[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Just now, alberro+ said:

Ah, no worries. Take your time with these, they're coming out really nicely.

yeah I really want to finish the CSM and get it uploaded so it can start getting dialed in, I've just struggled to scrape together the time or energy. Also why there hasn't been streams lately.

I just realized I haven't given many updates on Pioneer in a while. It is 98% done being modelled. Unwrapping will be next, and then I will begin texturing. Here are some pics:

gRtT6KX.png

3cGrGR1.png

IoMMssz.png

EOBGRwM.png

And here's a pic of the pioneer 10/11 orbiter proposal parts that will  be included:

Q9h2pde.png

17 minutes ago, Invaderchaos said:

I just realized I haven't given many updates on Pioneer in a while. It is 98% done being modelled. Unwrapping will be next, and then I will begin texturing. Here are some pics:

One word describes this....

Mommy! :D

Ok several more.

AWESOME.   I can not wait.   Pioneer Orbiter tanks and engine, reminds me of the same generation's Titan Satellite Launch Dispenser.....  Abet scaled down with the flat plate on the wrong side.

And the relatively obvious questions,

The aux pack (the lopsided lobe,) is it going to be B9PartSwitch-able, a Separate part or is the whole core a  single part?    Cause I think that would be a new great general purpose 6 sided Probe core.

The RCS on the Dish, will that be part of the dish, or a separate part?

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

idk. work is trying to actually kill me.

I would say I know the feeling....  

But after a while you almost get used to it.   You have no energy... and all you want to do is play stupid games to occupy your mind with the mindless....   Then even that is too much effort.

wait, what do you mean I was building an "Full proposed" ISS???!!!   I don't remember that! :P

Anyway,

Here is hoping there is a light at the end of the tunnel.   That your brain isn't fed to the illithids...  and that you have some time to decompress.

36 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

One word describes this....

Mommy! :D

Ok several more.

AWESOME.   I can not wait.   Pioneer Orbiter tanks and engine, reminds me of the same generation's Titan Satellite Launch Dispenser.....  Abet scaled down with the flat plate on the wrong side.

And the relatively obvious questions,

The aux pack (the lopsided lobe,) is it going to be B9PartSwitch-able, a Separate part or is the whole core a  single part?    Cause I think that would be a new great general purpose 6 sided Probe core.

The RCS on the Dish, will that be part of the dish, or a separate part?

I would say I know the feeling....  

But after a while you almost get used to it.   You have no energy... and all you want to do is play stupid games to occupy your mind with the mindless....   Then even that is too much effort.

wait, what do you mean I was building an "Full proposed" ISS???!!!   I don't remember that! :P

Anyway,

Here is hoping there is a light at the end of the tunnel.   That your brain isn't fed to the illithids...  and that you have some time to decompress.

The experiment payload section, the squashed hexagon at the side, is a separate part. Therefore the core hexagonal pioneer bus will exist as its own part. The RCS and the dish are currently the same part, but I am still considering a variant without the RCS. However this will sacrifice some of the AO, so I’m still deciding, 

Edited by Invaderchaos

2 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

As a wise man once said:

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

Anyway,

I wanna see this stuff done as much as y'all do, trust me :)

3 hours ago, Invaderchaos said:

gRtT6KX.png

3cGrGR1.png

IoMMssz.png

EOBGRwM.png

And here's a pic of the pioneer 10/11 orbiter proposal parts that will  be included:

Q9h2pde.png

Man, I’m so used to using Coatl’s Pioneer, but I can’t help just notice how much nicer this one is. Can’t wait!

18 minutes ago, TOMMY (JEB 2.0) said:

i noticed a minor inconsistency with the thor agena a/b where the vernier are put on inverted to the real rocket (see attached pics)

AM-JKLWyXAx8yixNmjc5rLbOv_WxUpnn8PFSP_mK

AM-JKLVKuJTh_xAVKF1XLgQZCatUZwY-AuSeuUVm

(plus the engine fairing is the wrong color)

Hate to break it to you, but the first picture is actually the correct orientation. The verniers always faced away from the main engine, all the way up to the Delta III.

23 minutes ago, TOMMY (JEB 2.0) said:

i noticed a minor inconsistency with the thor agena a/b where the vernier are put on inverted to the real rocket (see attached pics)

AM-JKLWyXAx8yixNmjc5rLbOv_WxUpnn8PFSP_mK

AM-JKLVKuJTh_xAVKF1XLgQZCatUZwY-AuSeuUVm

eh, 2 things there.  

