[1.1.2] Realism Overhaul v11.0.0 May 8

Felger

6 hours ago, NathanKell said:

COmNjs6l.png

#HypeCaravel

Or in this case, 4-engine-version-of-Energia.

That's absolutely unfair. Like eating tacos in front of hungry Jebediah.

8 hours ago, NathanKell said:

@nilof it's a simple modulemanager patch that gives stock (and lightly modded) parts realistic sizes, mass ratios, volumes, thrusts, etc. It's if you want RO performance parts without RO's complexity.

and it is here: you need a working version of MM for it to work, of course:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/blob/master/ROMini.cfg

1 hour ago, Uace24 said:

When is the 1.1 update coming out?

"SoonTM"

14 minutes ago, SpaceEnthusiast said:

Is it normal to have very long loading times when you click that "Launch" button? For larger ships, it takes up to 20 minutes.

Do you also use Procedural Parts? There is a known problem where if a craft includes a lot of them it will take an exceptionally long time for it to load.

45 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

Do you also use Procedural Parts?

I do. Will delete this right away and see if it's resolved. Thanks for the suggestion!

Edit: works perfectly. Thank you very much.

Edited by SpaceEnthusiast

12 hours ago, NathanKell said:

@nilof [ ROMini is ] a simple modulemanager patch that gives stock (and lightly modded) parts realistic sizes, mass ratios, volumes, thrusts, etc. It's if you want RO performance parts without RO's complexity.

3 hours ago, stratochief66 said:

and it is here: you need a working version of MM for it to work, of course:

How does ROMini compare with SMURFF's adjustments?

im at work at the moment, but i checked this out at the other day - i thought i remembered that the ROmini config required RO for most of the tweaks to work ":need[RealismOverhaul]" am i remembering that right - do i download the 1.0.5 version then drop this config in? - that confused me a bit when i saw it in the config

@Phineas Freak thanks, yeah i'm very familiar with mm configs - was the ":need" line actually a not need line (github is blocked here so i cant look) - can you copy and paste one of the lines for me - this is going to now bother me until i can see it, and i'd rather not dwell on it for my 1:30min commute home...  haha!

Edited by skbernard

So which one?

or

which points to
https://www.dropbox.com/s/id75g3a7sxli4ol/ROMiniFork_0.1.zip?dl=0

I got huge :lol: problems with RSB.
When I comment out everything related to mass and scale, a Saturn V up to the control element (without payload) is still too big (~130m to ~80m) and too heavy (~30,000t to ~3000t).

And btw, does it mean either SMURFF or ROMini or can they stitch together?

On 03/05/2016 at 1:32 PM, SpaceEnthusiast said:

I do. Will delete this right away and see if it's resolved. Thanks for the suggestion!

Edit: works perfectly. Thank you very much.

I will never be able to bring myself to uninstall procedural parts. Even if I'll have to wait overnight to launch a ship.

39 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

I will never be able to bring myself to uninstall procedural parts. Even if I'll have to wait overnight to launch a ship.

Agreed. I also have shape resizer which lets me resize stock fins etc. It might also work with the stock tanks in which case you could use it instead of procedural parts, however the stock weights are unlikely to be correct once you resize them as I'm not sure what kind of multiplier they use.

4 hours ago, NathanKell said:

I did fix the PP issue, guys, you don't have to worry...

Darn, that's awesome! Can you tell us what the issue was?

I always wondered if it was just a side-effect  with the way fuel was handled. Large hydrogen tanks (with fuel numbers in the millions or so) seemed to be especially slow.