[1.x+] Community Resource Pack

RoverDude

@ShotgunNinja without a resource present even the loading screen will break, IIRC, but IMO that is better than having local fallbacks. Yes, tonnes/L is a reasonable assumption, though invalid for stock resources. If density is not specified then something is very, very wrong.

@NathanKell, @RoverDude I released an updated version of Kerbalism that use CRP values for Food and Oxygen. I got rid of Waste altogheter. I'm still defining Food and Water in this version (with identical values to CRP) to ease the transition, as the alternative would have made Kerbalism impossible to install by CKAN (as it would have required CRP, while at the same time CRP is flagging it as a conflict). The plan is to remove the Food/Oxygen definitions and flag CRP as a dependency starting from the next version, 0.9.9.6.

Edited by ShotgunNinja

0.5.2 - 2016.05.14
------------------
Added Volume and reverted UF4 and ThF4 to original KSPI density & cost
Added Volume property to other resources used by KSPI
Added default volume to other CRP resources

On 1-5-2016 at 11:32 PM, NathanKell said:

@ShotgunNinja Ohh! Looks like the default for volume in KSP is 5, so alas no.

What about etherical resources like ElectricCharge and Wasteheat. Should their volume be defined as 0. Or would that cause divide by 0 errors?

Edited by FreeThinker

Just downloaded it and now I have a lot of new resources in the scanner, but when I switch from surface > ocean > Atmos the respective resources in their realm just keep adding I was expecting to see in sruface only surface resource and so on , also I have a double XenonGas resource listed, ah and also the cuttoff work a little different from stock, at 70% for example ore on the mun is the maximum concentration while with crp I can go up to 90% without any change in the overlay , is this changed from stock also? and how is it calculated?

SfiiahH.png

Edited by brusura

Many atmosphere contain Nitrogen Dioxide, for some almost completely like Titan, Triton and Pluto. I propose we add it as a resource. At least I want to be able to add it to KSPI-E atmosphere definition file to accurately represent the moons atmosphere. The Gas can then be decomposed into Nitrogen and Oxygen. It's also an important gas in many ISRU chemical reactions.

Edit: forget about Nitrogen Dioxide, I was misinformed

Edited by FreeThinker

6 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Many atmosphere contain Nitrogen Dioxide, for some almost completely like Titan, Triton and Pluto. I propose we add it as a resource. At least I want to be able to add it to KSPI-E atmosphere definition file to accurately represent the moons atmosphere. The Gas can then be decomposed into Nitrogen and Oxygen. It's also an important gas in many ISRU chemical reactions

I think you mean nitrogen? I'm not aware of any real or theoretical atmosphere where NO2 is a major constituent.

• 3 weeks later...

@RoverDude how do i get my mods to play CRP. Ie. They all define their own resources now. But I'd like to add them into the CRP mix instead. Can I add resources like "Glykerol" - the magical substance my DeepFreeze mod uses to freeze Kerbals. And so on? What's the process? 

14 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

@RoverDude how do i get my mods to play CRP. Ie. They all define their own resources now. But I'd like to add them into the CRP mix instead. Can I add resources like "Glykerol" - the magical substance my DeepFreeze mod uses to freeze Kerbals. And so on? What's the process? 

I'm not @Roverdude, but that won't stop my response anyhow :sticktongue:

You can utilize CRP for any resources it may contain.  Include it and utilize their definitions.  There isn't any need to add something like your "Glykerol" to CRP and it probably wouldn't be appropriate.

The main goal of CRP is to help in cases where mods use the same resources so they don't stomp on each other.  For example back in the day, you had 3 mods, MKS, TAC-LS, and Interstellar, which all used "water".  But each mods "water" was defined separately so if you went to mine "Water" on say the Mun, you got three different water resources, none of which were compatible with each other.

That being said, there isn't a need to put in one off "magical" resources that aren't used across multiple mods.  You can utilized both CRP and non CRP resources at the same time.

5 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

I'm not @Roverdude, but that won't stop my response anyhow :sticktongue:

You can utilize CRP for any resources it may contain.  Include it and utilize their definitions.  There isn't any need to add something like your "Glykerol" to CRP and it probably wouldn't be appropriate.

The main goal of CRP is to help in cases where mods use the same resources so they don't stomp on each other.  For example back in the day, you had 3 mods, MKS, TAC-LS, and Interstellar, which all used "water".  But each mods "water" was defined separately so if you went to mine "Water" on say the Mun, you got three different water resources, none of which were compatible with each other.

That being said, there isn't a need to put in one off "magical" resources that aren't used across multiple mods.  You can utilized both CRP and non CRP resources at the same time.

Thank you for your input. and I know how resources work. I was asking @RoverDude if CRP entertains the idea of other resources. My "Glykerol" is a bad example I know, but still worth asking given what the purpose of CRP is, another mod probably wouldn't use it. The one I am really interested in seeing in CRP is my "ReservePower" resource that my AmpYear mod defines. But yes I know there is a "StoredCharge" that NFT uses that is almost if not the same that CRP does have defined. It was just an idea I had given I've had several incidents where a user removes my AmpYear mod and the resource disappears. There are many stock bugs that appear that don't like it when a resource disappears from a save game. Anyway, let's see what @RoverDude has to say. Probably the right answer is, I can look to change my AmpYear mod to use the already defined "StoredCharge" resource in CRP (and that's a fair bit of work, and game broken for existing saves), or I just leave things the way they are.

Generally our preference is for mods who hop on board to compromise and take on the CRP equivalents (it's what makes the whole thing work).  And we also prefer to see resources used across more than one mod before adding them.

And yeah, the right answer is to switch to a CRP resource - a lot of us went through save breaks (Kerbalism recently went through this as well), but the final interop is pretty nice

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.