[1.9.1+] OPT Legacy 3.1.2 | Reconfig 3.4 [Apr 20, 2021]

JadeOfMaar

Just now, Stone Blue said:

Its built-in to the recently fixed Avatar Cockpit.

Really? My parts don't look like that.

Maybe I did something wrong. I have folders for OPT, OPT Legacy, and OPT Reconfig. Something tells me I have one too many folders.

@KIMCHI That particular highlight is the highlight for the revival of the OPT Avatar Freight Cockpit with built-in docking port. It only appeared in one release of OPT way back and then disappeared because of technical issues. This plane is built with mostly legacy fuselage parts and legacy main wings. It won't look like current K fuselage.

For an OPT install you only need to have the OPT main folder or the OPT Legacy + OPT Reconfig folders, or you can have all. OPT Reconfig is optional for OPT (Main) and makes it more playable, but, it is required by OPT Legacy. If your install is weird, check whether you have OPT folders inside of other folders.

@horngeek I'll be waiting. :P

Ok @JadeOfMaar

From OPT main, the J-QS02 cockpit (both with and without intakes), the K Space Plane cockpit and the OPT Mk2 cockpit all don't have CLS modules.  

For OPT Legacy, it's easier to list the cockpits that *do* have CLS modules - Humpback, J Mk1.  Everything else doesn't have CLS modules.  

Edited by horngeek

cd4541ee9671d96f82a89a100f5faa88.png

So I built this spaceplane and I've been having difficulty during reentry. The vehicle starts to go all willy-nilly and turns over and I can't pitch it back correctly.I have three vertical stabilizers, one on the main body and two on the wings. There are control surfaces under the aerospike. Should I launch it with a rocket or by itself? Every time I have tested it I just used the cheat. Please help. 

4 minutes ago, Callistoan said:

So I built this spaceplane and I've been having difficulty during reentry. The vehicle starts to go all willy-nilly and turns over and I can't pitch it back correctly.I have three vertical stabilizers, one on the main body and two on the wings. There are control surfaces under the aerospike. Should I launch it with a rocket or by itself? Every time I have tested it I just used the cheat. Please help. 

Just out of curiousity, try removeing that stock cargo bay, and replace with the same size tank... adjust fuel to similar mass as what you have for the cargobay...
Just wondering if it could possibly be a drag cube issue? vOv

OH... and whats it doing? pitching down, or up? might be because you have the CoL *behind* CoM ... hard to tell if they are on the same plane vertically, too vOv

Edited by Stone Blue

7 hours ago, Callistoan said:

cd4541ee9671d96f82a89a100f5faa88.png

I would suggest to use this mod. I use it every time I built a Space plane to check it is flyable in the whole flight enveloppe from ground to space, with tanks at full level and also with tanks at low level, when the CG moves backward or forward...

So for some reason the only OPT engines that are showing up for me in the game are the dark drive, e j linear aerospike, ari-73, ari-75b, stall linear aerospike, the sage and the surge. The J60, J60D, J61, and the J81 are no where to be found.  

Something got messed up in game files, verifying through GOG seems to have gotten it sorted out.

Edited by KnightmareX13

To access this, click the mode switch button by the search bar as if you were going to access subassemblies.

auNEtHW.png

OPT Legacy 1.4.1

• Ensured OPT Mk2 intake always has normalized heat tolerance.
  • Updated WarpJet engines to now default to IntakeAir if CRP not installed. (No more KSP freezing on the SAGE and SURGE engines.)
  • Fixed drag cubes for Stail and Stail Freight parts.

OPT Reconfig 1.7.0

• Added Rational Resources tank types patch.
  • Added boiloff module for OPT CryoTanks. Delete the plugin for it if this feature is not desired.
  • Added Subcategories config. No extra mod required.
  • Fixed duplicate vesseltype keys in cockpits.
  • Fixed drag cubes for J body, particularly the inline drone cores and SAS/RCS. Surprise! These were quite a nightmare too!
  • Fixed Connected Living Space patch:
    • Added many parts to this as passable volume was considered in the tank volume re-balance in Reconfig 1.5 ~ 1.6.
  • Fixed entries for a 2.5m cockpit in B9PS, WBI, IonCross and CLS integrations.
  • Ensured OPT Mk2 intake always has normalized heat tolerance.
  • OPT engines become CryoEngines if CryoEngines is installed.
  • Updated WarpJet engines to now default to IntakeAir if CRP not installed.

DOWNLOAD - OPT Reconfig

DOWNLOAD - OPT Legacy

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Hello

Having upgraded to last OPT version, here is my log concerning Fatal errors with Tweakscale mod on OPT parts.

It's recommended not to open my game in order to avoid corrupted save games; So I am going back to previous version.

If it can help, here is the log

<log file redacted by moderator>

Edited by Geonovast
Removed giant log text

@gilflo I've been keeping my distance from Tweakscale and I know all about that since Tweakscale was rewritten. I'll look into it soon and I'll have to rewrite OPT's Tweakscale configs but until then you'll be fine on older Tweakscale.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

@gilflo

Log files, because of their size, tend to cause havoc with the forums.  Please upload your log file to a file hosting site, such as Google Drive or similar, and post the link for the file here instead of pasting the contents of the log into the post.

Thank you!

3 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@gilflo I've been keeping my distance from Tweakscale and I know all about that since Tweakscale was rewritten. I'll look into it soon and I'll have to rewrite OPT's Tweakscale configs but until then you'll be fine on older Tweakscale.

OK that's what I do

Thank's

11 hours ago, Nicky21 said:

OPT has tweakscale configs ???? Where ?? WHERE ????? WHEEEER ??????

The Tweakscale configs you're looking for do not exist. Wings and engines = yes. Everything else = no.

@gilflo I have not met the fatal Tweakscale problem. I installed Lisias' version 2.4.3.4 and everything seems fine.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

I just installed OPT, OPT_Legacy, and OPT_Reconfig-1.7.0 on a clean 1.7.3 (along with ModuleManager-4.0.3) and it's hanging while loading.

Unity log shows this:

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'OPT_Legacy/Parts/Engines/SAGE/OPT_SAGE/opt_sage'

(Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

PartLoader: Part 'OPT_Legacy/Parts/Engines/SAGE/OPT_SAGE/opt_sage' has no database record. Creating.

(Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'opt.sage'

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ModuleResourceIntake.GetInfo () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.CompilePartInfo (.AvailablePart newPartInfo, .Part part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Setting up 4 worker threads for Enlighten.
  Thread -> id: 70000c56f000 -> priority: 1 
  Thread -> id: 70000c5f2000 -> priority: 1 
  Thread -> id: 70000c675000 -> priority: 1 
  Thread -> id: 70000c6f8000 -> priority: 1 
[CompoundPart] onEditorEndTweak

[CompoundPart] onEditorEndTweak

Update: it happens with both SAGE and SURGE engines...removing them fixed it...but does anybody know what the problem is?

Edited by grisby_2133
Update

8 hours ago, grisby_2133 said:

I just installed OPT, OPT_Legacy, and OPT_Reconfig-1.7.0 on a clean 1.7.3 (along with ModuleManager-4.0.3) and it's hanging while loading.

Unity log shows this:

Update: it happens with both SAGE and SURGE engines...removing them fixed it...but does anybody know what the problem is?

You need Community Resource Pack, since you installed OPT Reconfig.

https://spacedock.info/mod/31/Community Resource Pack

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.