[WIP] TweakScale - Development Thread

pellinor

Update: v2.2.6

* Support for NF-Construction
* update for NFT Octo-Girders
* fix for infinite loop between TweakScale and MFT
* fix for engineer's report mass display

I'm still not quite up to date with 1.0.5 (cutting down my computer time due to wrist issues). So if there's more to do please complain. (Or even better, propose a solution if you found one)

3 hours ago, gilflo said:

Still having problems with the quantity indicated on stock tanks when I tweak scale them, quantity won't change, while it works well for other mods!

Tweakscale 2.2.6 and KSP 1.0.5

Still using MFT? Then this is most likely the culprit.

Hello to all, 

Thanks for this great mod.  Man how it helps.

I have had qwirks with it and below is a post from my ksp.log file showing an 'error' that I have chased, but never found out what the problem is...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

[LOG 01:04:35.439] TestManager: Adding unit test: KineTechAnimationModuleLoader
[ERR 01:04:35.588] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'TweakScale_ModularFuelTanks': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'modularFuelTanks, Version=5.1.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'modularFuelTanks, Version=5.1.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

[LOG 01:04:35.607] VesselModules: Found VesselModule of type FlightIntegrator with order 0
[LOG 01:04:35.612] VesselModules: Found 1 VesselModule types

Thanks,

DrtedAstro.

TweakScale_ModularFuelTanks is part of MFT, but does not appear in the current version. This is probably a remnant of an older version that was not removed cleanly. Issues like this are typical if you copy a new version over an older one without deleting the old folder first. It might also be in the TweakScale directory, I think some older versions of MFT used to put it there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SQUAD said:
tumblr_inline_o3dpn3pWYl1rr2wit_540.jpg

He also fixed rescaleFactor and MODEL nodes, so non-1.0 rescaleFactors are safe.

That's the best news I have heard for a long time. My hopes are up that this includes the root part bug that cost this mod so much of its reputation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 22.3.2016 at 0:43 AM, pellinor said:

A quick word on the opt-in prerelease: I don't have steam access so an update will have to wait until the full release. If anyone gets a recompile to work, feel free to share it here.

AFAIK you can change your KSP subscription to Steam via ksp store at anytime?!

On 3/31/2016 at 3:58 PM, Arget said:

AFAIK you can change your KSP subscription to Steam via ksp store at anytime?!

Nope. That's only for people who bought it on the KSP store before it was released on Steam.

On 3/23/2016 at 7:43 PM, pellinor said:

A quick word on the opt-in prerelease: I don't have steam access so an update will have to wait until the full release. If anyone gets a recompile to work, feel free to share it here.

You COULD rebuy KSP on Steam, but that would be a waste of money JUST to update a mod. Thank you for telling us though. You should probably post that on the main thread as well.

Edited by FireFaced

15 hours ago, emerald said:

https://github.com/emerald79/TweakScale

Some adaptions for KSP 1.1, TweakScale dll seems to work, not sure about the required changes for non freescale scaling (node scaling), since KSPAPIExt is no longer.

Nice! Thanks for helping out.

Discrete scaling is currently not used by the default config. You could test it by setting "freescale=false" in one of the ScaleTypes in DefaultScales.cfg. The only change I am aware of is that the UI_ChooseOption tweakable now comes from KSP instead if KSPApiExt.

Other than that I'd expect a few changes in ScaleExponents.cfg where values have moved to a new partModule, or new properties have been created. So keep an eye open for parts whose scaled behavior is not right.

Can anyone confirm if the root-part bug is gone?

What's the root-part bug? I could check

5 minutes ago, FireFaced said:

If the root part for a vessel has a non 1 rescaleFactor specified in it's part config, it'll seem fine initially however after reloading with the vessel the scale of the part will be off (treated as 1, instead of whatever it should be)

That's my memory of it anyway?

16 hours ago, FireFaced said:

* build a craft with a scaled root part (for example a single scaled mk1 pod)
* launch
* revert to launch (root part should NOT revert its scale to the default)
* change camera mode (hotkey "v") a few times (should NOT zoom out excessively and ultimately crash the game)

On April 8, 2016 at 0:29 PM, davidy12 said:

@pellinor: I think you should revise the Tantares Tweakscale configs.

I currently am writing and maintaining the configs for TweakScale. If @pellinor likes, I can send what I have done. I've been holding off on updating them until Beale releases as new version of Tantares.

Edited by curtquarquesso

22 minutes ago, curtquarquesso said:

I currently am writing and maintaining the configs for TweakScale. If @pellinor likes, I can send what I have done. I've been holding off on updating them until Beale releases as new version of Tantares.

Sure, help is always appreciated! You probably know best when your configs are ready for release. There probably will be a release with the most obvious fixes shortly after 1.1, and more to follow later when things get stable.

Do you mean that you don't own KSP on Steam or that you can't use Steam for some other reason? If its the former, I'd be perfectly willing to gift you a copy on Steam. Just to be clear, I don't expect you to rush out a 1.1 version. I just find your mod really useful and if Squad continues to do Steam only prereleases for new versions in the future, I think it would come in handy. 

20 hours ago, umaxtu said:

Do you mean that you don't own KSP on Steam or that you can't use Steam for some other reason? If its the former, I'd be perfectly willing to gift you a copy on Steam. Just to be clear, I don't expect you to rush out a 1.1 version. I just find your mod really useful and if Squad continues to do Steam only prereleases for new versions in the future, I think it would come in handy. 

i dont have anything to add here, just wanted to say its nice to see a nice guy show up and spread some good karma like that.

On 14.4.2016 at 8:30 PM, umaxtu said:

Wow, this is very generous! Actually I'm not that pressed to get the prerelease in my hands, since a working recompile has already appeared and I have enough other things keeping me busy at the moment.

And for the future, if Squad plan to do more prereleases like this, I am quite confident that they will get their patcher to work so the store can efficiently distribute small updates.

Still many thanks for the appreciation! Posts like this are rare and help a lot for not burning out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.