Valentina's Future

War Eagle 1

If she starts out in the crew roster, it simply means I only have to hire one new pilot after firing Bill and Bob.

(The program starts with three pilots. Engineers and scientists don't get hired until group three. I'm really hoping that they add class to the config file, instead of basing it on the name.)

Otherwise, she'll be just another potential recruit when I hire pilots.

As with ALL Kerbals she will be added to the rotation and get an assignment when the KSP "program" decides to pop her in a seat.

^ This.

She will go into the rotation when available.

I imagine she'll be busy in the early stages helping to sort out the new aerodynamics.

Best,

-Slashy

There is a part of my thinking that misses the androgyny which was assumed in the original Kerbals - However, the idea of an intelligent species being able to reproduce in an asexual manner is probably beyond most of the worlds comprehension (Hence they always get male names) - so we must now adapt to PC thinking patterns. This is not problem, but still I wonder how many resources had to be spent just to deal with society's immature social and sexual perceptions. I would have rather had better part textures and memory management.

Still... Squad, you did a great job with the design and rendering of Valentina and her obvious sisters. Well done. Don't turn back...

[Reference to deleted post snipped.]

If there haven't been any changes with 1.0, pilot weight is irrelevant when using a capsule. It's only taken into account with the external command seat.

I was asking wit the command seat in mind. If there is any physical difference it would probably be negligible compared to the weight of the rest of the craft even if it is under a ton. But you know, data is good.

Edited by Vanamonde

I'll be using her in lots of "simulated" flights and explosions, testing out the new stock Aero for a week or two while waiting for my favorite mods to update for my (hopefully final) fresh career start.

[Reference to removed post removed.]

As everyone knows "Men Are from MarsDuna, Women Are from VenusEve", so my Eve/Gilly missions will be entirely ♀

Edited by Vanamonde

Wow, folks. At this point, this thread might have more deleted posts than remaining posts. Seriously, please avoid discriminatory remarks, even if meant as jokes. Remember, it might not seem so funny to the group being targeted by the joke.

Well, what should I do with a female Kerbonaut?

Of course the same as with her male ounterparts ... put her into a rocket and hope I designed it good enough that she survives the trip :D

As I guess that Valentina will have a special status like Jeb, Bill and Bob, I will take care of her as I would do with those three ...

that is, see her less as a redshirt than other Kerbonauts :D

From what I understand, she has the same BadAss characteristics as Jeb. This means my space program may well degenerate into a competition between Jeb and Valentina about who can do the craziest thing. In the past, if there was a high risk, crazy mission on the cards, Jeb was the man for the job, no questions asked. Now these two are going to be fighting it out in the Astronaut complex about whose turn it is. Can we have a 2-man capsule please, Squad?

well seeing as she's a pilot she'll do rotations with Jeb on my missions. Really, that's about it. I see no reason to treat her any differently than her male counterparts.

as for hiring new kerbonauts: kerbals are hired based on skill level (pilots going down in landers are preferred to have a bit higher than average courage, scientists a little lower than average stupidity). I'll try to keep my ratio around the 50/50 mark, but again, skills matter, not gender.

I don't think she'll be seeing as much action as Jeb, unless I explicitly do crew rotations and choose crew for missions instead of just rolling with it. I wish Sandbox mode optionally needed to have the different crew roles. I know it makes little sense for scientists, but for roleplay reasons, idk.

Female Kerbals in general, will get just as much action as male ones, because once the orange suits are killed, it's just randomly generated ones all the way.

Well in 0.9 I had Jeb mostly at Laythe after using him for the initial kerbin system flights, Bob ended on Bop and handled the kraken base, Bill on Minmus on the main shipyard.

Valentina probably ends on Venus, another place for an badass pilot.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.