Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 18--He's a docking wizard! (there had to be a twist?)

Mister Dilsby

3 hours ago, SR said:

Is it really a contract from Rockomax??
If its from the Kerbulans, How have they manipulated the contracts, and why does it say rescue, the Kerbulans would probably say capture?

My guess is it's a legit contract... but my question is how did he get all the way out there?  :huh:

Edited by Just Jim

I rep you for this one solely for the title. :D

Anyway-

What could these numbers mean?

It means that @Kuzzter will get 4746.6487676 funds from this.

How many seats did you say there were again?

3 hours ago, SR said:

Is it really a contract from Rockomax??
If its from the Kerbulans, How have they manipulated the contracts, and why does it say rescue, the Kerbulans would probably say capture?

I'm gonna go with "It's real, and Kuzzter is adding it into the storyline" for 500, Alex.

3 hours ago, SR said:

I'm not saying they did, and I'm not saying they didn't. However, 

Spoiler

HAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

3 hours ago, Just Jim said:

My guess is it's a legit contract... but my question is how did he get all the way out there?  :huh:

Whether it's a "legit" contract or not, I think we've all seen rescue contracts come up for places where agencies have no right to be. How do these clowns get into Kerbin orbit, much less other planets and moons? And we've never seen an intact craft from any of them! It's one of the great unsolved mysteries of KSP :D 

17 minutes ago, SR said:

surely its too much coincidence to be a real contract.

The Admiral doesn't generally get involved with financials, so no probably she doesn't even know about the contract yet. :wink: 

Edited by Kuzzter

6 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

The Admiral doesn't generally get involved with financials, so no probably she doesn't even know about the contract yet. :wink: 

Admiral! We've just gotten a contract at Laythe!

At Laythe? What is it?

It's the innermost of Jool's moons, but that's not important right now.

Thanks Kuzzter!

Very interesting stuff.

For those who believe that this is a legit contract I must inform you that is NOT the case.  I perform a lot of rescue missions and even the most difficult did not come close to that payout.

There is no question (and the author has confirmed) that the Kerbulans have hacked the contract system somehow.

This would appear to be the perfect way to lure the Intrepid to it's doom!  And all the Kerbulans have to do is sit and wait for the Intrepid (or one of the support craft) to rendezvous.

Happy Concerned Worried Nervous Anxious Agitated Scared Frightened Alarmed landings!

3 hours ago, Just Jim said:

24 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Whether it's a "legit" contract or not, I think we've all seen rescue contracts come up for places where agencies have no right to be. How do these clowns get into Kerbin orbit, much less other planets and moons? And we've never seen an intact craft from any of them! It's one of the great unsolved mysteries of KSP :D 

No, you misunderstand... I mean I'm curious to see how he got there in the story... :D

5 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

For those who believe that this is a legit contract I must inform you that is NOT the case.  I perform a lot of rescue missions and even the most difficult did not come close to that payout.

^Well, I'm listening to THIS guy--remember, before he was a Moderator, he was a Rescuer! :D  And I bet he's also reviewed the beginning of Chapter 16...possibly even the last Interlude...

40 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

How do these clowns get into Kerbin orbit, much less other planets and moons? And we've never seen an intact craft from any of them! It's one of the great unsolved mysteries of KSP :D 

It's "the question" that kerbal parents everywhere never expect to get and never know how to answer. How on Kerbin do you explain it to such a young and inexperienced little [spore|hatchling|kindren]?

"How do kerbals get to space?"

Just now, Cydonian Monk said:

It's "the question" that kerbal parents everywhere never expect to get and never know how to answer. How on Kerbin do you explain it to such a young and inexperienced little [spore|hatchling|kindren]?

The great question, the one that Haloly asks in Ad Lunam!!

1 hour ago, Starhawk said:

Was that the one with a trip to the sun? I read that, it was great.

1 hour ago, Starhawk said:

There is no question (and the author has confirmed) that the Kerbulans have hacked the contract system somehow.

Where? Besides below you, of course.

12 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Was that the one with a trip to the sun? I read that, it was great.

Thanks Dman979!  That one was a significant engineering challenge, but I think the most difficult I've completed so far is rescuing a Kerbal and her debris from the surface of Vall.  I've recently sent 5 Kerbals down to the surface of Eve to rescue one.  And for science.  But I begin to wander too far from the topic at hand.

12 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Where? Besides below you, of course.

I believe the spoiler in this post is confirmation.

Happy landings!

1 hour ago, Deddly said:

"Neelik Kerman", eh? Riiiight....

A synonym for Kenlie...

1 hour ago, Deddly said:

Another thought that hit me, apart from the suspicious first name, how do the Kerbulans know that the others are all Kerman?

Lisa's last name is Kerman, too. And based on their own society, they can extrapolate out.

10 hours ago, Cydonian Monk said:

The stork brings them an air-launched rocket. Easy!

8 hours ago, Deddly said:

"Neelik Kerman", eh? Riiiight....

Indeed.

VBRwT1Y.png

8 hours ago, Deddly said:

Another thought that hit me, apart from the suspicious first name, how do the Kerbulans know that the others are all Kerman?

Canonically, they don't...Wernher didn't think to call himself "von Kerman" until he saw the writing on the side of Gene's plane.  And you may have noticed in the writings of both Kenlies that names have never been used.  It's always been "murdery writer" or "spy boss" on the one hand, and "weak, smooth-faced coward" on the other. Anywyays--

FORUM: "But the Kerbulans know that their enemy is called Kerbfleet"

AUTHOR: Yes, they've known that ever since Kenlie Kermulan found the Evestation, and saw its flag.

FORUM: "But they know the ship's name! Explain that!"

A VERY OBSERVANT READER: "Stop pestering! It's written on the front, back and sides of the ship, and Murdery Scout Lisa got close enough to read the name way back in this panel!"

FORUM: "Oh! Sorry! There's so much Kerbfleet history I can't be expected to keep up, despite the fact that it's been remarkably clear and consistent for years now!"

AUTHOR: That's all right, just keep reading :D 

1 hour ago, Kuzzter said:

... Anywyays--

This is a typo, right? Please keep it, it looks so good!:D
Ahoy Kerbfleet! Go Sarge, go! (Waving all three both remaining hands:D)

Edited by Mikki

On 12/15/2016 at 9:00 AM, Just Jim said:

Oh, interesting!  And totally unexpected. :D

Reveal hidden contents

And that name seems strangely familiar...  :wink:

As soon as i opened the spoiler, my laptops fan turned on... as if it was thinking harder...trying to make the connection...

creepy...