[1.2] USI Survivability Pack (Formerly DERP) [v0.6.0]

RoverDude

You should drop everything in the ZIP file's GameData folder in your own GameData folder, simple as that. Installs like any other mod. And look at the title... this is already 1.0.5

Got it. Thanks RoverDude.

OK, so I am stubbornly pursuing my quest to force TAC-LS upon Umbra.

I am, however, quite baffled by both the stock and modded resources in the Draw Bag completely missing.

// Provisional setting as 3 kerbal-days (matched to Mk 2 pod totals)
@PART[DERP_StowBag]:NEEDS[TACLifeSupport]
{
!RESOURCE[Supplies] {}
RESOURCE
{
name = Food
amount = 1.097
maxAmount = 1.097
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Water
amount = 0.725
maxAmount = 0.725
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Oxygen
amount = 111
maxAmount = 111
}
}

P.S. Advanced editor is glitchng and lagging in IE11. As in, adly missing some o the keyboard inpu gltcing.

Edited by DDE

May have found a problem with the DERP Radial Parachutes. putting a pair of them on in the VAB changes the length of the craft from 2.3m to 22.8m which is greater then the 15m limit for the first level VAB.They are so small, yet make the craft too wide for the VAB.

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong here, but the textures disappear when I put this in your USI folder. I currently have Reactors and Kontainers. Before I put this in the folder, I had textures on Reactors, after USI-S. I get white parts for both Reactors and Survivability while Kontainers still have textures. If this has been addressed, I do apologize for the repeat of an issue that's been addressed, but I haven't used the mods before and there's way to many pages of posts to narrow down to what I need to know in order to fix it. Do I need the entire USI collection in order for just these mod's textures to work?

[quote name='lynwoodm']I'm not sure what I am doing wrong here, but the textures disappear when I put this in your USI folder. I currently have Reactors and Kontainers. Before I put this in the folder, I had textures on Reactors, after USI-S. I get white parts for both Reactors and Survivability while Kontainers still have textures. If this has been addressed, I do apologize for the repeat of an issue that's been addressed, but I haven't used the mods before and there's way to many pages of posts to narrow down to what I need to know in order to fix it. Do I need the entire USI collection in order for just these mod's textures to work?[/QUOTE]

Install issue or mod conflict. The whole collection is not required.

Hey I just installed the latest update and I am getting a cannot find parts USI.Podcapsule and USI.Podengine. I tried uninstalling the mod and reinstalling it. Using CKAN. Currently my game is kinda broken. I have these parts on a spacestation with like half my Kerbals in it. If I let this go, they all go missing because of the invalid parts.

Hi RoverDude,
I just want to thank u for your outstanding work. I'm using the little D.E.R.P. for completing the rescue missions around Kerbin (plus Mun and Minmus), and it's just GREAT.
Keep it up the good work, and thanks again :wink:

- Wulfg4r

[quote name='ScootsMcGoots']Hey I just installed the latest update and I am getting a cannot find parts USI.Podcapsule and USI.Podengine. I tried uninstalling the mod and reinstalling it. Using CKAN. Currently my game is kinda broken. I have these parts on a spacestation with like half my Kerbals in it. If I let this go, they all go missing because of the invalid parts.[/QUOTE]

Install it manually then. Sounds like CKAN is messed up.

[quote name='Wulfg4r']Hi RoverDude,
I just want to thank u for your outstanding work. I'm using the little D.E.R.P. for completing the rescue missions around Kerbin (plus Mun and Minmus), and it's just GREAT.
Keep it up the good work, and thanks again :wink:

- Wulfg4r[/QUOTE]

You're welcome :)

I have some difficulties with Inflatable Floats: I cannot manage to get a little lander (less than 1 t) to float upright into the water. I've tried to lower the center of mass to the line of floaties and below, but it's rolling on its side every time. I've also tried with inline and radial floats. The footprint of the lander is rather small (0.625); maybe i need to get a larger footprint?
Here's some examples:
[URL="http://imgur.com/xlQVXcn"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xlQVXcn.png[/IMG][/URL]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/POOraar.png[/IMG]

I've tested it on Kerbin and Eve.
Thanks again!
- W

Hello, just a quick two questions.

Roverdude, this may sound stupid, but is my Github fork visible to you?

And everyone, am I the only one to have no resources in the DrawBag?

[quote name='RoverDude']Nope, not this version, and will likely need a rework anyway due to 1.0.5[/QUOTE]

Just tested my "buoyancy on deploy" code, and it seems to be working fine on 1.0.5. Didn't see anything in the changelog that should have any impact.

[quote name='Wulfg4r']I have some difficulties with Inflatable Floats: I cannot manage to get a little lander (less than 1 t) to float upright into the water. I've tried to lower the center of mass to the line of floaties and below, but it's rolling on its side every time. I've also tried with inline and radial floats. The footprint of the lander is rather small (0.625); maybe i need to get a larger footprint?
Here's some examples:
[URL="http://imgur.com/xlQVXcn"][url]http://i.imgur.com/xlQVXcn.png[/url][/URL]

[url]http://i.imgur.com/POOraar.png[/url]

I've tested it on Kerbin and Eve.
Thanks again!
- W[/QUOTE]

hrm.. will need to look, bear in mind these floaties are not for floatation collars ;)

[quote name='DDE']Hello, just a quick two questions.

Roverdude, this may sound stupid, but is my Github fork visible to you?

