blackheart612

[1.4.x-1.6.x] Airplane Plus - R26.0 (A lot of fixes) (Mar 21, 2019)

Recommended Posts

Release 12

The time for flaps to be released has finally come :P Might only be for a few people's taste but it's fun to use. It helps in landing and some maneuvers. Here's the formal changelog of the current release (@TMasterson5):

 

Added Mk1 Intake with meshswitches based on Early MiG (15/17) and F-86 Sabre

Added Size 2 Radial Liquid Fuel Mount, the bulky thing on airliner wings

Added FAT wings A to G variants, Airliner type modular wings capable of holding fuel

Added Trailing Edge Two-slot Flap

Added Trailing Edge Slotted Flap

Added Leading Edge Krueger Flap

Added Leading Edge Slat Straight

Added S.P.O.I.L.E.R

Added Elevon 0, a halved Elevon 1 (@Aerospacer)

--

Modified Size 2 Commercial Cockpit mesh to have a better nose

Fixed price of Junior Mk1 Fuel Tank (@fourfa)

Fixed a misplaced CoL on a wing segment

Regulated wing segment prices

---

I hope people enjoy some deeper detailing in wingworks. I've added a video to demonstrate the flaps. I tried to land it the way I remember how landings went on the flights I've been in but it's probably a terrible reenactment. Also linked this on OP.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My god, these all look so good.. I'll see how these will act with far.

gqjj13.jpg

first shot from me!

Edited by qromodynmc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey,

I really like the slats, flaps & spoilers. You have outdone yourself again! Now if I could just get me some new memory cards I would be able to play this mod with a decent FPS. (I have loads of mods and my older memory cards broke down)

Fly safe!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a chance for a real plume config for the jet engine? (I hate the stock plume and I tried to make my own and somehow messed it up) also with real plume you can make exhaust effects for props which would look dope 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been a while. So here is my P-51-C Mustang, with new flaps and Elevon 0 (Thanks to @Aerospacer for making that idea, I was actually wanting an elevon like that :))

5FEE449EA6F9D8D72D1008375313438DD0FF7CD4 (1280×1024)

Edit: Another picture showing a target destroyed by a Mustang!

56AA9CDC1FF11AF95075BD34F16328A516131F72 (1280×1024)

Edited by Murican_Jeb
no moar pics = no moar clicks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NeoFatalis said:

 also with real plume you can make exhaust effects for props which would look dope 

I never saw any propeller engines having new FX from real plume. Can you give me some info on that?

Spoiler

I'd recommend you PM me to stay on topic for this thread.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@blackheart612 the Krugers look amazing ..so does everything else....just wanted to ask you ..do you want me to update tweakscale file and post it here for the all the new parts,  in case anyone wanted to magic mushroom the parts. 

BTW the CFM looks amazing but i do have to say it has to be a bit bigger in size....thats too small even for the fuselage in your parts and the stock wings... 

P.S.   YOU ROCK!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

Release 12

The time for flaps to be released has finally come :P Might only be for a few people's taste but it's fun to use. It helps in landing and some maneuvers. Here's the formal changelog of the current release (@TMasterson5):

 

Added Mk1 Intake with meshswitches based on Early MiG (15/17) and F-86 Sabre

Added Size 2 Radial Liquid Fuel Mount, the bulky thing on airliner wings

Added FAT wings A to G variants, Airliner type modular wings capable of holding fuel

Added Trailing Edge Two-slot Flap

Added Trailing Edge Slotted Flap

Added Leading Edge Krueger Flap

Added Leading Edge Slat Straight

Added S.P.O.I.L.E.R

Added Elevon 0, a halved Elevon 1 (@Aerospacer)

--

Modified Size 2 Commercial Cockpit mesh to have a better nose

Fixed price of Junior Mk1 Fuel Tank (@fourfa)

Fixed a misplaced CoL on a wing segment

Regulated wing segment prices

---

I hope people enjoy some deeper detailing in wingworks. I've added a video to demonstrate the flaps. I tried to land it the way I remember how landings went on the flights I've been in but it's probably a terrible reenactment. Also linked this on OP.

 

Sweet I'll get to updating the tweakscale download tonight then! Thanks for the tag :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the awesome feedback. I'm glad it was worth it to do em. People are definitely free to patch up configs for the parts, RPM, tweakscale, or even RealPlume for the jet. :)

@mechanicH The CFM is definitely downsized for 1.25m but no part in it is downsized, so if you want it to be closer to the original size, you can use tweakscale :D Like I said above, I encourage people to patch them up if they want to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@blackheart612, tweakscale patch has been updated. It is at the same link so no need to update your OP or anything, just a heads up! On a side note, awesome work man keep it up!

Everyone please let me know if a part of the patch isnt working for you and I will get it fixed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allright! Kudos on this new development!

A question: flaps and slats actually increase lift when deployed, or they merelly act like control surfaces (changing geometry)? Or even, are they merelly aesthetic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, it's been a minute since I KSP'd. Does anyone know if FAR is updated yet? I want to try the new parts, but planebuilding isn't the same without it. Looking GQ, though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Um I know i'm going to sound like a derp, but that's cause I am so.... If I already have the mod installed, do I have to put in the new mod folder or does it update on it's own?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Um I know i'm going to sound like a derp, but that's cause I am so.... If I already have the mod installed, do I have to put in the new mod folder or does it update on it's own?

Replace the old folder with the new folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kiwinanday said:

Replace the old folder with the new folder.

dangit. I'm the most woeful thing ever to walk the planet when it comes to installing stuff... Playing it on the other hand.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mil Mi-8AMTSh:

M860t13.jpg

A little tweakscale, Airplane+, FS for the nose, SMM for the armor plates, and a sprinkling of B9, BDA, Retrofuture, and SM Stryker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Daniel Prates They generate lift but not increase it, unless there's a proper model (such as FAR), it would be much close to a control surfaces. Even then it would be challenging to implement it, probably. Though, increased lift in lesser speeds can be kinda replicated (not simulated). At the video, I'm at full throttle there before landing just to balance out the lift spoiling but it looks like I'm maintaining a slower speed. :P Also, it really helps in landing (and pitching too)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little question, what are the best mods for aircraft, can be parts or other game enhancements. This one is one of the best ones, but are there any other? (i know there are, but dont know which xD)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

@Daniel Prates They generate lift but not increase it, unless there's a proper model (such as FAR), it would be much close to a control surfaces. Even then it would be challenging to implement it, probably. Though, increased lift in lesser speeds can be kinda replicated (not simulated). At the video, I'm at full throttle there before landing just to balance out the lift spoiling but it looks like I'm maintaining a slower speed. :P Also, it really helps in landing (and pitching too)

Thanks! 

I spent the last two days checking out the parts. Excellent! They look pretty good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.