Well

[1.3] Lockheed Kerbin CEV 0.1 [2017-06-03]

Recommended Posts

( Sorry for my English, its not my native language )

This Shuttle is now include in my new Mod Knes : 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

ozEg3Sj.jpg

 

The Lockheed Kerbin Crew Exploration Vehicle. A small Space Shuttle shaped lifting body design big enough for five astronauts and their equipment. Its airplane-shaped design made it easier to navigate during high-speed returns to Kerbin than the capsule-shaped vehicles of the past.

Inspired by the Lokheed Martin project (2005) for replacement of shuttle

Spoiler

LM_CEV.jpg

The Lift is insane, Launch inside a Fairing !!!   5m launchers recommanded

OaNOvbx.jpg

Download: Curse

Licence : Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) 

CC-BY-NC-ND.png

 

ChangeLog:

Spoiler

Lockheed Kerbin CEV 0.1 [2016-08-17]
-------------------------------

    - Initial upload

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IVA from Contares mod (Pinbol IVA), made by @hraban  modified and retextured by me.
Used with his authorization. Contares Mod :

IVA Under Creative Commons licence :
Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0)
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/ 

NearFutureProps-0.5.0 used for 4 items

ECZiHnY.jpg
More Pictures :

Spoiler

 

VGyO5TX.jpg

HK9EI1m.jpg

tJsQwgn.jpg

 

 

Edited by Well
Update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks pretty cool!

Does it have a config for realism overhaul? That would be FAB!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't use realism overhaul, but he have a very good shield, may be enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Note : At present, the cev has no means of production of electricity, for future, it's an element of possible addition. I hesitate between a simple internal reactor ( rtg ) or an additional part (monoprop fuelcell).

The concept of lockheed martin proposed a double launch for every mission. Certainly the main reason of the refusal of the NASA for this project.

lifting_bodyCEV.jpg

A unique launch for the set would be possible with a big launcher, for me the best choice it's a NASA Direct v3.0 launcher or SLS

Mod DIRECT by @benjee10 is my best choice, but not updated, in hold :

I would like to be able to include configuration of launch (.craft), but that need to rebuild the necessary parts, and I do not have a lot of time for the modding actually. :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's an an unusual query: Is there any reason this will cause problems if used in 1.2.2?

I probably won't be updating to 1.3 for at least 6 months, I am more interested in using my usual suite of mods than the small changes brought by the latest update.

I'll have a go at it and see what happens... Great mod Well, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jabbman said:

Here's an an unusual query: Is there any reason this will cause problems if used in 1.2.2?

I probably won't be updating to 1.3 for at least 6 months, I am more interested in using my usual suite of mods than the small changes brought by the latest update.

I'll have a go at it and see what happens... Great mod Well, thanks!

No problem i think (no dll) , but some tests would be preferable before adding the mod has your career 1.2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Starslinger999 said:

Does it have a cargo Bay?

No, there is enough available shuttle for KSP. Correspondingly has the basic idea of the project Lockheed Martin, the back section consists of crew hab, cargo and equipment. So that the vehicle is really interesting, I added an important capacity of KIS cargo !

The CEV is a vehicle with high protection and important habitability, for travels them in the deep space and low orbit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Well said:

No, there is enough available shuttle for KSP. Correspondingly has the basic idea of the project Lockheed Martin, the back section consists of crew hab, cargo and equipment. So that the vehicle is really interesting, I added an important capacity of KIS cargo !

The CEV is a vehicle with high protection and important habitability, for travels them in the deep space and low orbit.

Cool! Might use this in my Modded Jool 5 because i do need a shuttle that can carry 5 crew... ;D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool part. As for internal rtg, while it makes sense, I'd prefer if it's not there - IMHO it goes against the lego-like nature of the game.

About launching it, why do you recommend 5m launchers? I've tried with two radially attached kickbacks and got into orbit without issue. As for constructive criticism, I think where it's lacking is with integration with the rest of the parts. Radial attachments requiring fiddling with the rotation gizmo to get the parts straight (then again, given the shape, I doubt there is a way around that), and it would be cool if you could add an adapter the form factor at the bottom of the pod and the Mk2 form factor, or the 3.75m form factor, so stacking it looks more "organic". I also have mixed feelings about the nose. The top rcs and the texture is ok, but on the other hand, while there is an attachment node at the top (and I haven't tried it) it doesn't look like it would play well with attaching 1.25m parts, like a parachute, a klaw or a forward docking port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, juanml82 said:

Cool part. As for internal rtg, while it makes sense, I'd prefer if it's not there - IMHO it goes against the lego-like nature of the game.

About launching it, why do you recommend 5m launchers? I've tried with two radially attached kickbacks and got into orbit without issue. As for constructive criticism, I think where it's lacking is with integration with the rest of the parts. Radial attachments requiring fiddling with the rotation gizmo to get the parts straight (then again, given the shape, I doubt there is a way around that), and it would be cool if you could add an adapter the form factor at the bottom of the pod and the Mk2 form factor, or the 3.75m form factor, so stacking it looks more "organic". I also have mixed feelings about the nose. The top rcs and the texture is ok, but on the other hand, while there is an attachment node at the top (and I haven't tried it) it doesn't look like it would play well with attaching 1.25m parts, like a parachute, a klaw or a forward docking port.

In low position radial, the launch is possible (Style shuttle). But it is especially because some could be to try to launch it inline with a 2.5m launcher without fairing In this case the control is too difficult. not impossible.

I recommend a 5m launcher mainly because the real concept of the vehicle had to be launch in this way, Inside a fairing with a escape tower (reason of the presence of a node in the nose, in the center of gravity)

Sorry for the difficult integration with other parts of the game. I don't see possibility without destroying the visual aspect of the vehicle, sorry.

It's a mod, not a stock part. It's stock a like in look and texture, it's not bad i think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About integration, if you want, you can add a bottom adapter from the bottom form factor to stock form factors of similar size. Also, again if you want, you can throw in a second version without the nose and with an attachment node there instead

Edited by juanml82

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2017 at 5:05 AM, Jabbman said:

Here's an an unusual query: Is there any reason this will cause problems if used in 1.2.2?

I probably won't be updating to 1.3 for at least 6 months, I am more interested in using my usual suite of mods than the small changes brought by the latest update.

I'll have a go at it and see what happens... Great mod Well, thanks!

Man, I feel ya. It always take forever for my almost 200 mods to get updated. Thanks for asking the question I was wondering!

I'll definitely be using this! It's completely awesome for transferring crew back and forth to a space station.

Really great job, @Well!

Edited by Rhedd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2017 at 1:18 PM, Well said:

 

is this mod complete or will you be adding more? i'd love to have the services and orbital modules

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, zakkpaz said:

is this mod complete or will you be adding more? i'd love to have the services and orbital modules

I don't really have time to manage any larger mods right now. At least i'd like to realize an orbital module.

At the moment I advise you to realize the orbital module with the module Hitchhiker of the game and the solar panels.

I shall supply certainly files craft using the parts of the game, for various mission.

Mainly :

- Only CEV for mission in LEO (observation, crew rotation for station, or science).
- CEV with module for mission LEO (Station construction).
- CEV and module with propulsion stage (deep space mission)

 

Still needs some balance so all feedback welcome!

Edited by Well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Kottabos test.        Thanks to him :wink:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just made an interesting discovery. If you attach a cockpit MK2 has the front then which you make it slide in adequate position ... you obtain an absolutely brilliant vessel! Have fun!
 

P90U147.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Notice : This mod is now included in the Pack "Knes" with a different name.

CtZYODM.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Modo Please close this thread

Edited by Well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.