Air Superiority Fighter Competition Continued

exbyde

@Box of Stardust - so to address your issue with the HP being too high I went and finished off the HP and Armor Editor for BDAc v1.1 ... I just uploaded it to my github and it should help with the HP balance that you are looking for

On another note, I also have the HP Balancer that will balance damage across the whole craft, let me know if you're interested as it is another avenue that you could look at for making the battles more balanced ... It's still in the dev phase but could be used to assign a certain amount of HP to a vessel and have it spread evenly across the parts after which, while in battle, the hp damage will be spread across all parts essentially giving you the ability to assign a whole craft a specific amount of hp :wink:

Anyways, here's the thread link for the HP and Armor Editor:

Hope this helps :)

24 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

@Box of Stardust - so to address your issue with the HP being too high I went and finished off the HP and Armor Editor for BDAc v1.1 ... I just uploaded it to my github and it should help with the HP balance that you are looking for

On another note, I also have the HP Balancer that will balance damage across the whole craft, let me know if you're interested as it is another avenue that you could look at for making the battles more balanced ... It's still in the dev phase but could be used to assign a certain amount of HP to a vessel and have it spread evenly across the parts after which, while in battle, the hp damage will be spread across all parts essentially giving you the ability to assign a whole craft a specific amount of hp :wink:

Anyways, here's the thread link for the HP and Armor Editor:

Hope this helps :)

Awesome! I believe that could be just what we're looking for, at least partially. Will test later.

Many thanks.

I understand it's just in its first release, but I suggest also adding a way to assign HP by percentage of default part HP.

And yes, I definitely would like to see the craft-wide HP balancer happen, I think that would be a good dynamic.

Edited by Box of Stardust

17 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

Awesome! I believe that could be just what we're looking for, at least partially. Will test later.

Many thanks.

I understand it's just in its first release, but I suggest also adding a way to assign HP by percentage of default part HP.

And yes, I definitely would like to see the craft-wide HP balancer happen, I think that would be a good dynamic.

Well the HP Balancer is already a thing so I could clean it up a bit and add a menu for turning it off and on as well as adding your suggestion of a HP modifier to modify all parts on a craft to a % of each parts max HP respectively, shouldn't be that difficult :)

I'll play around a bit and see what I can put together for you ... I can likely add a total HP readout on screen as well so you can see a crafts total HP

Edited by DoctorDavinci

1 hour ago, Box of Stardust said:

@53miner53 P-5 Flash (but I seem to have problems with ProcWings because it won't load despite having it installed)

I'll assume you also have Airplane+ working, but you got PWings from here, right? Also, I've updated it recently to deal with an issue with a phantom probe core, so you might want to redownload it, just in case. 

1 minute ago, 53miner53 said:

I'll assume you also have Airplane+ working, but you got PWings from here, right? Also, I've updated it recently to deal with an issue with a phantom probe core, so you might want to redownload it, just in case. 

Well, the weird thing is I was actually able to load it before, but my recent download... uh, broke it?

Just now, Box of Stardust said:

Well, the weird thing is I was actually able to load it before, but my recent download... uh, broke it?

If the recent download was from yesterday, then that could probably be the problem. If redownloading the mod and the plane doesn't work, then I might have to try redownloading PWings and see if I have an older version of it. 

2 hours ago, Box of Stardust said:

Hey all, figured it's a good time for an update on the current state of the leaderboard and the queue.

1 PEGASys-D3
2 Vampire Squirrel
3 TFD mod A
4 Viper-ASP MkIIc
5 Gunbrick (testing to be continued)

Queue:

1. @Box of Stardust Gunbrick (in testing)
  2. @prgmTrouble X-15 Exoneratis Hirundo
  3. @Earthlinger Berzerker 2.1
  4. @ZLM-Master V-TEK (replaces VG-D3.4-PG in queue, as far as I understood)
  5. @53miner53 P-5 Flash (but I seem to have problems with ProcWings because it won't load despite having it installed)
  6. @Wolf5698 Lynx
  7. @Wolf5698 Cheetah
  8. @ZLM-Master Rafale (still sure about this?)
  9. @GillyMonster Dart II
  10. @dundun93 TFD 2.1
  11. @Box of Stardust Basilisk -C3
  12. @Box of Stardust CShRAID
  13. @goduranus Vampire Squirrel B
  14. @dundun92 Du-5Rs
  15. @dundun92 Du-6S "Diode"
  16. @dundun93 A26

17. @dundun92 Du-8C 

Current leaderboard and non-exhaustive selections from the queue:

cHSbJDs.png

Ermuhgerd...my fighter is way too big for the rest of these...I definitely did not follow the trend.

