[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

1 hour ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

It does appear the colliders are set to a default of "False" in the SVT download for 2.1.2. From Kerbin.cfg as of right now:

scatters
{
	Scatter
	{
		collide = False
	}
}

...and from EnableColliders.cfg as of right now:

@scatters
{
	@Scatter:HAS[~name[Grass00]]
	{
		%Components
		{
			%ScatterColliders 
			{ 
			}
		}
	}
}

This produces a result of collide = False with an empty ScatterColliders key in the Module Manager config cache. Adding collide = True to EnableColliders.cfg's Scatter key seems to fix it.

There is nothing to fix. The way I have it set up works fine. If I need to post a video, I will. Not sure what problems you are having but the colliders work just fine.

Edited by Galileo

To back up my claim:

Using a fresh install of SVT and Kopernicus:

Spoiler

LircxLf.jpg

which uses this cfg:

Spoiler

y3p12u4.jpg

results in colliders working correctly where they should:

Spoiler

Sb1qGMT.png

and not working in the correct places as well:

Spoiler

lrE0lxi.png

and a short video showing colliders are on:

Spoiler

44 minutes ago, Galileo said:

There is nothing to fix. The way I have it set up works fine.

I'm confused then, since colliders weren't working at first then they worked when I added the collide = value, then they still worked when I removed it.

Cache issue, perhaps? I don't know. You're right, though; the collide = False line seems to be ignored now. 

5 minutes ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

I'm confused then, since colliders weren't working at first then they worked when I added the collide = value, then they still worked when I removed it.

Cache issue, perhaps? I don't know. You're right, though; the collide = False line seems to be ignored now. 

dunno. 

SVE doesn't cache anything, and lets MM and Kopernicus deal with that.

Edited by Galileo

Just now, Galileo said:

or are you not using the latest kopernicus?

Definitely 1.3.1-7, released recently. Made sure to replace Kopernicus, Modular Flight Integrator and Module Manager with the 1.3.1-7 versions. Date stamp was 25 FEB 2018.

I'm having new problems with land textures disappearing at Eve and Laythe low to the ground, but at this rate I'm going to give up and start again with a clean(er) KSP. I did have to add World Stabilizer because of the stupid jumping craft problem in KSP 1.3.1, but I could omit the remaining few add-ons. 

Just now, Gordon Fecyk said:

Definitely 1.3.1-7, released recently. Made sure to replace Kopernicus, Modular Flight Integrator and Module Manager with the 1.3.1-7 versions. Date stamp was 25 FEB 2018.

I'm having new problems with land textures disappearing at Eve and Laythe low to the ground, but at this rate I'm going to give up and start again with a clean(er) KSP. I did have to add World Stabilizer because of the stupid jumping craft problem in KSP 1.3.1, but I could omit the remaining few add-ons. 

yeah do that. sounds like you are having issues beyond SVT and kopernicus. 

i have some problem with this mod.. i'm using RSS and Constellations in 1.2.2 and it makes earth really bright. i think it's happened because the brightness of the added stars didn't decreased by distence. i tried to fix this thing but i can't. what should i do?

*my Kopernicus version is 1.2.2.11.

Edited by BlackDragon Korean

17 minutes ago, BlackDragon Korean said:

i have some problem with this mod.. i'm using RSS and Constellations in 1.2.2 and it makes earth really bright. i think it's happened because the brightness of the added stars didn't decreased by distence. i tried to fix this thing but i can't. what should i do?

*my Kopernicus version is 1.2.2.11.

Don’t use 1.2.2.11

that was a backport if a later 1.3.x version which has features that RSS and constellations aren’t set up for. Use a much earlier version. Probably 1.2.2-3 or somewhere around there.

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

Don’t use 1.2.2.11

that was a backport if a later 1.3.x version which has features that RSS and constellations aren’t set up for. Use a much earlier version. Probably 1.2.2-3 or somewhere around there.

i want use Latest version of RSSVE and it needs 1.2.2.11. 

6 minutes ago, BlackDragon Korean said:

i want use Latest version of RSSVE and it needs 1.2.2.11. 

I don't know what to tell you. Bring it up with the RSS and Constellations guys. There is nothing we can do to help you in this situation. If the mods aren't updated to work correctly with 1.2.2-11, then they arent going to work. 

That said, RSSVE is a visual mod and the 1.2.2 version of kopernicus you use shouldn't matter.

Edited by Galileo

9 hours ago, RussWong said:

how can i provide to you?

Go through the list and collect the information requested in the post.  Upload logs and pictures to a directory on file sharing site, such as Dropbox or Google Drive, and post a link to the directory here.

Hey guys having a issue with the game showing a black screen while the mod is installed. I have the latest version of kopernicus installed. I know the game didn't crash because I can hear the menu music playing and It's showing loading logo spinning in the bottom right hand corner. When I remove  kopernicus the issue goes away, I checked to see if there were any crash logs but I don't see any. I'm running the 64 bit version of the game. 

Edit*  I figured it out guys it was another mod not loading.

Edited by wuping

I'd like to take the chance to drop a little note especially to those of us who are not modders.

If you have planet mods installed and you want KSP 1.4, be sure that you do not install, or have not installed 1.4. Remember that Kopernicus is version locked and will fail.

Do not come complaining here because your game broke. You have had many occasions already to learn how to not let Steam update KSP by itself, and to wait for Kopernicus to catch up.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Hi,

Using GPP and Kopernicus (latest versions), I finally got a probe to Grannus. I still experience a lot of weirdness with my solar panels:

1. My panel output is high because I'm close to Grannus, but the tracking body says Ciro
  2. If I change the tracking body to Grannus, get a very small output, like it's tracking Ciro
  3. If I select a tracking body, it does not persist on scene changes.
  4. If I put the panel in shade from Grannus, I get a status that it's blocked by something (correct), energy flow very high (incorrect), Tracking body: Ciro (also incorrect).

