Do something nobody has done before

@Mycroft You may not believe it but ..............Mk2 Stockalike Expansion. :wink:

Spoiler

But if you want to do the same with extra large craft, the old parts pack Mk3 Hypersonic Systems has a (radial-only) fittingly massive scramjet engine and beastly OP low-altitude air engines to provide the running start.

sxreAUU.jpg

I did not do it with this challenge in mind, but just noticed this topic and I think my latest effort might not have been done before.

I expect others have travelling between Minmus and Kerbin using unpowered flight before, with things like decouple force or cannons, not sure about this though. After I testing this ramp on Kerbin I noticed I was able to jump it near 300 m/s, I knew that was in the ballpark of escaping Minmus so I had to try it. :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

I've got 2 ideas for this.....one "has" been done but my idea takes it a stage further and MUCH harder to do. My other idea, as far as my last hour searching the Internet proved, has never been done....and it's this one I think will be very hard to achieve but fun none the less. Tonight I start with my quests and hopefully by the weekend (wife permitting ) I'll have something achieved. ....

1 hour ago, theAvenGuard said:

I believe that I have done something no one has done before- at least stock and to my level.

I have landed a stock aircraft on a stock aircraft carrier, in first person! - no aircraft carrier mods

Maybe the first to make a video about it but ... alas ... not the first.

By the way, to reduce the bouncing on the deck, may I suggest a smaller landing gear, better suited for the mass of the plane ... with a low spring setting and a high damper setting.

On 11-11-2016 at 9:05 PM, Luch said:

Fullmetal armored propeller plane!

Seems absolutely indestructible. The flying speed is always below 80 m/s, the crashing speed.

Litobraking is the most effective way to land it when you're bored. Hydrobraking now is under development.

Limitations: not for Kerbin :(

1lzo4UkMr4c.jpg

dOXZkK7DrMc.jpg

Seriously? You're using metal plates as propeller blades?

I invite you into the world of the stock turboprop/turboshaft engines ... here's an example.

https://kerbalx.com/Azimech/77I-Azi14-Asura-v12

You can find the main topic in my signature.

Edited by Azimech

1 hour ago, Azimech said:

Maybe the first to make a video about it but ... alas ... not the first.

By the way, to reduce the bouncing on the deck, may I suggest a smaller landing gear, better suited for the mass of the plane ... with a low spring setting and a high damper setting.

Alas, title's a bit misleading eh? I figure that I'm the first to share in this regard on the internet. Probably most played for KSP aircraft carriers no doubt. I truly miss adjustable landing gear, it was suited for this use.

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, MinimalMinmus said:

I don't know if the "grander tour"(OPM + stock tour) has ever been completed before.

Even better, a super tour. Galactic Neighbourhood with every compatible planet pack. You'll need drills for this one...

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2016 at 0:39 PM, MinimalMinmus said:

I don't know if the "grander tour"(OPM + stock tour) has ever been completed before.

A while ago I tried to do a grand tour with OPM and Xen's Planet Collection installed (which ends up with I believe a total of 36 celestial bodies which can be landed on), but there were a couple of issues with it. Still, the idea of grand tours with extra planet packs is definitely a great one. If you've done one with OPM I think a lot of people would be interested in seeing it.

2 minutes ago, eloquentJane said:

A while ago I tried to do a grand tour with OPM and Xen's Planet Collection installed (which ends up with I believe a total of 36 celestial bodies which can be landed on), but there were a couple of issues with it. Still, the idea of grand tours with extra planet packs is definitely a great one. If you've done one with OPM I think a lot of people would be interested in seeing it.

I'm kinda "super mega far" from a greater grand tour (actually, the only I can do is the "Kerbin grand tour" of the 2 muns), soooooo...

By the way, if you include @The White Guardian's Cyran, you get a neat total of 25 muns to visit, spread between the 5 gas giants. This one must be pretty unique!

58 minutes ago, MinimalMinmus said:

By the way, if you include @The White Guardian's Cyran, you get a neat total of 25 muns to visit, spread between the 5 gas giants. This one must be pretty unique!

Well I can't really do Cyran on top of what I have, but I have recently added Arkas to my Extended Kerbol System (for my long-term career), which gives me 40-something celestial bodies (including the gas planets). I doubt I'll do a complete grand tour of it during my career playthrough, but I'll definitely visit everywhere and explore pretty thoroughly.

Speaking of which, I don't know of anyone else who uses the Kerbol system with the extended layout shown below (and it doesn't seem likely right now since neither XPC or Arkas are as popular as they deserve to be), so I think I'll consider this something nobody has done before.

The extended Kerbol system layout:

Kerbol

Moho

Arkas

Kras

Vin

Eve

Aden

Neith

Gilly

Kerbin

Mun

Minmus

Duna

Ike

Nyke

Mios

Glac

Serc

Dres

Richell

Iber

Jool

Laythe

Vall

Tylo

Bop

Pol

Sarnus

Hale

Ovok

Eeloo

Slate

Tekto

Urlum

Polta

Priax

Wal

Tal

Neidon

Thatmo

Nissee

Plock-Karen

Beros

Kyx

I really don't think I need Cyran and its moons to add to this collection, as nice as that planet pack is.

Edited by eloquentJane

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.