Devnote Tuesday: JEEEEEENKINS [the build server]!

SQUAD

2 hours ago, SQUAD said:
Mathew (sal_vager)

I am devastated to learn his first name is not "Sal".

2 hours ago, SQUAD said:
Finally, Kasper (KasperVld) has been working with Ted to prepare documentation for the pre-release

Good luck to these two. May your audience make history by not re-posting the same two misguided questions fifty times!

1 hour ago, technicalfool said:

Unfortunately, developing KSP ain't like baking a cake. Or it would be, if the cake suddenly decided to un-bake itself for unforeseen reasons and splattered cake batter all over the kitchen, thus requiring a complete review of all ingredients for inadvertently-added explodium.

But wasn't that the point?  People were told they'd be getting a spontaneously un-baking cake, with possible broken-glass frosting and a tendency to singe their eyebrows off, so they could help make the cake better.  If they have to wait for the cake to be ready, then they're not helping to make the cake any better.

2 hours ago, SQUAD said:

Finally, Kasper (KasperVld) has been working with Ted to prepare documentation for the pre-release, and making sure that the preparations for the media group and KSPTV stayed on track. Andrea (Badie) has been struck down by a bad flu after GDC, so an update on the adventures there will have to wait until next week.

Woo hoo!    Finally some docs for modders, I hope!

1 minute ago, razark said:

But wasn't that the point?  People were told they'd be getting a spontaneously un-baking cake, with possible broken-glass frosting and a tendency to singe their eyebrows off, so they could help make the cake better.  If they have to wait for the cake to be ready, then they're not helping to make the cake any better.

Making the "You non-Steam users are LUCKY to not have access to the new build" argument even less compelling.

"With the bugs listed in this article taken care of the testers have re-focused their attention to the 64-bit builds. We can’t wait to see how many mods people will be loading, or how crazy the modders can get with increased memory availability. "

http://giphy.com/gifs/applause-standing-ovation-jShr8wkP38XTO

Thank you Squad.

Edited by Motokid600

Ever noticed how the devnotes are not written from the perspective of any particular person? From now on, I'm assuming that the SQUAD monkey is the one who writes them.

Anyways, it's great to hear about so much progress despite the setbacks!

1 minute ago, TopHeavy11 said:

You know, I'm wondering if any new EASTER eggs are being developed for the pre-release for EASTER release. Any conspiracies forumers?

Yes.  EASTER EGGS would be good and very appropriate because EASTER is in 5 days.  Maybe someone thought to include EASTER EGGS?  I would love more!

7 minutes ago, TopHeavy11 said:

You know, I'm wondering if any new EASTER eggs are being developed for the pre-release for EASTER release. Any conspiracies forumers?

5 minutes ago, Bobdabiulder said:

Yes.  EASTER EGGS would be good and very appropriate because EASTER is in 5 days.  Maybe someone thought to include EASTER EGGS?  I would love more!

Why are you capitalizing EAS-- dang it, hold on, EASTER wow, that's weird. It appears it's physically impossible to type EASTER in mixed case. Who knew?

Edited by Perry Apsis

6 minutes ago, Perry Apsis said:

Why are you capitalizing EAS-- dang it, hold on, EASTER wow, that's weird. It appears it's physically impossible to type EASTER in mixed case. Who knew?

It's simple.  Some KSP players (*ahem* me & TopHeavy) want easter eggs.  We are emphesizing the word to draw attention so the devs can see it.  To prove my point, 

EASTER

I encourage others to "beg" for said EASTER eggs :)

3 hours ago, SQUAD said:

Perhaps more significantly, he fixed parts losing track of their orientation after using the rotation gizmo. If you’ve ever rotated a part with the gizmo, then pulled it off or copied it, you know what we’re talking about.

Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

Three cheers for the Squadies.....

HIP HIP... HOORAY!
HIP HIP... HOORAY!
HIP HIP....
wait..... what? A delay? :( seriously???

Oh well.... cannot be helped... Never was so much owed by so many to so few.... Go for gold guys!!!! We have your backs...

any moaning... and it will be game on! CLOSE RANKS!!!! Prepare to repel boarders.....