Edited by GillyMonster

1 hour ago, 53miner53 said:

If the recent download was from yesterday, then that could probably be the problem. If redownloading the mod and the plane doesn't work, then I might have to try redownloading PWings and see if I have an older version of it. 

Still does not open, and I reinstalled PWings and also have B9 PWings installed.

Your craft also never seems to download correctly and gets downloaded as two files:

1. a file with no type

2. what seems to be a temporary file with 0 kb data and doesn't actually register as a file and can't be deleted normally (which was a source of minor frustration until I figured out how to)

10 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

Still does not open, and I reinstalled PWings and also have B9 PWings installed.

Your craft also never seems to download correctly and gets downloaded as two files:

1. a file with no type

2. what seems to be a temporary file with 0 kb data and doesn't actually register as a file and can't be deleted normally (which was a source of minor frustration until I figured out how to)

Don't know whats happening with that, it worked just fine when I tried downloading it, but here is a link to a copy in my google drive. Hopefully this one works. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gbIGyjO0WtHqMFjYYe7LAKBs2CKD4CkG

Edit: did not test the copy in game, but it was a .craft file. 

Edited by 53miner53

@Box of Stardust Yep V-TEK insteed of VG

I sould replaced Rafale , it's tottaly out perform in the actual leaderbord . I got new one , but not tweaked yet .

I made a quick crash test , with my own plane with absolutly all parts with 200 Hitpoints , You can see how damage is with this tune !

xw7iIoV.jpg

As i read below , a SPH tune will be great :wink:

EDIT : Great , it's far easy now to tune all that parts !

Edited by ZLM-Master

1 minute ago, ZLM-Master said:

@Box of Stardust Yep V-TEK insteed of VG

I sould replaced Rafale , it's tottaly out perform in the actual leaderbord . I got new one , but not tweaked yet .

I made a quick crash test , with my own plane with absolutly all parts with 200 Hitpoints , You can see how damage is with this tune !

xw7iIoV.jpg

As i read below , a SPH tune will be great :wink:

That seems more normal. Did you try testing against your VG without touching HP though? It's nuts.

2 hours ago, 53miner53 said:

Don't know whats happening with that, it worked just fine when I tried downloading it, but here is a link to a copy in my google drive. Hopefully this one works. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gbIGyjO0WtHqMFjYYe7LAKBs2CKD4CkG

Edit: did not test the copy in game, but it was a .craft file. 

Still doesn't open, and I reinstalled the mods. It's noting a PWings issue.

28 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

Still doesn't open, and I reinstalled the mods. It's noting a PWings issue.

I’m probably running an older version of PWings then. I’ll see if I can tell which version. 

Edit: I have version 0.12.2 for 1.3.0, but I’m using it in 1.3.1... :P

Edited by 53miner53

4 hours ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

bcs mai F-22N isn't queued more, so i'm entering this 
https://kerbalx.com/dimas_1502/KF-XIF-X-C-100
basically my previous entry, but with more mods and different name
6 amraam inside

Maybe don't use AMRAAMs, all leaderboard planes have ECM, AMRAAMs will never fire.

Who ever runs next rounds, myself included, maybe make a note to run this one first, cuz he's replacing his old plane which was pretty high on the queue, not submitting a new one.

Edited by goduranus

36 minutes ago, Thorn_Ike said:

On the account of many of my unarmed test fighters exploding (long story), is Kerbal Joint Reinforcement allowed once it's updated?

I don't think so, as it changes game physics. Why do ur planes explode though? 

1 hour ago, Thorn_Ike said:

On the account of many of my unarmed test fighters exploding (long story), is Kerbal Joint Reinforcement allowed once it's updated?

There's no reason it isn't, except that no one usually has it installed.

My first entries were all tested with KJR on my end, but forgot how wobbly stock was. You can look back in the thread in the page 40 range for Viper vs Wasp.

My solution now is just Editor Extensions Redux (which frankly, everyone should use), and use its toggle 'All rigid' and 'Autostrut: Root part' feature. I'd say it's about 95% effective as KJR.

31 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

Just spam canards.

I think something like 60% of PEGASys's lift comes from control surfaces lol. 

Yopyop :wink:

I build a new Cool Craft who can replace my outdatted Rafale . It's a Twin Vulcan Drone Fighter not bad at all .

It's a 5 Tons less craft without RW Lightly Weaponned .

8Mu6yXp.jpg

@Box of Stardust :wink: Right , VG with default Hitpoints was just a 'Flying Tank' XD ; i build it before BDAc release so that wasn't intended , but just hazard .

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.