Will logs be needed?

Thanks

Sorry for the delay, but I am not going to release a Kopernicus for 1.4.0, due to time reasons, and because I don't like that the first patch gets announced together with the release (if 1.4.1 comes anyway I don't see why I should spend time trying to update to a codebase that might just break everything again).

If you want planets, please stay on 1.3.1 until 1.4.1 comes out and I will have the time to update.

2 hours ago, Thomas P. said:

Sorry for the delay, but I am not going to release a Kopernicus for 1.4.0, due to time reasons, and because I don't like that the first patch gets announced together with the release (if 1.4.1 comes anyway I don't see why I should spend time trying to update to a codebase that might just break everything again).

If you want planets, please stay on 1.3.1 until 1.4.1 comes out and I will have the time to update.

That makes total sense. I'm going to use this next week/month/however to play stock and remind myself why I need mods. :D

7 hours ago, Thomas P. said:

Sounds good, thanks for the update.

On 3/9/2018 at 10:29 PM, Thomas P. said:

Thank you, I'll be waiting for this (old boi who left the community so much time ago)

Hey! Did something change with scaledspace textures in the most recent update? Kopernicus doesn't seem to find the planet textures in Spectra anymore in 1.4; Only the stock textures are appearing.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

32 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Hey! Did something change with scaledspace textures in the most recent update? Kopernicus doesn't seem to find the planet textures in Spectra anymore in 1.4; Only the stock textures are appearing.

Well, Kopernicus isn’t updated to work in 1.4 yet lol that may explain it. It’s version locked so it will only work on 1.3.1.

Edited by Galileo

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

Well, Kopernicus isn’t updated to work in 1.4 yet lol that may explain it. It’s version locked so it will only work on 1.3.1.

:blush: Just realized I forgot to mention it wasn't updated... I'll wait happily :') feel like such a dunce now

Edited by Avera9eJoe

On 3/3/2018 at 2:25 PM, Gordon Fecyk said:

I believe if you have a saved game with collide = True in it, you have to use %collide = False to turn it off. 

I'm trying to create a planet with PQSMod. It looks fine from a distance, but as soon as I get into orbit of it:

MU7H3Lh.png

How do I fix this?

Also, here's the config:

@Kopernicus:FOR[modName]
{
    Body
    {
        name = VoronoiCraters1
        Template
        {
            name = Gilly
            removeAllPQSMods = true
        }
        Properties
        {
            description = VertexPlanet is a PQSMod that allows for in-depth customisable procedural generation of worlds.
            radius = 20000
        }
        Orbit
        {
            referenceBody = Mun
            semiMajorAxis = 1599918
            inclination = 2.76
            eccentricity = 0.34
            longitudeOfAscendingNode = 154.66
            argumentOfPeriapsis = 75.56
            meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0.48
            epoch = 0
            color = 0.4, 0.3, 0.2, 1.0
        }
        ScaledVersion
        {
            type = Vacuum
            fadeStart = 95000
            fadeEnd = 97000

Material
            {
                texture = modName/PQSMod/PluginData/VC1Color.dds
                normals = modName/PQSMod/PluginData/VC1Normal.dds
                shininess = 0
                specColor = 0,0,0,1
            }
        }
        PQS
        {
            Mods
            {
                VertexHeightOffset
                {
                    offset = 2000
                    enabled = true
                    order = 100
                }
                VoronoiCraters
                {
                    deformation = 500
                    voronoiSeed = 824
                    voronoiDisplacement = 0
                    voronoiFrequency = 3
                    CraterCurve
                    {
                        key = -0.9982381 -0.7411783 -0.06500059 -0.06500059
                        key = -0.9332262 -0.7678316 -0.2176399 -0.2176399
                        key = -0.8990405 -0.7433339 -2.560626 -2.560626
                        key = -0.7445966 -0.8581167 0.4436148 0.4436148
                        key = -0.4499771 -0.1392395 5.289535 5.289535
                        key = -0.4015177 0.2551735 9.069458 -2.149609
                        key = -0.2297457 0.002857953 -0.4453675 -0.4453675
                        key = 0.2724952 0.00423781 -0.01884932 -0.01884932
                        key = 0.9998434 -0.004090764 0.01397126 0.01397126
                    }
                    simplexSeed = 123123
                    simplexOctaves = 3
                    simplexPersistence = 0.5
                    simplexFrequency = 120
                    jitter = 0.1
                    jitterHeight = 3
                    JitterCurve
                    {
                        key = -1.000701 0.4278412 0.1577609 0.1577609
                        key = -0.7884969 0.09487452 -0.7739663 -0.7739663
                        key = -0.6091803 0.072019 0.123537 0.123537
                        key = -0.3930514 0.3903495 3.300831 3.300831
                        key = -0.3584836 0.8643304 0.07139917 0.07139917
                        key = -0.2988068 0.002564805 -0.01814346 -0.01814346
                        key = 0.9970253 0.003401639 0 0
                    }
                    rFactor = 1
                    rOffset = 1
                    colorOpacity = 0.7
                    DebugColorMapping = False
                    enabled = True
                    order = 100
                }
                VertexSimplexNoiseColor
                {
                    seed = 123
                    blend = 1
                    colorStart = 0.2, 0.15, 0.1, 1.0
                    colorEnd = 0.5, 0.45, 0.4, 1.0
                    octaves = 20
                    persistence = 0.5
                    frequency = 3
                    enabled = true
                    order = 100
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

Edited by Clockwork13

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.