[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

5i2BXBU.png
VoQH49c.png

BZHEBmp.png

Kosm_46big.jpg There are two common colours for the upper stage, but, I think the darker chess style is a bit more unique?
Kosmos_rocket.jpg You may notice the cylinders on the side of the upper stage, currently thinking what to use these for.

@Beale,

you confuse me with your cosmos parts. The first stage has the coloring of KOSMOS C1/M3 (based on R-14 / SS-5 Skean) but the fairing and the upper stage look as if they are from a KOSMOS B1 (based on R-12 / SS-4 Sandal). I hope you are aware that apart from the name are two totally different rockets?

@popeter45,

the radial tanks on the second stage of KOSMOS C1/M3 holds extra fuel for vernier engines.

1 hour ago, hraban said:

@Beale,

you confuse me with your cosmos parts. The first stage has the coloring of KOSMOS C1/M3 (based on R-14 / SS-5 Skean) but the fairing and the upper stage look as if they are from a KOSMOS B1 (based on R-12 / SS-4 Sandal). I hope you are aware that apart from the name are two totally different rockets?

@popeter45,

the radial tanks on the second stage of KOSMOS C1/M3 holds extra fuel for vernier engines.

Thanks, I think some of the reference images have made the same mistake, and show the R-14 in the R-12 colouring. Myself I had no idea of the R-12 version, missed that.

Try yourself a Google search for Kosmos 3m and see :)

I think in the end, it looks better? I will keep the colouring.

Edited by Beale

18 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

Why should these parts are standalone? They will be part of Tantares LV.

well I was asking, as if they're going to be incorporated at a later date, then I'd like to know so I can hold off on grabbing what I presume is a wip install up there.

@Beale having an odd issue with a launcher I put together.

when I perform a revert to launch, if I hit the m-map key, the nav ball flips from blue to brown. if I do this mid air, nav ball flips and launch stack begins to nose over prepatory to an explosive lawn dart.

reverting to VAB does not cause this.

sans capsule/service module, as I've ruled that out by mounting the capsule/service module to another booster and tested with no issues..

below is the parts list for the proton k launcher, stock configuration, sans CSM parts list.

a-11k booster stage
c/r-d55 decoupler
a-22k rocket motor
a-22p propellant tank
a-33k rocket motor
a-33p propellant tank
lr-5ba fairing base

something about this stack is causing the nav ball to go all wonky after a revert to launch...

Beale,

First - I love the new previews. Seriously - amazing work on that R-7 revamp (especially the prospect of both grey AND green skins, for reasons I mentioned previously) and the Kosmos (been waiting a long time for that one!!)

Second - apropos what a few others have said, please don't stop doing "pack" version releases of Tantares and/or TantaresLV when additions are ready. Its far easier for a lot of us to just download the latest pack than to download the pack, then trawl through the thread for github links etc etc.

14 hours ago, RaiderMan said:

ok..looks like I built it wrong SOMEHOW...I just did a forensic reconstruction..works perfectly, identical assembly and everything.

Let me know any more problems :) 

12 minutes ago, tjsnh said:

Beale,

First - I love the new previews. Seriously - amazing work on that R-7 revamp (especially the prospect of both grey AND green skins, for reasons I mentioned previously) and the Kosmos (been waiting a long time for that one!!)

Second - apropos what a few others have said, please don't stop doing "pack" version releases of Tantares and/or TantaresLV when additions are ready. Its far easier for a lot of us to just download the latest pack than to download the pack, then trawl through the thread for github links etc etc.

No worries my dude, the general Spacedock releases are the standard, GitHub is if you want the most up-to-date as I work on them versions.

I have slowed down drastically in recents months / year - half is due to life circumstances (work/family) and also I think people were hoping for longer release cycles (Really avoiding any breaking changes for a long time now though).

Edited by Beale

Hello  @Beale, I have a question for you, how do you make your own flame.
1. I go to Unity and create an empty GameObject
2. Then I add Particle Emitter to it that comes with PartTools
3. I create a flame, add material, texture, and export as a simple model through PartTools, but when exporting there is not enough texture, it does not go with export and it means that I'm doing something wrong. You can tell me what I'm doing wrong. :/

58 minutes ago, Alcentar said:

3. I create a flame, add material, texture, and export as a simple model through PartTools, but when exporting there is not enough texture, it does not go with export and it means that I'm doing something wrong. You can tell me what I'm doing wrong. :/

This all sounds perfect to me, my only questions:

• Format of the texture?
  • Material settings of the texture? Should be KSP/Particles/Additive or AdditiveSoft
  • Simulate world space is not active.

Hope to help :) 
Only final thing, if you are on a older version of Unity (3.X or some version of 4.X) the particle tools don't work.

Edited by Beale

1 hour ago, Alcentar said:

Can you post some screenshots of what you mean? And what is the format of the texture you're exporting?

29 minutes ago, Beale said:

This all sounds perfect to me, my only questions:

• Format of the texture?
  • Material settings of the texture? Should be KSP/Particles/Additive or AdditiveSoft
  • Simulate world space is not active.

Hope to help :) 
Only final thing, if you are on a older version of Unity (3.X or some version of 4.X) the particle tools don't work.

1. 256x256
2. Yes, it KSP / Particles / Additive
3. I did both, this should not be active?
I tried Unity 4.2.2 and Unity 5.2.4, it does not work. ;.;

10 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Can you post some screenshots of what you mean? And what is the format of the texture you're exporting?

I used all export formats.
I'll try to make screenshots.

2 minutes ago, Alcentar said:

1. 256x256
2. Yes, it KSP / Particles / Additive
3. I did both, this should not be active?
I tried Unity 4.2.2 and Unity 5.2.4, it does not work. ;.;

I used all export formats.
I'll try to make screenshots.

I meant - were you using a DDS as your source file? If so, part tools won't export it, and your particle emissive won't work. That was an issue I ran into making my first particle emissive.

7 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Alright, yeah. If you can post some screenshots of what it looks like in Unity (including the particle component in the inspector window), as well as the cfg for the part, that'd be helpful.

xh2mfy1z6z.png

vs16tnqsqw.png

4yrgkt381h.png

No cfg. I tried this for a long time, but nothing worked and I deleted cfg.