The Ultimate Jool 5 Challenge Continued

4 hours ago, KingDominoIII said:

Kinda. Lots of life stuff and at this point, I'm going to have to restructure my mission if I end up going through with it. 

Focus on what you're really into right now, good luck !

10 minutes ago, GRS said:

I mean safe from the rules, i'm talking about that cub in the center.

Oh yeah, of course. Let me find a pic of what I consider acceptable for future reference.

FP0s2AA.pngThis would be the limit for clipping this engine @GRS

6 minutes ago, JacobJHC said:

Oh yeah, of course. Let me find a pic of what I consider acceptable for future reference.

FP0s2AA.pngThis would be the limit for clipping this engine @GRS

Thanks, now i only need to build "Sheep v2" and perfect it, will still land on Dres, hopefully land on Minmus after that.

@GRS Yeah... I am currently in the testing phase of my mission. I will send pics when done. I am stuck with fitting three landers on mothership: or even two creates asymmetric weight- Vall Bop and Pol lander weighs roughly 6t and Laythe lander (still under revision is closer to 15-20. I'm trying to get a realistic feel, so the nuclear mothership is being constructed in LKO.  Any advice? 

Edited by SiriusRocketry

32 minutes ago, SiriusRocketry said:

@GRS Yeah... I am currently in the testing phase of my mission. I will send pics when done. I am stuck with fitting three landers on mothership: or even two creates asymmetric weight- Vall Bop and Pol lander weighs roughly 6t and Laythe lander (still under revision is closer to 15-20. I'm trying to get a realistic feel, so the nuclear mothership is being constructed in LKO.  Any advice? 

This is how I packed my cargo bay for my mission.

Spoiler

Clockwise from top left: "Laythie" SSTO, "Polly" and "Boppy" landers (2 copies), "Tyletto" lander, "Vall" lander.

h2e7A39.png

Packing order: All landing craft are mounted with docking ports, inside a cargo bay made from two of the long Mk 3 parts. Laythie goes first, fore and low, with an additional stack separator adapter between its inline port and the mothership's. Above that goes Valliant. Aft of Laythie is a truss to mount the other landers. Polly and Boppy go above Laythie's tail. All the way aft is Tyletto.

k2rUzhk.png

1 hour ago, SiriusRocketry said:

May as well as make a repurpose-able Tylo Lander so that you can go with Vall and Bop-Pol afterwards, maybe bring some refuels, my Tythe 2.0 could land on all moons with 2 Kerbals and weighs 22 Tons. An older version has 15 Tons with a Kerbal, but can only handle Laythe and Tylo.

Edited by GRS

21 hours ago, SiriusRocketry said:

Some tricks that helped me -

if the landers are assymetrical, lower the fuel levels in the heavier one (keep it in the nuclear stage and transfer it to the lander when you're ready to deploy).

Laythe and Tylo can take similar masses so try to balance them on opposite sides. (My best Laythe was 5.25t, Tylo was closer to 12t I think)

Bop, Pol, and even Vall can be handled with extremely light landers if you're careful. Whatever you got you can probably go lower with caution.

Good luck

10 hours ago, PhoenixRise86 said:

My best Laythe was 5.25t, Tylo was closer to 12t I think

Just saying, you're literally my opposite, my Laythes cant go below 10 tons, Tylos below 5 tons for some reason, currently doing a Level 2 and Tythe 2.0 is in its final form.

Edited by GRS

On 1/16/2019 at 11:47 PM, SiriusRocketry said:

Just get a fairing with the truss structure enabled and place docking ports on the nodes and have the landers attached centrally. Like I did here:

Tylo takes like 5400 to 4540 mathematically, Laythe should take around 3000, over 5000 if its not aerodynamic.

@JacobJHC, here's a submission (hopefuly Level 2)

Album here.

Craft here.

KSP : 1.5

Mods : KER, Nereid FF, Trajectories.

Mass : around 3000 tons.

Parts : nearly 400 parts.

Delta-v : over 19000 m/s.

Crew : Simone Kerman, Jebediah Kerman, Valentina Kerman.

Additional stop(s) : Dres, Minmus, Mun

Feats No shock absorbers (again), One lander only (again).

g3c6JeD.png

DxwgRmH.png

xqiODV6.png

CtDt9eM.png

zmqfJer.png

T8hhuCO.png

PMAWUCh.png

omqyMPQ.png

WGDBMDX.png

ewVO5nQ.png

@SiriusRocketry Maybe you can take Matt's first attempt (may not work).

Edited by GRS

On 1/18/2019 at 7:09 PM, GRS said:

Tylo takes like 5400 to 4540 mathematically, Laythe should take around 3000, over 5000 if its not aerodynamic.

@JacobJHC, here's a submission (hopefuly Level 2)

Album here.

Craft here.

KSP : 1.5

Mods : KER, Nereid FF, Trajectories.

Mass : around 3000 tons.

Parts : nearly 400 parts.

Delta-v : over 19000 m/s.

Crew : Simone Kerman, Jebediah Kerman, Valentina Kerman.

Additional stop(s) : Dres, Minmus, Mun

Feats No shock absorbers (again), One lander only (again).

g3c6JeD.png

DxwgRmH.png

xqiODV6.png

CtDt9eM.png

zmqfJer.png

T8hhuCO.png

PMAWUCh.png

omqyMPQ.png

WGDBMDX.png

ewVO5nQ.png

@SiriusRocketry Maybe you can take Matt's first attempt (may not work).

Absolute madlad you actually did it. Congratulations @GRS for wowing us once again with a 2nd Level submission. The Sheep v2 was truly amazing, not to mention somehow being able to get to Dres as well. Do you think there will be a Sheep v3?

4 minutes ago, JacobJHC said:

Absolute madlad you actually did it. Congratulations @GRS for wowing us once again with a 2nd Level submission. The Sheep v2 was truly amazing, not to mention somehow being able to get to Dres as well. Do you think there will be a Sheep v3?

"Absolute Madlad"...well, THANX MATE, there will probably be a Sheep v3, which will be Grand Tour (hopefully) then, and only then...The Millenia shall launch...

Just now, GRS said:

"Absolute Madlad"...well, THANX MATE, there will probably be a Sheep v3, which will be Grand Tour (hopefully) then, and only then...The Millenia shall launch...

YES! If you do a grand tour you should make it a YouTube video if you can. Grand Tour videos are my favorite KSP videos.

7 minutes ago, YNM said:

Don't have time, and my laptop's an absolute potato.

Can't help with that "Don't have time", and lightest thing here is @Stratzenblitz75's 48 ton fully reusable craft, The Admin's first Jool 5 took over 15 days of real time.

2 minutes ago, YNM said:

What, have you seen a college degree ?

Oh...so you're a College guy, well, better do this after you finished your Bachelor (or Master or higher) degree and good luck on your studies. :wink: