Stock Community Space Program [New Thread by Scientia]

DMSP

3 hours ago, Spartwo said:

You took me off?!

OH, CRAP! I did!

Would you be ok with being later in the Month? I've added you in now, it will be a hassle, but is that ok?

57 minutes ago, quasarrgames said:

@DMSP, could i take the 25th-26th? I shall build:

-a ring around unity station

-a sizeable minmus mining rig

-a large interplanetary tug

If each thing is under 40 or so parts, you're good!

On 21. september 2016 at 3:49 PM, Flamingo said:

Here it is without lights and with the antenna retracted:

Ekug672.png

And here with everything unfolded:

aaToxt8.png

@DMSP I thought i was going to get on the list with this thing here^^^?;.;

Well never mind, as long as i get on the list im good :sticktongue:

Edited by Flamingo

5 minutes ago, Noname117 said:

I've got a busy October ahead of me where I want to do many things. Plus I don't know what payload to launch. Somebody else can have my current slot and I might consider going for another in November or December

Maybe that could be me?

4 hours ago, Scientia1423 said:

@DMSP, didn't I sent a shuttle to the station? Because I can't see it on the OP...

JlzjVkY.png

Yes you did. Did you ever send me the save? Were you the last person to have it before I left?

11 hours ago, Scientia1423 said:

Yes I did, I already sent it in the PM then because you didn't respond afterwards I gave it straight to zoonamedgames.

Aright! Thanks!

11 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Can I step back in?

Yup, you're in on the 7th-8th.

Alright! My turn is done, and I'll pass it onto @Scientia1423 now.

I would also like to say, that at more than 300 parts, the official construction of Unity Station is complete. We are now the Stock Community Space Program.

Well done guys.

I've launched the first ships that will head to Duna, an empty CTV and a Duna rover, along with a ComSat for Duna orbit.

I officially start the second official stage, also known as The Duna Exodus.

Let's do this!

Some of the larger rockets I have built, for sure...

Spoiler

vgKC8Gk.pngSa2B8Km.pngrVjcTgY.png

First version of the rover, named The Wheels are Blocked

icitom2.pngnRItgaR.png

The final working version was sent up on this very tall lifter.

FqQhC9d.png

Also, I'm considering reevaluating the rules of SSTOs and reusable lifters. Maybe bonus launches for using them (until they crash or something)?

What do you guys think?

For the sake of planification, what is the date in SCSP? (cc transfer windows to other planets).

Also, here's a proposition for a SCSP logo/flag. Do we have any color code or palette associated with SCSP? I'm not entirely convinced by the color choices. 

MphaBCy.png

[edit: added shadows & larger text, darker arms]

Edited by valens
image updates

@DMSP

This looks like a lot of fun!  Can I request a slot?  I'm going to be out of town when the list ends right now, but would love a slot sometime around November 5th-6th.

And are there any other unwritten rules?  Stylistic best practices?  Or just an authoritative "Go forth, and make the station(s) awesome"...?

Would you mind making the save public? So that people could actually "fly" the stations or plan ahead of time - without actively participating, or to try out their ideas before their time slot comes?

Personally, I'm tossing around an idea... a station around an asteroid? If you guys like that, I could bring a Class E or two into LKO if you give me a time slot for a moment when one crosses Kerbin SOI.

8 hours ago, Norcalplanner said:

@DMSP

This looks like a lot of fun!  Can I request a slot?  I'm going to be out of town when the list ends right now, but would love a slot sometime around November 5th-6th.

And are there any other unwritten rules?  Stylistic best practices?  Or just an authoritative "Go forth, and make the station(s) awesome"...?

5 hours ago, Sharpy said:

Would you mind making the save public? So that people could actually "fly" the stations or plan ahead of time - without actively participating, or to try out their ideas before their time slot comes?

Personally, I'm tossing around an idea... a station around an asteroid? If you guys like that, I could bring a Class E or two into LKO if you give me a time slot for a moment when one crosses Kerbin SOI.

I'd like to refrain from making the save public, for now.

Slots in November could definitely come up, but November is quite a bit away.

33 minutes ago, TwinKerbal said:

Question: Can you allow longer time warps (with permissions only!)?

To get to Duna..... It is like a 1y mission, certainly not 30 days.

Only with permission though.

You could launch the craft and set it on its way and then other people can take their turns while it's travelling towards Duna.  Maybe leave instructions for what it's supposed to do once it reaches SOI so that the next player can do the capture burn or landing or whatever.  Let's see what @dmsp suggests.

Someone skip my turn, I won't have enough time to create the launch vehicle I need for my payload as I need to properly test it unlike I did with the other station modules since it's going to Duna.

@DMSP, Is it alright if I take the first slot in november?

Edited by Scientia1423

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.