[WIP] TweakScale - Development Thread

pellinor

This doesn't seem right at all:confused:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Tanks are scaled down in the image.

Edit: When everything is scaled up from the original scale it seems to work fine but the moment i start scaling down accordingly from stock, point of mass just goes crazy.

Using the latest devpost release.

Also could you take a look at 2.5m to mk2 adapter and C7 Brand Adapter scaling? C7 is my favorite adapter lately it gets used in literally every plane and rocket design.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As i stated before drag with scaled parts seemed off but op gave me a good explanation why it feels like that and that it is how it should be. I still couldn't help but feel there was something wrong and decided to conduct a test to see if thats the case.

Here is the test:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Rockets are identical. Only the engine changes. Left one using a scaled Mamooth and the right one using stock spark engine. Mamooth scaled to have the same twr as the stock spark. Mamooth actually weighs less while scaled to give the same twr of spark engine but this is no suprise. Mamooth has the best twr/mass ratio compared to other engines so no problem there. Going by this the rocket with the scaled Mamooth installed should be faster than the spark one since it is lighter. As you can see from the pictures the drag is so bad for the mamooth that it can't even pick up speed. The spark rocket got so fast that the distance between the two rockets got up to 22km and the mamooth one disappeared. Before mamooth rocket disappeared it only managed to reach about 50m/s while using half its fuel... Seems i was right about something being wrong about drag scaling.

Edited by n0xiety

Dev update:

* stock c7-adapters

* NF-Solar parts (scaling of power output for curved panels does not work yet)

I'm using the issue system of github now, please comment either here or there if you have any ideas about the open issues:

https://github.com/pellinor0/TweakScale/issues

Edited by pellinor

Hi Pellinor, first of all thanks for this great tool!!

Sorry if this is has been reported before but I can't find it. The scaling multiplier config is not working, instead of scaling by that number and adding the "scaleNames" property, it makes those number the scale in meters, for example:

for this config:

MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
scaleFactors = 1, 1.5
scaleNames = 2.50m, 3.75m
techRequired = advConstruction, veryHeavyRocketry
}

in game it shows:

t08xTCj.jpg

therefore the part is wrongly scaled.

I'm on version 2.1.0.1

Thanks a lot!!

Sorry if this is has been reported before but I can't find it. The scaling multiplier config is not working, instead of scaling by that number and adding the "scaleNames" property, it makes those number the scale in meters, for example:

MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
scaleFactors = 1, 1.5
scaleNames = 2.50m, 3.75m
}

You take the stack scaletype (defined in DefaultScales.cfg) and override some of its values. This is what you end up with:

freeScale = true // allow intermediate scales
// (the space between the arrows becomes a slider)
defaultScale = 1.25 // consider the original part as scale 1.25
suffix = m
scaleFactors = 1, 1.5 // 4/5 and 6/5 of the original scale
scaleNames = 2.50m, 3.75m // not applicable when freeScale=true
// (it will show scale+suffix instead)

So I'd say it works as intended. You probably want "scaleFactors = 2.5, 3.75" and the "defaultScale=(stack size of the unscaled part)".

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is probably super unhelpful feedback for you, but I was using the latest dev version for a while now and I have not noticed anything that was throwing off my KSP experience. I scaled engines too and everything seemed fine.

Hi Pellinor, updated the Near Future config file for you:

-Fixed all NF Propulsion stack and radial fuel tank entries, added missing ones

-Fixed the MX-L Reactor entry

-Added MX-2 Reactor entry

-Added 0.625m VASIMR

-Added IX 8219 ION After Thruster

-Added LF-9 'Colossus' Magnetoplasmadynamic Engine

-Added KX-XK 'Repulsor' Pulsed Inductive Thruster

-Added the three NF Spacecraft orbital engines (LV-T95, LV-T95-8, LV-T18)

-Added NF Spacecraft service fuel tanks

-Added NF Spacecraft shielded landing leg

Here is the CFG: Dropbox

Edited by DaniDE

Hi Pellinor, updated the Near Future config file for you:

-Fixed all NF Propulsion stack and radial fuel tank entries, added missing ones

-Fixed the MX-L Reactor entry

-Added MX-2 Reactor entry

-Added 0.625m VASIMR

-Added IX 8219 ION After Thruster

-Added LF-9 'Colossus' Magnetoplasmadynamic Engine

-Added KX-XK 'Repulsor' Pulsed Inductive Thruster

-Added the three NF Spacecraft orbital engines (LV-T95, LV-T95-8, LV-T18)

-Added NF Spacecraft service fuel tanks

-Added NF Spacecraft shielded landing leg

Here is the CFG: Dropbox

Thanks! Included in the dev version.

So, let say I made a software and sell it only to 5 customers. Not so likely that this software will be well known worldwide.

Those customers pay a good money for it, would be in my interest to put virus in my own software I just compiled ?

That WSReputation.1 "virus" is nothing than extortion attempt from antivirus companies.

Any kind of software I create I have to report to antivirus company so their antivirus software does not mark it as virus ?

Even it is "free" to send such report to them, it is time consuming and tedious to do for each developer. And who say that it will be free of charge forever ?

That reminds me of selfsigned certificates for SSH/SSL connections.

Each browser complain about it, forcing you to give a fee to someone just for random sequence of characters. Fortunately I use those only for personal use, not worldwide for customers.

My advice - change antivirus software, it will be pay off on the long run.

• 1 month later...

QUOTEarrow-10x10.png=pellinor;1740767]See also the release thread!

TweakScale was originally developed by Goodspeed and Biotronic. [original release thread]

TweakScale uses Swamp-Ig's KSPAPIExtensions.

This work started as a fork to make a feature I wanted for a long time, comfortable free scaling for everything. Since Biotronic has no more time to support the mod, this has also grown into a maintainence thread for TweakScale.

Source: Github

License: WTFPL

Downloadarrow-10x10.png

Latest dev version (WIP)

Stable Version

Change Log

[spoiler=]

== since v2.2.1 ==

* updatearrow-10x10.png of NFT patches

ToDo / Ideas

• see the issues on GitHub
  • remove the new Tweakable now it is part of KAE
  • Sort out interference with tweakable everything
  • Support for D12Aerospace
  • subassembly-scaling, a config file for setting of hotkeys
  • how to keep the right click menu from wandering while dragging the scaling slider?

[ QUOTEarrow-10x10.png]

I tried to install it and now it is not showing up like it used to be. it doesnt show the Tweak scale thing and all my old TweakScale stuff i cant use.

... :huh:

Just sayin', but the downloads have a viruses.

The virus is called WSReputation.1

"WS.Reputation.1 is a detection for files that have a low reputation score based on analyzing data from Symantec’s community of users and therefore are likely to be security risks. Detections of this type are based on Symantec’s reputation-based security technology. Because this detection is based on a reputation score, it does not represent a specific class of threat like adware or spyware, but instead applies to all threat categories. The reputation-based system uses "the wisdom of crowds" (Symantec’s tens of millions of end users) connected to cloud-based intelligence to compute a reputation score for an application, and in the process identify malicious software in an entirely new way beyond traditional signatures and behavior-based detection techniques."

In other words... It's flagged because the file dared to be something that wasn't submitted to them... Like MOST code of this nature. It's a false positive flag, and nothing more than overzealous software flagging anything that it doesn't know. If you wrote some original code, it might flag it too!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pellinor

I wrote some Tweakscale cfg files for some mods i was interested in and that are not in the Tweakscale release:

AtomicAge

MarkIVSystem

MK2Expansion

MK3HypersonicSystems

OPT

I only included the items i as interested in.

So far, they are working for me on 1.0.4 and it's great!

Are you interested I send it to you by mail so that you can check it and make a complete release?

hi,

I like this feature, but I think its abit overpowered to use it in carreer mode. but some mods like infernal robotics assume, that it is installed.

I think the idea of infernal robotics part not to give 100 different sized parts but use tweakscale is a very good idea, but i do not like to be able to scale all parts.

So I can either have bad-scaled robotics parts. Or everything is scaleable.

Or is there a way to only make some parts scaleable?

Hi Pellinor

I wrote some Tweakscale cfg files for some mods i was interested in and that are not in the Tweakscale release:

AtomicAge

MarkIVSystem

MK2Expansion

MK3HypersonicSystems

OPT

I only included the items i as interested in.

So far, they are working for me on 1.0.4 and it's great!

Are you interested I send it to you by mail so that you can check it and make a complete release?

Contact the authors of those add-ons, and ask them if they want to bundle your configs into their add-ons. TweakScale configs can either be packaged in the TweakScale file, or they can be packaged in the add-on itself with all the other MM patches. If they add your config to their mod, notify @pellinor so he can add it to the list of supported add-ons.

IMPORTANT: If you make the config, it's your responsibility to maintain it and proved tech support for it. Make sure to intercept any TweakScale related questions that get directed at the mod-authors. Don't make work for them if you understand what I mean.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.