And everyone, am I the only one to have no resources in the DrawBag?[/QUOTE]

Don't know what you mean by drawbag, and Github forks for public repos are visible.

[quote name='drpsacemonkey']Just tested my "buoyancy on deploy" code, and it seems to be working fine on 1.0.5. Didn't see anything in the changelog that should have any impact.[/QUOTE]

Good deal - did you toss a PR yet?

Hello @RoverDude, first want to say how much I appreciate your modding efforts. Really great top quality mods.

With this particular mod I've launched A LOT of sattelites. So cool parts, nice looking and very useful.

I have a tiny suggestion though. I've noticed your parts have 3400K heat tolerance, is there any specific reason for that? May be it's worth tone it down to 2000K? This and add ablator to DERP pod as well... 
(Yep, I like stuff to burn up on reentry ;) )
What do you think? (I realize it's perfectly doable with MM patch, but...)

Hi RoverDude, quick question, I love this mod, but I have noticed a few things that are odd. I found that putting on the raidal monoprop engines will, when I throttle them, it goes into an uncontrollable spin, even with sas on, I have checked, its not a COM problem, or torque offsetting, it odd. Any advice?

Alright, I give up. For some reason I can't replace the code for conventional resources in the Draw Bag - whereas the pod gets manipulated perfectly. Here's my code, consider it PD:

// For reference, 1 kerbal/day = 0.365 F, 0.242 W, 37 O; pod set to contain 15 KDs (=5 sup) and the bag to 75 KD (=25 sup)
// That sounds broken, but matches the Umbra standard.

@PART[DERP_POD]:NEEDS[TACLifeSupport]
{
	!MODULE[ModuleStoredResource,Supplies] {}
        MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleStoredResource
		ResourceName = Food
		Amount = 5.475
	}
	MODULE
	{
		ResourceName = Water
		Amount = 3.63
	}
	MODULE
	{
		ResourceName = Oxygen
		Amount = 555	
}

// The following config does not work.

{
	!RESOURCE[Supplies] {}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Food
		amount = 82.275
		maxAmount = 82.275
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Water
		amount = 54.375
                maxAmount = 54.375
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Oxygen
		amount = 8325	
		maxAmount = 8325
        }
}

1 hour ago, DDE said:

Alright, I give up. For some reason I can't replace the code for conventional resources in the Draw Bag - whereas the pod gets manipulated perfectly. Here's my code, consider it PD:

// For reference, 1 kerbal/day = 0.365 F, 0.242 W, 37 O; pod set to contain 15 KDs (=5 sup) and the bag to 75 KD (=25 sup)
// That sounds broken, but matches the Umbra standard.

@PART[DERP_POD]:NEEDS[TACLifeSupport]
{
	!MODULE[ModuleStoredResource,Supplies] {}
        MODULE
	{
		ResourceName = Food
		Amount = 5.475
	}
	MODULE
	{
		ResourceName = Water
		Amount = 3.63
	}
	MODULE
	{
		ResourceName = Oxygen
		Amount = 555	
}

// The following config does not work.

{
	!RESOURCE[Supplies] {}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Food
		amount = 82.275
		maxAmount = 82.275
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Water
		amount = 54.375
                maxAmount = 54.375
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Oxygen
		amount = 8325	
		maxAmount = 8325
        }
}

What does it show when you look at the modified config file in debug?

{
	@RESOURCE[Supplies] // Change Supplies into Food.
	{
		@name = Food
		@amount = 82.275
		@maxAmount = 82.275
	}
	RESOURCE // Add Water
	{
		name = Water
		amount = 54.375
		maxAmount = 54.375
	}
	RESOURCE // Add Oxygen
	{
		name = Oxygen
		amount = 8325	
		maxAmount = 8325
    }
}

Care to try the above?

BTW, your first config is missing a closing brace. Could be that causes the next bit not to be processed.

Edited by Snarfster

On 12/11/2015, 12:35:32, Spaceboy720 said:

Hi RoverDude, quick question, I love this mod, but I have noticed a few things that are odd. I found that putting on the raidal monoprop engines will, when I throttle them, it goes into an uncontrollable spin, even with sas on, I have checked, its not a COM problem, or torque offsetting, it odd. Any advice?

Pic of the ship please?

On ‎17‎.‎12‎.‎2015‎ ‎21‎:‎47‎:‎37, Snarfster said:

What does it show when you look at the modified config file in debug?

{
	@RESOURCE[Supplies] // Change Supplies into Food.
	{
		@name = Food
		@amount = 82.275
		@maxAmount = 82.275
	}
	RESOURCE // Add Water
	{
		name = Water
		amount = 54.375
		maxAmount = 54.375
	}
	RESOURCE // Add Oxygen
	{
		name = Oxygen
		amount = 8325	
		maxAmount = 8325
    }
}

Care to try the above?

BTW, your first config is missing a closing brace. Could be that causes the next bit not to be processed.

Yep. Now it works. Thanks, will upload to GitHub and send final pull request.

Moving over to pestering RoverDude in the MKS thread. I now have a working conversion spreadsheet and a scheme to correctly rewrite the Firespitter config.

3 minutes ago, DDE said:

Yep. Now it works. Thanks, will upload to GitHub and send final pull request.

Moving over to pestering RoverDude in the MKS thread. I now have a working conversion spreadsheet and a scheme to correctly rewrite the Firespitter config.

I'm guessing Roverdude doesn't consider pull requests pestering.