[1.3] [Kopernicus] New Horizons v2.0.1 [2JUN17] - It's Back!

KillAshley

tbh IF you have all 3 ready, you could just make tham as options:) (just read past post -> I am fine with any of them). Just make installer like some skyrim mods have to chose... When mod is preety much finished you(or someone) could make nice instaler with configurable features eg. one of stars ;)

How i can not play this mod when it have planet named after me :>

Which mods should i install if i want to have Rescource Support? There are like 6-7mods that overwrites files and crash (my) game :( Can someone make step-by-step install guide with optional mods?

It is me or max warp speed is super slow?:o 5-6days per second. my next node in 16years and it is just jol... or it is kerbin system so huge?:o

Edited by Leouch

Thanks for the reply

I think I unintentionally landed on the ugliest spot possible, along the border between the blue and the yellow. And thanks for the KSPRC trick!

edit: Deleted mods one by one, narrowed it down to outdated Texture Replacer that was the problem. Update it and the bug vanishes :)

Edited by 0thatguy

New bug found related to resources and the M700.

Now you can put them in orbit without problems, (V1.4.21 QuickFix).

You can deploy and use them to survey a planet and it actually works perfectly ... as long as you don't change focus of your ship to the planet.

If you do that the info of the planet doesn't appear and the info of the ship remains in it's place.

You can see it in this pic, (my English is not good enough to properly explain something like this):

http://i.imgur.com/eD29oZR.jpg

After that, when you return to your ship it disappears, (the whole ship not just the M700).

It may take a while to disappear leading to you to think that everything is good and you can quicksave ... well, that is not the case , (god bless S.A.V.E. mod).

If somebody else can try this and get the same bug it would probably be wise to write some warning in the OP about the M700 and this mod to avoid future ships being engulfed by the kraken without a backup save.

Despite the M700 bugs the mod is great :D, so thanks for your work KillAshley.

@leouch

mods that add resources are ones like the USI catalogue, EPL, etc....most of the resources should randomly generate from the crp base configs, so there shouldn't be problems (except for karboniteplus which has no support for now)

if theres problems installing other mods let the mod author know and perhaps they can help better than i can :wink:

Oh and as for the timewarp thing, yes missions can be LONG now haha! look up some timewarp mods like WarpUnlocker or BetterTimeWarp

@0thatguy

it's aright, theres still alot of work to do on the terrain, but mostly just minor tweaks and ALOT of testing haha! I'm having easing up on the work atm as IRL has got me pretty busy, but I've got a long list of things I want improved for next version. If you spot anything else out of the ordinary please let me know!

Really excited to give this mod a try. Curious though, does it play nice with mods like Kolonization and Life Support?

I don't necessarily mean technically, but with such long flight times I've read in this thread (16 yrs to Jol) would it even be feasible to play this with life support?

Any advice on this from anyone would be appreciated. I'm trying to set up my new nodded play through and really want MKS and TAC LS to be the forefront.

Thanks for your hard work!

I play it with MKS/OKS and TAC and I think it's worth the challenge. Though I changed the layout quite a bit, so Kerbin has his Mun back.

Despite that you could play around with the settings of TAC, so you're Kerbals won't need that much life support. I really don't see a problem here, as long as everything is somewhat organized.

sry guys, been relaxing on my days off, having a break from issues...but lets get back into it!

New bug found related to resources and the M700.

Now you can put them in orbit without problems, (V1.4.21 QuickFix).

You can deploy and use them to survey a planet and it actually works perfectly ... as long as you don't change focus of your ship to the planet.

If you do that the info of the planet doesn't appear and the info of the ship remains in it's place.

You can see it in this pic, (my English is not good enough to properly explain something like this):

http://i.imgur.com/eD29oZR.jpg

After that, when you return to your ship it disappears, (the whole ship not just the M700).

It may take a while to disappear leading to you to think that everything is good and you can quicksave ... well, that is not the case , (god bless S.A.V.E. mod).

If somebody else can try this and get the same bug it would probably be wise to write some warning in the OP about the M700 and this mod to avoid future ships being engulfed by the kraken without a backup save.

Despite the M700 bugs the mod is great :D, so thanks for your work KillAshley.

Thanks for letting me know mate, I'll look into this and see if theres more problems i missed. Sry i missed your post yesterday, didn't see it at all...

Really excited to give this mod a try. Curious though, does it play nice with mods like Kolonization and Life Support?

I don't necessarily mean technically, but with such long flight times I've read in this thread (16 yrs to Jol) would it even be feasible to play this with life support?

Any advice on this from anyone would be appreciated. I'm trying to set up my new nodded play through and really want MKS and TAC LS to be the forefront.

Thanks for your hard work!

Do you mean TAC Life Support? If so, I'm not sure if it's still being worked on but there WAS a mod called deep freeze that added cryogenic pods for TAC-LS for long journeys. If it's gone then try lowering the TAC resource consumption, or plan your trips very carefully! TBH I haven't used TAC in a while, I prefere to play with USI Life Support now, as i had too many cases of space stations losing power and everyone dieing and it made me rage one too many times. I'll have a look and see if there's anything i can do to help these mods cooperate with mine a little better. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to let me know!

Nnnnice mod Ashley! Unforcenately I'm not to fond on mods that completely remake the stock system...

thanks bro, oh and by the way I should be able to get more of the biome maps for our K+ pack done tomorrow :wink:

I play it with MKS/OKS and TAC and I think it's worth the challenge. Though I changed the layout quite a bit, so Kerbin has his Mun back.

Despite that you could play around with the settings of TAC, so you're Kerbals won't need that much life support. I really don't see a problem here, as long as everything is somewhat organized.

Thanks for the reply.

Am I right in assuming that there are at least a decent number of planets close enough that Life Support won't be a problem?

I don't mind things being hard later on as long as the early and middle game have enough planets to visit and colonize.

Kill, maybe you can add an image to the OP that shows a star map of the new layout? That way someone like myself can see how far the planets are to one another. if it wouldn't be to much trouble anyway.

Thanks for the answers Snafu and Kill.

basically i have more than doubled the amount of bodies in the stock system, so yeah some of the journeys will take a long time seeing as i had to make room!

I've added screenshots of the solar layout into the OP, just follow the written description of the layout under it to see where everything is (you may want to open the album in a new tab to see it larger)

true, but a f class main sequence wouldn't be much of a change...I suggested these 3 main ones purely because of the drastic change the systems would bring.

Btw the blue main sequence I suggested is a b class bordering on an a class...a lot hotter and brighter.

I just took a look at the PlanetShine config that you were providing with New Horizons and I noticed a possible issue: on all celestial bodies you did set "atmosphereAmbient" to 0.2, however it should be set to 1.0 for celestial bodies which have an atmosphere, including gas giants.

This setting determines how much additional ambient light from the celestial body your vessel will receive when on the atmosphere.

I sometimes fear that Aptur will hit Kerbin. It comes so close. That causes another problem, most of the time it is hard to get in Aptur SOI without kerbin interference. I thought Aptur would be as easy as stock Mun. Definately not.Having good time with heavyly modded hard career in new horizons solar system. I wish i could install a stable ksprc for visuals. I know some tweaks needed for it to work on 1.0 but my game is already very unstable with dozens of mods.

Haha yeah I'm still toying with apturs orbit, trying to get rid of the soi interferrance from kerbin. It actually takes about the same amount of delta-v to get there as stock min, it's just the trajectory is a little weird. I'm still looking at cloud layers and trying to optimize things so hopefully I can make things a little easier for games like yours

I have been giving this new system a go and I have been loving it so far. However I seem to be having an issue with craft in orbit over Mun. During a play session they remain in the assigned orbits but in play sessions a day or two later, the Mun orbiting crafts orbits have altered, in some cases flinging them into orbit around Sonnah or smashing them into the Munar surface. Honestly I can't say if it is this mod causing this behaviour but I wonder if anyone else has encountered it.

That being said, this mod has really got me back into ksp again. Keep up the good work!

I have been giving this new system a go and I have been loving it so far. However I seem to be having an issue with craft in orbit over Mun. During a play session they remain in the assigned orbits but in play sessions a day or two later, the Mun orbiting crafts orbits have altered, in some cases flinging them into orbit around Sonnah or smashing them into the Munar surface. Honestly I can't say if it is this mod causing this behaviour but I wonder if anyone else has encountered it.

That being said, this mod has really got me back into ksp again. Keep up the good work!

Thanks man, that was pretty much the reason i made this mod, to get me back into the game after the stock system lost it's appeal. I'll have a look into the missing ship bug, this is a bug from a long time ago that i thought i fixed, but there could still be problems. I'll have a look in any case. Could you tell me what other mods are you using just in case theres an incompatibility?

if the star is changed to a blue star, will there be an easy way to change it back, or at least make it not blue?

yes, trust me i have plans, but it will be pretty simple to pick and choose the extras that you want from this mod, and if you don't want it anymore than reverting back to the standard system as it is now will be easy. I'll explain the how-to's when i have the update ready, but I'm currently waiting on the new kopernicus update before i put it out.

Optional Mod Support:

Environment Visual Enhancements (now KSPRC support only)

• Adds cloud layers, atmospheric effects and other beautiful visuals. No need to install other packs as this has full custom support. **IMPORTANT** Please see install instructions in the download.

Does this mean that EVE isn`t supported, only KSPRC? But KSPRC isn´t ready for 1.0.2.

Currently i use EVE for clouds. So i can´t use NH?