[1.3] Kerbal Joint Reinforcement v3.3.3 7/24/17

ferram4

• 4 weeks later...
Well, poop.

http://i.imgur.com/PgmL3gM.png?1

Then there's SkyLab, SkyLab B, and SpaceLab that are fully operational. So far, docking operations are A-OK. I'll consider this the limit.

Nice station ya got there, fellow kerbonaut!

~~~

Is there any known issue from this mod resulting in craft bouncing off the Launchpad on load? I'm very early into a new career save with a lot of hard-mode mods, including KCT. The odd thing is, this symptom only crops up on "real" launch attempts and not on simulation attempts. (I've already posted on that thread with this issue.) Could CollisionFX be a culprit?

I bring my question here because my symptom seems to be connected with KJR physics load delay. This is my first kerballed launch, with a thrust-limited SRB-Hammer. I've tried just straight nozzle-on-the-ground, propped up by tailfins, and moored by a FASA Redstone launch clamp. The results are the same -- during physics load into the flight scene, my craft's collision mesh bounces off that of the Tier1 Launchpad terrain. Usually this results in popping up 5-10m into the air, which often causes the SRB to explodify when it lands but not always. Can't stage-activate or context-menu-activate the engine until well after I'm re-landed (which triggers an Achievement which is a problem because I can't activate SAS until after I have control access again. A few times I ended up subterranean, and thrust doesn't seem to work when the nozzle is embedded into the terrain. It seems to be random where I end up, as burrowed is by far the less likely result.

Any ideas?

Remove KJR and see what happens?

Nope, same issue. New symptoms too, the terrain came out... I dunno even how to describe it. Jagged? Blocky? But once I got up above 30km altitude, KSC re-loaded with proper contours.

At this point, I have no choice but to edit the footage and post it, which I won't have a chance to do until later tonight.

Nope, same issue. New symptoms too, the terrain came out... I dunno even how to describe it. Jagged? Blocky? But once I got up above 30km altitude, KSC re-loaded with proper contours.

At this point, I have no choice but to edit the footage and post it, which I won't have a chance to do until later tonight.

You mean post it under general support, modded. Because it's not a KJR issue

I would suggest instead trying removing more mods - at a first stab, removing all but the mods you actually need to put the craft on the pad - since we have already established this is not a KJR issue by that approach.

Follow up -- I learned that this is an issue with Kopernicus. Apologies for clogging this thread.

If you're using a Kopernicus mod that reparents Kerbin, then it is 100% a Kopernicus problem (reported and confirmed here). It might ultimately be a stock problem, but it only appears with reparented Kerbin, which only happens with Kopernicus.

Do your timewarping in the Tracking Station and then switch to the Space Center to launch and it should be fine. Anytime you timewarp for long enough in the space center you'll get terrain glitches and huge position errors on launch.

Tired of rockets collapsing when physics initializes, but it would be fine if physics didn't start with a jerk?

<snip>

Hi,

Yet another fresh KSP addict here, just going through mod discovery evolution at the moment.

Just a quick post to say THANK YOU - really appreciate intelligent people sharing their hundreds hours of work for free.

Cheers

I started exploring mods for KSP about a month ago. Honestly, this particular mod could be the only mod I had and I would be perfectly happy.

But I digress. I'm using SpaceY Extended (7.5m rockets) and a variety of others, including UniversalStorage (with its outrageously tiny hub parts and dozens of radial connections). Both were almost completely unusable on stock, but now they both perform like champions. No noticeable flexing at all, even on my 360.0 TWR test booster (7.5m, 8 connections), or on the 60-part U.S. science hub in the middle of the craft.

Bravo.

I wonder if the junction strength of the joints is variable in KSP vanilla. But I think not. So would it be possible to ensure that the welding force is variable depending on the materials and method of fixing chosen?

If glue, screws, nails, rivets, welding etc.

- - - Updated - - -

On materials such as: plastic, metal, ceramics, glass ...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is a KJR thing or not but I'm constantly running into an issue where I put a rocket on the launchpad, then the moment KJR loads, the rocket "moves" (usually appears like it's snapping into position) resulting in the launch clock starting. Any ideas what might be causing this and how I can get it to stop?

That happens when KSP starts physics.

In fact, that effect is exactly why KJR exists. Stock, that sudden impact can destroy complex or large ships, and KJR addresses that by applying the physics slowly, rather than slamming gravity up to full instantly.

Is this working in 1.0.5? I'm gonna go for it... I have a quicksave as recent as my last play session, and multiple manual saves.

I'll let y'all know if all my ships asplode when loading physics! :confused:

Yeah well, Ferram has it set up to automatically disable if KSP is the wrong version. It should be okay though, and I don't know if you can get around it by just fixing it in the version file.

I haven't tried to use it myself yet though.

It works out fine. Also, KJR doesn't read from the version file, that would be silly; the compatibility is hard-coded into the file, but it is rather lenient for KJR given how stable it tends to be.

So... consider this functional.

I've been trying (wholly unsuccessfully) to build an SSTO plane in RSS/RO, and one thing that bothers me is that my planes are abnormally wobbly, even with KJR.

Does KJR detect the size of procedural parts?

Which line in the config file should I modify to increase stiffness tenfold?

I think there is a problem with KJR..

When I load a scenario..of course I will start with a ship but after the game loads the save/scenario the ship rotates at its self...I used my joystick to turn it around but then...The whole ship disintegrates and goes to escape velocity of kerbin

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Sorry if posted two times..
I always forget that the quick reply is the button for people to see the reply :P

[quote name='Empty Beautiful Space']I think there is a problem with KJR..

When I load a scenario..of course I will start with a ship but after the game loads the save/scenario the ship rotates at its self...I used my joystick to turn it around but then...The whole ship disintegrates and goes to escape velocity of kerbin
[/QUOTE]

Happens to me too (with scenarios) and I do not use KJR.

• 3 weeks later...