod is not far behind in age :D I'll be there!

16 hours ago, Blufor878 said:

The Duna base was a failed experiment (same with Kliper) - as Cheesecake mentioned yeah, the Gemini was in tantares back when it was a "random parts and stuff" mod. Later when BDB existed, I made a new Gemini and donated it to BDB, while also distributing it standalone in Trails. The BDB gemini has since been revamped into something godly.

Wahahah

0YjUJvV.png

Hr0KhEZ.pngGuScVBy.png

Edited by Beale

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Beale said:

The Duna base was a failed experiment (same with Kliper) 

Perhaps a revisit now that you're more experienced? Mostly for Kliper. I've seen many people want one. And yeah, it is apart of APUS shuttle mod, but having an actual replica inside Tantares would be delightful. 

21 minutes ago, Beale said:

Wahahah

0YjUJvV.png

LK remake? Nice, but didn't you remake it when you did N1 like 2 or 3 updates ago? I guess it has been a few years. Gosh... time flies... 

Edited by GoldForest

42 minutes ago, Beale said:

Holy cow! What a montage, thanks! That shot of the TKS in particular is really something.

Many thanks! The Endurance mod is not far behind in age :D I'll be there!

The Duna base was a failed experiment (same with Kliper) - as Cheesecake mentioned yeah, the Gemini was in tantares back when it was a "random parts and stuff" mod. Later when BDB existed, I made a new Gemini and donated it to BDB, while also distributing it standalone in Trails. The BDB gemini has since been revamped into something godly.

Wahahah

0YjUJvV.png

I LiKe it, all jokes aside does this imply we will be getting a LOK update as well to go with the new Soyuz and LK?

47 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Perhaps a revisit now that you're more experienced? Mostly for Kliper. I've seen many people want one

A Kliper would be incredible, would go well with the new Soyuz revamp parts as you could kitbash it's upgraded launcher

5 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Perhaps a revisit now that you're more experienced? Mostly for Kliper. I've seen many people want one. And yeah, it is apart of APUS shuttle mod, but having an actual replica inside Tantares would be delightful. 

LK remake? Nice, but didn't you remake it when you did N1 like 2 or 3 updates ago? I guess it has been a few years. Gosh... time flies... 

Yes, but in this case "2 or 3 updates ago" is like 4 years :D

4 hours ago, ArgentBlue said:

I LiKe it, all jokes aside does this imply we will be getting a LOK update as well to go with the new Soyuz and LK?

Can't promise any LOK update yet. It's something in the pipeline, but my hyper-fixation is on Lander(s) plural for the time being.

4 hours ago, AmateurAstronaut1969 said:

A Kliper would be incredible, would go well with the new Soyuz revamp parts as you could kitbash it's upgraded launcher

It would be great, I could write cards and cardz of sheets on why I like kliper.

We straight gassin, cutting straight to the bricks. Hah hah.

ArzlT8I.png

53WpJ0D.png

ba3PpkF.png

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, GoldForest said:

@Beale Landers you say? Do Lk-100 is also in the works?

Mmmm, maybe play around with that number a little, and you will get closer. :wink:

There are also some interesting LK-related horrors, but can't promise anything now.

3752cdb5-e834-4d80-8916-bf32ed1010ae_140

Edited by Beale

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Beale said:

Mmmm, maybe play around with that number a little, and you will get closer. :wink:

There are also some interesting LK-related horrors, but can't promise anything now.

3752cdb5-e834-4d80-8916-bf32ed1010ae_140

Lk-700*

My bad. Don't really use it much. I prefer all American rockets and spacecraft. :D

Top left: Soft docking ring landing gear?

Top right: Looks like something ole scifi movies would use.

Bottom right: probe?

Edited by GoldForest

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Lk-700*

My bad. Don't really use it much. I prefer all American rockets and spacecraft. :D

Top left: Soft docking ring landing gear?

Top right: Looks like something ole scifi movies would use.

Bottom right: probe?

bottom right was the demo spacecraft for testing the retro thrusters on earth

f4e2dnB.jpeg

3 hours ago, Beale said:

cards and cardz

cardZ you say... :wink:

Edited by AmateurAstronaut1969

4 hours ago, AmateurAstronaut1969 said:

cardZ you say... :wink:

It's me!

Speaking of me, i'l finally be able to resume work on the R7 parts this next week.

Really sorry for the lack of updates and things, just too much stuff going on. Skies should be clearer in a few days and i'll be able to continue.

24 minutes ago, CardZLol said:

Really sorry for the lack of updates and things, just too much stuff going on

Is okay comrade!  KSP is hobby to enjoy!  Enjoy hobby when work and college and other stuff is taken care of!  Don't forget a warm bowl of borscht!

9 hours ago, Beale said:

Can't promise any LOK update yet. It's something in the pipeline, but my hyper-fixation is on Lander(s) plural for the time being.

Is this just crewed landers or robotic ones as well?

Хороший мод запчастей! Это будет хорошо сочетаться с моей установкой KSP Whirligig World. Большое спасибо, Бил! (I thought that a russian-translated comment fits the theme of this mod, so yeah.)