3 hours ago, razark said:

3 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

Making the "You non-Steam users are LUCKY to not have access to the new build" argument even less compelling.

Not that I can say much (or indeed, know much), but I'm thinking the developers want to make things at least mostly work before pushing the pre-release out. Explodium there may well be, but I'm not sure if the general public is quite ready for nuclear levels of it. In particular, the wheel-based problems mentioned in the devnotes, amongst other hilarity.

It'll be out soontm though, of that there is little doubt.

Sooo patch not coming in march and I guess even april we gonna see new problem and delay again.I waiting this update since last summer.1 year long patch but is it worth thats the question.More than 100 new parts ,new solar systems, new animations (ım not mention even better graphics) should be added for this long time but I cant see any of that.I love this game and bought to support squad but this is not enough for me sorry.

Edited by ktmemp

6 minutes ago, ktmemp said:

Sooo patch not coming in march and I quess even april we gonna see new problem and delay again.I waiting this update since last summer.1 year long patch but is it worth thats the question.More than 100 new parts ,new solar systems, new animations (ım not mention even better graphics) should be added for this long time but I cant see any of that.I love this game and bought to support squad but this is not enough for me sorry.

Well hang on, I don't think the delay was that long, and technically there wasn't officially a delay, but we probably will still get it in march and defiantly at least in April. Although I do agree that for the such long time between patches this doesn't seem like it really should be all we get with that much wait, but I guess either squad has been bad at being able to hold onto money so they can't afford enlarging their team or they are just being slightly scrugy about it and not considering how insane the time between updates is, both equally bad.

3 hours ago, TopHeavy11 said:

3 hours ago, Bobdabiulder said:

3 hours ago, Bobdabiulder said:

It's simple.  Some KSP players (*ahem* me & TopHeavy) want easter eggs.  We are emphesizing the word to draw attention so the devs can see it.  To prove my point, 

EASTER

I encourage others to "beg" for said EASTER eggs :)

אני רוצה ביצים הפסח , מדי . פייר זה פייר .

7 hours ago, SatanX said:

I've yet to see a feasible reason to go to 16G of ram from 8G. Squad, give me a reason, I dare ya.

Let me know when you get there... I'll be waiting down the road with my 32 GB! :sticktongue:

I also wanna put my hat in for adding MOAR™ EASTER EGGS! :D
Shout it from the rooftops! Easter eggs are awesome. It gives us extra little fun goals to reach! I'd also love, Love, LOVE to see the return of a few old easter eggs that got broked... Like the Duna SSTV signal and the Magic Boulder™.

Edited by richfiles

7 minutes ago, Sirad said:

without being offending:

As suggested 'don’t forget to leave your thoughts on our forum' ill leave my thought here:

Soon(tm), no real progress stated.

So... you ignored all the bugs they squashed? Really... Really:huh:

You didn't notice anything they fixed with staging, wheels, rotation gizmo, Open GL, etc, etc, etc... Really... :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, ktmemp said:

Sooo patch not coming in march and I guess even april we gonna see new problem and delay again.I waiting this update since last summer.1 year long patch but is it worth thats the question.More than 100 new parts ,new solar systems, new animations (ım not mention even better graphics) should be added for this long time but I cant see any of that.I love this game and bought to support squad but this is not enough for me sorry.

The improvements are under the hood... Better performance, native 64 bit support (allowing vastly more memory, and more mods), a hoard of bug fixes...

Let me put it this way... Those under the hood improvements mean you can add more planets and solar systems, with mods. Install graphic quality improvement mods, install part mods... And now the game actually has the memory footprint to actually do these things, while performing better and crashing less! I'd say Squad is giving you something amaaaaazeballs:confused:

Edited by richfiles

3 minutes ago, richfiles said:

So... you ignored all the bugs they squashed? Really... Really:huh:

You didn't notice anything they fixed with staging, wheels, rotation gizmo, Open GL, etc, etc, etc... Really... :rolleyes:

we'll get proof what have been 'fixed', if we get the 1.1. unless then its just a SOON(tm) and some statements in a Forum.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.