1) Put the LR-101 on the OTHER node (you are putting it on the left I think and it needs to be attached at the right side...   Course if your on the backside of the rocket that is opposite.    If it goes on wrong, just re attach with the other node.   Problem fixed unless you try to rotate them manually.

2)  Um the engine fairing is the same color as the rocket... until the blue deltas.   Under the rather poor photo quality of that (White balance, Color Saturation and stupid museum "dramatic lighting" all playing a part in that,)  it is almost impossible to tell what the color is.   But no matter what color you think it is, I can tell you it isn't one that actually flew on a real rocket... it is a preservative infused coating designed to preserve the rocket, it is not the original type of paint which would oxidize and deteriorate quickly as on the as flown Thor rockets.

oh and 3) while the Museum has a placard for the Agena Upper stage in front of it, that is defiantly a Thor rocket... one of the launchers of Agena (as the combination being sometimes called Thorad.) 

Edited by Pappystein

57 minutes ago, ayothepizza said:

Is there an RSS Config for this mod? I couldn't find a parts pack that adds historical rockets better than this one and I really want to use it in RSS.

Not really,  i think some guys made their own configs but in general there is only a large part of the engines supported.  As i know the ones from the last update (Like the RL-20) are not yet and i am unshure about the latest RL-10´s from the last big update.

1 hour ago, ayothepizza said:

Is there an RSS Config for this mod? I couldn't find a parts pack that adds historical rockets better than this one and I really want to use it in RSS.

RO Configs for BDB are included in RO. They are not fully up to date but a good majority of them are configured. You just need to install BDB with RO. Since all of this is done by the RO team and their contributors you would need to check with them if you want more details as the BDB authors are not involved in writing them.

If you mean RSS without RO, BDB also has custom SMURFF configs.

There are also some BDB engines and capsules included in RO-Engines and RO-Capsules and likely more will be added to those as well in the future.

11 hours ago, TOMMY (JEB 2.0) said:

They're inverted because you're putting them on backwards, chief. And I'm not sure what you mean about the paint... they're both white.

11 hours ago, Pappystein said:

oh and 3) while the Museum has a placard for the Agena Upper stage in front of it, that is defiantly a Thor rocket... one of the launchers of Agena (as the combination being sometimes called Thorad.)

It's displayed as a Thor-Agena A :P also, Thorad doesn't mean Agena. It means (THOR AD)vanced, I believe. 

141020-F-IO108-006.JPG

5 minutes ago, Invaderchaos said:

Ahh, so that's what Thorad means  :sticktongue:

from Ed Kyle:

In 1961, Douglas Aircraft proposed a series of Thor upgrades for space launch. The "Thor Advanced" (Thorad) concept called for a constant diameter airframe that would eliminate the tapered IRBM LOX tank and increase propellant capacity. Three Sergeant solid motors would augment thrust. Before Thorad would fly, Douglas would add the solids to a standard Thor to create "Thorad Junior" (better known as TAT Agena-D). Replacing the MB-3-3 engine with a higher thrust Saturn H-1 engine would create "Thorad B". These proposals were eventually realized.

7 hours ago, Friznit said:

Simplistically, Thor Advanced was the USAF program and NASA benefitted by inheriting the tech for what they now called Delta (aka Long Tank Thor).  Clear as mud, right?

I knew the Thor Delta  NASA/USAF relationship was clear as mud.   But I thought it was clearer than this :D    

23 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

It's displayed as a Thor-Agena A :P also, Thorad doesn't mean Agena. It means (THOR AD)vanced, I believe. 

And I learned something new (yay!)   I have read pretty much all of Ed Kyle's posts in SLV Library as well as NASASpaceflight, but I have never cottoned on to the Thor Advanced name.   I don't know why, I always thought it meant Thor Agena A to D.

Guess that explains why some of my "Thorad" Agena D launches didn't make orbit in JNSQ.... the payload was too heavy and the setup was to lacking in fuel and thrust, because I built the wrong rocket.

44 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

Guess that explains why some of my "Thorad" Agena D launches didn't make orbit in JNSQ.... the payload was too heavy and the setup was to lacking in fuel and thrust, because I built the wrong rocket.

Gotta love early-game JNSQ. 

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

I knew the Thor Delta  NASA/USAF relationship was clear as mud.   But I thought it was clearer than this :D    

And I learned something new (yay!)   I have read pretty much all of Ed Kyle's posts in SLV Library as well as NASASpaceflight, but I have never cottoned on to the Thor Advanced name.   I don't know why, I always thought it meant Thor Agena A to D.

If only there was a handy guide how to build all the rockets somewhere... :sticktongue: