What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

I slept in for the first time in my life today. Turns out that I forgot to even turn on the alarm at all.
I just woke up, looked at my clock, read "7:50" (school begins at 7:54) and thought "<insert 2.2g-violation here>, I'm done".

6 minutes ago, Delay said:

I slept in for the first time in my life today. Turns out that I forgot to even turn on the alarm at all.
I just woke up, looked at my clock, read "7:50" (school begins at 7:54) and thought "<insert 2.2g-violation here>, I'm done".

welcome_to_real_life_spaceballs.gif

Launched my first high power rocket today! It was so cold my phone and tablet both died when I tried to record video with them outside the car. The rocket went over 1% of the way to space!

The video I took with my laptop is corrupted somehow - basically there seems to be a .mp4 video saved, but the "stop" button didn't get pressed because the computer died of cold. I think there should be some way to recover it, but VLC won't play it and it's still broken when uploaded to Google Photos. I wonder if there's some sort of stop "codon" that I can paste on the end to tell it that the video has an end that would make it playable? If anyone could share any tips that might help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Edited by cubinator

Yesterday I was dragged along to see The Grinch with my family. I didn’t want to see it because I was worried Illumination would mess it up with pop culture references and adding significant changes to the story. However, I was pleasantly surprised that it stayed pretty true to the original. It wasn’t one of the best animated films of the year — there are certainly some problems with the writing, and some of the humor doesn’t work — but I generally liked it, and it can stand rather well on its own. Unlike the Jim Carrey one, this adaptation is less over-the-top, keeps the spirit of Dr. Seuss, and respects both the original source material and the characters from it. There are surprisingly very few pop culture references (unless you count classic Christmas songs). It also, in my opinion, has a better backstory for the Grinch and much more appealing and Seuss-style visuals. I wouldn’t say this is a must-watch, but it’s a pretty decent film for the holiday season. It’s not as good as the classic Chuck Jones version, but a significant upgrade from the Jim Carrey version.

Also the theatre I was at had reclining and heated seats. That by itself made the experience worth it. 

I don't know for you, but I got a beautiful and awesome day!

At first, I ended my work earlier and decided to go to Playalinda to take some pictures of the F9 static fire. The weather was beautiful all along, or almost.

Then, it happened (drum rolls)...

Spoiler

w9ZyEXg.gif

Nothing apparently serious for my Korean tin-can, but the FR-S enjoyed a nice facelift.

Anyway, just some pictures and information later I decided to keep going to the spotting location, but everybody ended under another heavy rain shower. The visibility was so poor that I decided to go back home.

Strangely, I'm finding all this chain of messy events funny. Otherwise I would be good to turn completely mad.