CarnageINC

Add-on Development Mod Library

70 posts in this topic

I can push it to CKAN, but @avivey is around here somewhere, so maybe we'll see official notice soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks a lot for your work! I believe many people will be benefited from your effort!!

Another thing, the creator of Trajectories have said that he's busy with his life and would like someone to take over it, I think this is an essential mod that everybody loves, so maybe consider adding it to the list?

On 14/03/2017 at 8:28 PM, Youen said:

That's a bit of an overstatement... Unless you mean my code is so awful that no one can understand it ;-)

Unfortunately, I've lost interest in KSP in general for quite some time now, and I don't really want to reinstall the latest version just to fix bugs and upgrade code for the latest version, which is precisely the part I dislike about modding.

Maybe I'll get back to it later, but no ETA nor promises.

In the meantime, I can at least update the opening post inform people of what works or not, and on which version of the game. I think the most problematic issue is that prediction is not accurate, but I don't know what is the last version of KSP for which it worked correctly?

Also, despite what @Kobymaru says, I'm sure there are a lot of people around here that are able to improve the mod (starting with himself). And I'd be happy to release the work of anyone who would like to fix the issues / improve the mod. I can also give direct access to spacedock and AVC, and I think moderators can transfer the opening post ownership, or failing that we could create a new thread, if someone wants to maintain the mod.

I'm really sorry to "let down" the current users of the mod, but fixing this kind of issue can be cumbersome, and I don't want to force myself to do it if I'm not even going to play the game after that.

Here's his original post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I'm going to take over KSPCashier, will be out in a few days

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RealGecko said:

I can push it to CKAN, but @avivey is around here somewhere, so maybe we'll see official notice soon.

He hasn't been around since January 25.  Try sending him a message, see what his intentions are

15 hours ago, CarnageINC said:

No mods where all links are expired or missing are included.

Would be nice to know about these, someone may have copies somewhere.

Given a DLL, there is a good chance it can be decompiled and reconstructed, if someone wants to take the time.

also, I have the full archive from the old Kerbalstuff site, lots of good stuff there

Edited by linuxgurugamer
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a PSA ... The BDAc team released an update for BDMk22 4 months ago (or thereabouts)

Was compiled for 1.2.1 but works fine in 1.2.2 

Here's the link: https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDMk22Plugin

We've also released an updated improved chase camera ... link: https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/ImprovedChaseCamera

As for camera tools, one of our code experts released an updated version a few months ago ... ignore the incompatible pop up as it works fine in 1.2.2 (was compiled for 1.2.1) https://github.com/jrodrigv/CameraTools

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A huge thank you to @RealGecko @linuxgurugamer and @DoctorDavinci!!!!  This is the exact kind of help I need!  Providing the links of the patches is so awesome, thank you.  I can reword the descriptions to include the links, instead of letting others try to find how to patch them.  I'll get that done and move them off to the main library.  

3 hours ago, MaxZhao said:

Thanks a lot for your work! I believe many people will be benefited from your effort!!

Another thing, the creator of Trajectories have said that he's busy with his life and would like someone to take over it, I think this is an essential mod that everybody loves, so maybe consider adding it to the list?

Here's his original post

I noticed that Trajectories is labeled for v1.2, is the mod still functional?  If not, we can make note of that so everyone knows, if it still is then its best to stay where its at for now.

 

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

He hasn't been around since January 25.  Try sending him a message, see what his intentions are

Would be nice to know about these, someone may have copies somewhere.

Given a DLL, there is a good chance it can be decompiled and reconstructed, if someone wants to take the time.

also, I have the full archive from the old Kerbalstuff site, lots of good stuff there

You have access to what was on Kerbalstuff!?!  My mind is blown, because there were quite a lot of mods that I tossed because they had dead links.  If you can provide files, I can go back and find the majority of the mods I tossed.  I deleted them off my list, only because I thought they were a lost cause.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KCT's presence in this list is an interesting subject. Technically, the last official release is for 1.1.3 and there isn't a full release for 1.2.x, though there is a "beta" build with missing features for 1.2.2. That exists for a few reasons, namely that I had a few things I wanted to do for 1.2 before release, I had to cut out a bunch of core functionality due to KSP changes, and I had completely lost interest in KSP and modding (haven't not seriously played since 0.90 or so) so I was basically gone. I'm actually back now and am actively working on a few things, including two new mods and updating KCT. At this point I don't plan on updating KCT officially to 1.2 with 1.3 being so close (I also really want to get the part inventory back in). I also might completely rewrite it in the next few months.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't really care if KCT is on this list, I'm just unsure of if it should be on the list. If it meets your criteria then feel free to keep it on, I just wanted to make it clear that I am actively working on it and supporting the "beta" build again.

 

I believe I also have the KerbalStuff contents saved as well. There was a period of time where it was all up as a torrent so I made sure to grab it since nobody knew what was going to happen for a little while.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, magico13 said:

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't really care if KCT is on this list, I'm just unsure of if it should be on the list. If it meets your criteria then feel free to keep it on, I just wanted to make it clear that I am actively working on it and supporting the "beta" build again.

 

I believe I also have the KerbalStuff contents saved as well. There was a period of time where it was all up as a torrent so I made sure to grab it since nobody knew what was going to happen for a little while.

I remember now I tried your beta build a couple weeks ago.  I can retag it a dev release (blue) on the main library, can you please provide a link for me to use?

The KerbalStuff is of great interest to me.  I'm willing to do the work on going back through the stuff I deleted out of my list if the KerbalStuff is easy to work with.  Ifs its a large list of just file names in no order, I don't know if I can or want to stress about that stuff enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CarnageINC said:

I remember now I tried your beta build a couple weeks ago.  I can retag it a dev release (blue) on the main library, can you please provide a link for me to use?

The KerbalStuff is of great interest to me.  I'm willing to do the work on going back through the stuff I deleted out of my list if the KerbalStuff is easy to work with.  Ifs its a large list of just file names in no order, I don't know if I can or want to stress about that stuff enough.

Here's the link to the dev thread. Mostly ignore the text, it hasn't been updated in a while. The files themselves are hosted on my build server

 

If I remember correctly, the KerbalStuff dump is sorted by author, then by mod name, as a bunch of folders. With every build they uploaded. I don't remember if it was everything, or only things that allowed redistribution.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, CarnageINC said:

I noticed that Trajectories is labeled for v1.2, is the mod still functional?  If not, we can make note of that so everyone knows, if it still is then its best to stay where its at for now.

The 1.2 ksp changes have cause the mod to lose its intended accuracy and created some bugs the creator acknowledges it and would like someone to help make the fixes, I think some mod makers may be interested due to the mod's popularity. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, magico13 said:

Here's the link to the dev thread. Mostly ignore the text, it hasn't been updated in a while. The files themselves are hosted on my build server

 

If I remember correctly, the KerbalStuff dump is sorted by author, then by mod name, as a bunch of folders. With every build they uploaded. I don't remember if it was everything, or only things that allowed redistribution.

I'll change the link and status for your mod, thank you.  If its sorted by author then I can work with that.  I'll go back and dig that stuff up, then ask you guys if you author XYZ for this 123 mod.

3 minutes ago, MaxZhao said:

The 1.2 ksp changes have cause the mod to lose its intended accuracy and created some bugs the creator acknowledges it and would like someone to help make the fixes, I think some mod makers may be interested due to the mod's popularity. 

Ok, thanks for the info.  I will make a note of potential issues on the mod description.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, CarnageINC said:

I'll change the link and status for your mod, thank you.  If its sorted by author then I can work with that.  I'll go back and dig that stuff up, then ask you guys if you author XYZ for this 123 mod.

I'll do you one better. Don't actually grab a bunch of files from here, but here's a mirror of the whole dump hosted on my personal server. Browsing is fine, but don't download the whole thing. It may take a little while before they're all there since it's copying from a different directory in the background.

Edit: It occurred to me that I probably shouldn't make this link publicly available due to potential license issues. I'll PM it if you didn't save it. You should probably edit it out of your quote of this post.

Edited by magico13
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, magico13 said:

I'll do you one better. Don't actually grab a bunch of files from here, but here's a mirror of the whole dump hosted on my personal server. Browsing is fine, but don't download the whole thing. It may take a little while before they're all there since it's copying from a different directory in the background.

 

Wow, thanks.  Its a bit hard to know who some of those guys are but I think I can work with that.  I'll go through the license and make sure the mods I select haven't been redone.

Edited by CarnageINC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@CarnageINC - could you list BDMk22 and Improved Chase Camera with@Papa_Joe as the maintainer

Also, could you list @jrodriguez as the maintainer of Camera Tools

Thanx

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

@CarnageINC - could you list BDMk22 and Improved Chase Camera with@Papa_Joe as the maintainer

Also, could you list @jrodriguez as the maintainer of Camera Tools

Thanx

 

I listed their names for the patches.  I feel that until those patch modders make an independent post stating they have officially take the mod over, its best to keep the mods under the originally author to prevent any future confusion or mistakes within the library that may arise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well all 3 mods are maintained by the BDAc team (of which I am a member) ... The request was so that you would list who's repository on github it is in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Well all 3 mods are maintained by the BDAc team (of which I am a member) ... The request was so that you would list who's repository on github it is in

FYI, all the stuff we discussed has been modified or changed and sent to Gaarst.  Hes been busy so it might be a few days till he has time.  I've kind of dumped another large update on him lately :blush:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can pull Firespitter from the list... it's 1.2.2 compatible already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, magico13 said:

Here's the link to the dev thread. Mostly ignore the text, it hasn't been updated in a while. The files themselves are hosted on my build server

 

If I remember correctly, the KerbalStuff dump is sorted by author, then by mod name, as a bunch of folders. With every build they uploaded. I don't remember if it was everything, or only things that allowed redistribution.

It is everything from Kerbalstuff which was downloadable.

I'm zippping it all up now, will get it to @CarnageINC later this evening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

It is everything from Kerbalstuff which was downloadable.

I'm zippping it all up now, will get it to @CarnageINC later this evening

Thank you, but no need, @magico13 sent me the info, its in a format that I can work with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CarnageINC said:

Thank you, but no need, @magico13 sent me the info, its in a format that I can work with.

oh, ok

Let me know if you need it later

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

You can pull Firespitter from the list... it's 1.2.2 compatible already.

For clarification, your talking about the parts to the mod, not the dll plugin?  We have the dll plugin in the main library.  Firespitter is here only because I wasn't sure if Snjo's original parts are working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question for the modders.  Old wheel mods, are they something I should add in?  I know there has been a lot of changes to code and stuff in regards to those.

What about texture mods?  Are they important?  What about expandable parts, similar in nature to some of porkjet's hab modules? 

Edited by CarnageINC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Diggin' the new format!  I know it's still WIP but... :cool:

 

47 minutes ago, CarnageINC said:

What about texture mods?  Are they important?

Based on my casual observations, yes.  Can't speak to the other types though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speedy's Hex Truss System works in 1.2.2 (for me and probably a few others).  There is a fix here that makes one issue go away.

KSO is also not dead.....  The station parts all work.  No idea about the ground vehicles (anyone want to test out some wheels?) Some of us are working on some fixes for the shuttles.  Once those are done.........  :o

Edited by smotheredrun
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now