[1.0.5] RSS Planets & Moons expanded v0.12.0 Sedna is finally here!

pozine

@panourgue I think it will break things, better wait for an updated version.

Also for the previous version of RSS I was having issues with Remote Tech (I believe it has something to do with the celestial bodies index numbers) - the contracts are now referencing wrong bodies and antennae are not working

40 minutes ago, hypervelocity said:

I think it will break things, better wait for an updated version

;.; Oh well.

Wait, have you actually tried that? Cause I'm not sure it will. I'd try it myself only it's almost painful to wait for this mod to generate Kopernicus's cache (not exactly how this works but you know what I mean)

14 minutes ago, panourgue said:

;.; Oh well.

Wait, have you actually tried that? Cause I'm not sure it will. I'd try it myself only it's almost painful to wait for this mod to generate Kopernicus's cache (not exactly how this works but you know what I mean)

I haven't tried it but I just have that feeling that it will break things.

I was having issues with Remote Tech as well so actually I was thinking of uninstalling this mod until a new update is pushed

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, thank you for this mod. This is exactly what I was looking for. There's so much more to our solar system than just the eight planets, this mod really helps to bring to life the complexity and great number of bodies floating around our sun. Thanks!

@pozine hi :)

I was messing around with this mod to fix compatibility with GN and found a couple of bugs:

1- [LOG 02:34:24]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Dactyl

the biome map of dactyl has the wrong name, so the body doesn't load

2- (admittedly this isn't a bug since this mod has to be used with RSS 10.4.1)

with the latest RSS there are 2 charons so none load.

I guess you are probably already aware of those, but I thought to mention them just in case :)

• 4 weeks later...

Answering a question that @curiousepic asked to the RSS thread:

On 5/5/2016 at 1:27 AM, curiousepic said:

What kind of work? Mind posting in that thread?

Since Kopernicus Expansion has not been updated (at the time of this post) for Kopernicus 1.0.3 and KSP 1.1.2 you need to disable the "Comet" mods from any body that uses it:

Ceres
67P
Halley
  • Remove any references to the Pluto system from the "000-RSSPatches.cfg" file (lines 201 to 589).
  • Correct the biome texture name of Dactyl from "MetisBiomes" to "Metisbiome".

I might have missed something so ping me back for any questions or problems.

Edited by Phineas Freak
Typos

I am willing to maintain the mod from now on (i.e. port it over to 1.1.2 and then add more stuff). If it is OK with @pozine, then I will make a thread on Space Dock. I have also already started working on the descriptions that are missing for the various celestial bodies that this mod adds. I just want your nod of approval.

30 minutes ago, Table said:

Pozine hasn't been on since February, so I think someone should take over this mod.

It seems like he left.

Oh.

In that case, I will make it, and if he wants to commandeer it later on down the line, I can add him as author on spacedock. What version number should I go for (it was on 0.12.0, so I was thinking 0.13.0)

Just now, ImkSushi said:

Oh.

In that case, I will make it, and if he wants to commandeer it later on down the line, I can add him as author on spacedock. What version number should I go for (it was on 0.12.0, so I was thinking 0.13.0)

It's your choice, think what's best. And also remember to check the license first.

The license permits it.  My suggestion is to create your own thread for release/maintenance, rename it slightly ("redux", "maintained", etc...), and hand it back if/when pozine comes back.

1 minute ago, Table said:

It's your choice, think what's best. And also remember to check the license first.

The license lets me.

1 minute ago, regex said:

The license permits it.  My suggestion is to create your own thread for release/maintenance, rename it slightly ("redux", "maintained", etc...), and hand it back if/when pozine comes back.

Why should I? If I recoded it, then I would, but all the textures and the code is by pozine. I'm just going to maintain and update it, I have just been calling it 'Real Solar System Expanded'.

Just now, ImkSushi said:

Why should I? If I recoded it, then I would, but all the textures and the code is by pozine. I'm just going to maintain and update it, I have just been calling it 'Real Solar System Expanded'.

Renaming it and moving to your own thread:

1. Allows you to control the OP for updates and such

2. Implies that this is a continuation of the work done by pozine and not the actual work maintained by pozine

3. Avoids stepping on pozine's toes should they decide to return.

The license says that you must credit pozine regardless.

12 minutes ago, regex said:

Renaming it and moving to your own thread:

1. Allows you to control the OP for updates and such

2. Implies that this is a continuation of the work done by pozine and not the actual work maintained by pozine

3. Avoids stepping on pozine's toes should they decide to return.

The license says that you must credit pozine regardless.

Ok. New thread coming in a mo...

@Table@regex

made the new thread: 

Edited by ImkSushi

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.