[11/26/15 Update] Say Hello to the Light-Green Group!

Endersmens

Don't count yourself out. I got here in a year or two by doing... absolutely nothing, as far as I can tell. I guess I'm proof that you don't need to be a space expert or a genius writer to get to the Light-Green Group. You just have to wait them out :P

Over my first several months on the Forum, I got very little +Rep. And then, things just seemed to snowball. I think it took more time to get to two bars of +Rep than it did to get from two bars to six light-green bars for me.

In other words, if you have two bars of +Rep, you may already be more than halfway there.

Just keep posting, and soon you may attract the attention of some well-known Forum-goers, who you become friends with... and then, all of a sudden, you're a well-known Forum-goer too. Simple as that. :)

-Upsilon

Over my first several months on the Forum, I got very little +Rep. And then, things just seemed to snowball. I think it took more time to get to two bars of +Rep than it did to get from two bars to six light-green bars for me.

In other words, if you have two bars of +Rep, you may already be more than halfway there.

Just keep posting, and soon you may attract the attention of some well-known Forum-goers, who you become friends with... and then, all of a sudden, you're a well-known Forum-goer too. Simple as that. :)

-Upsilon

It's pretty much the same thing as gas giant formation.

Is it just me, or does it always seem like the first points towards the next level come rather quickly, while the last seem to take forever?

The fact that I went up a bar surprised me, actually.

Incidentally, I've just noticed that the description wrongly describes me as the "Conductor". I am in fact the Driver.

At the risk of being labeled a heretic, I would state that the actions of the entire community drive the HypeTrain and dictate its journey to the final destination of HypeTown.

You, however, regulate who gets on the HypeTrain, as well as making sure that the train is running smoothly and on schedule. This is the job of the conductor of the HypeTrain.

So yes, there was some thought that went into me calling you the 'Conductor.' If you still wish for me to call you the 'Driver,' however, I will respect your decision.

-Upsilon

At the risk of being labeled a heretic, I would state that the actions of the entire community drive the HypeTrain and dictate its journey to the final destination of HypeTown.

You, however, regulate who gets on the HypeTrain, as well as making sure that the train is running smoothly and on schedule. This is the job of the conductor of the HypeTrain.

So yes, there was some thought that went into me calling you the 'Conductor.' If you still wish for me to call you the 'Driver,' however, I will respect your decision.

-Upsilon

Oh, maybe in the next update of the list you can add me too, lol. :)

I am the only driver which drives for Kerbal Space Program. Other drivers on the railway, but I'm the only one who does KSP routes.

Except that you only created the 0.90 HypeTrain thread. KvickFlygarn87 drove .23.5 and .24, Rowsdower drove 0.25, and you drove 0.90.

Why am I no longer "a clever poster" but still "ambient occlusion baker"? Just wondering. Did I do something really stupid?
You're still described as an "excellent poster", I wouldn't read too much into it.

I sneakily added in the "excellent poster" right after you commented, Cpt. Kipard. You didn't do anything stupid, at least as far as I'm aware of. Sorry for omitting that statement earlier. :)

Also, I'll definitely include you the next time I update the Group, Niemand303!

Oh, and by the way! The Light-Green Group is now linked on my signature, which was long overdue. Now, people from all sections of the Forum can be directed to everyone's favorite* very comprehensive list with a single click of a button!

*...well, at the very least, I'm sure it's someone's favorite list. It's certainly the longest and most comprehensive list that I've ever made, anyway.

-Upsilon

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.