What are you buying this Steam Sale?

HoloYolo

Purchases  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What will you buy?

• Games/Series
    • DLC for games
    • Other (Yes, there are other things than games on Steam)

grabbing "wisely" a few more "waiting for some time with the right mood to play this game" too, steam sales ... sigh ... so as the said list is already hugely long only grabbed a few high discount ones i had in my wish/follow list since a while ^^

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

I'll probably pick up Salt and Black Mesa, but that's about it, nothing else on Steam really looks good to me right now and I'm still working my way through my Skyrim bucket list. Maybe during the summer sale I'll pick up Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord... I'm very much waiting for that and the opportunity to buy Kingdom Come: Deliverance, but I can only get a AAA-priced game every so often, probably late January methinks.

So far I haven't seen anything I particularly want, and in general the discounts don't seem as good as previous sales.  (This has been a running trend over the last 2-3 steam sales tbh.)

Also there's the common problem of games I've already bought cheap and still haven't gotten around to.

I may just sit this one out and wait to see what the Christmas sale brings.

yup yup as said @pxi mostly the same concern , more than 50 games i already bought from previous sales and not get enough times yet to play deeply, as i wish i like to usually do,  so only grabbed five more for now, because high discount/and/or/long time in my wish/follow list ^^, if you'r curious :

Spoiler

81a3Dsj.png

Edited by WinkAllKerb''
but anyway i m kinda stuck on factorio lately ^^

I still have to finish KSP so I can actually play my 4-year-long pile of other games I've never touched...

That said, I did get a few from my wishlist that were *so* cheap I bought like 4 of them for the price of a Big Mac.

2 hours ago, Dafni said:

This catched my eye though, Take On Mars, anyone know this??? http://store.steampowered.com/app/244030/

Has been on my wishlist for some time! I just haven't bought it cause... KSP, you know...

59 minutes ago, monstah said:

Has been on my wishlist for some time! I just haven't bought it cause... KSP, you know...

Ya, I know. Same here. Same goes for Waking Mars too. KSP just never seems to get old for me.

I have a couple things on my wishlist that are on sale, but, a) the prices aren't all that great, and, b) my credit card is already screaming from buying all the kids presents. Might pick up a couple at or below $10: CS:GO and Beyond Earth. Video game stocking stuffers.

Just now, TheSaint said:

I have a couple things on my wishlist that are on sale, but, a) the prices aren't all that great, and, b) my credit card is already screaming from buying all the kids presents. Might pick up a couple at or below $10: CS:GO and Beyond Earth. Video game stocking stuffers.

I'd avoid CS:GO if you get mad easily or suck at FPS games.

14 minutes ago, HoloYolo said:

I'd avoid CS:GO if you get mad easily or suck at FPS games.

LOL Well, I'm neither of those. I currently have CS: Source, but I only really play it single-player against the bots for an occasional time killer. I figured if I upgraded to GO I'd get better graphics and some new maps.

Just now, TheSaint said:

LOL Well, I'm neither of those. I currently have CS: Source, but I only really play it single-player against the bots for an occasional time killer. I figured if I upgraded to GO I'd get better graphics and some new maps.

Just avoid Casual at all costs. It's for your own good.

Let's see, I got the two Skyrim DLCs that I needed (Dawnguard and Dragonborn) for $12 total (would have been $40 total if I hadn't waited).  Also bought into a few Early Access games (because up-and-coming devs need support too!), which were Gloria Victis and Kingdoms.

It's not on Steam, but I am planning on getting Battlefield 1 before X-mas.

I've already got the following:

Reigns,
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance,
Mini Metro,
Evoland,
Massive Chalice.

I've already played Reigns and Evoland quite a bit, they are great, and I would recommend them to everyone on this thread.

Edited by CAKE99

On 11/23/2016 at 10:39 AM, Dman979 said:

Probably nothing. I just got a new game recently, so I'm still enjoying it.

On a related note, anyone play Squad?

I don't have Squad (saving up for a GTX 1070), but @ZooNamedGames has it.

I got Counter-Strike: Source, Half Life 1: Source, and Left 4 Dead 1 for $5, so that's nice.

3 hours ago, HoloYolo said:

Just avoid Casual at all costs. It's for your own good.

+1 to this. Casual is horrible, it's terrifying, and for the love of God stay away from it. CS:S is much better if you want to do 'casual'.

(pinging @TheSaint, and CS:CZ Deleted Scenes is also a good singleplayer game)

Edited by legoclone09

On 11/23/2016 at 1:39 PM, Dman979 said:

Probably nothing. I just got a new game recently, so I'm still enjoying it.

On a related note, anyone play Squad?

As @legoclone09 said, I have Squad. Friend me on Steam/Discord so we can game together sometime.

5 hours ago, Mjp1050 said:

I picked up Morrowind. Unrelated to the Steam sale, I noticed that EVE Online now has a free-to-play version, so I picked that up, too.

Ah Morrowind... fantastic game. Course I played it on DISC and when Steam didn't exist. 

A world that's literally massive... just don't mind the cliffracers... they're everywhere. Once you play, you'll see and hear them in your sleep.

Edited by ZooNamedGames