linuxgurugamer

[1.3.x, 1.4.x, 1.5.x] MechJeb and Engineer And kOS forAll

Recommended Posts

 

635385888895325423.png

 

Back in 2014, forum user @nadseh wrote a little  ModuleManager script to add MechJeb and Kerbal Engineer to any vessel with a command pod.  It hasn't worked for KER for a while, and he hasn't updated it, so I've adopted it and released an updated version.  The original thread is here: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/75295-0235-mechjeb-and-engineer-for-all/

This now adds kOS to all, if you are using kOS

Note that the KER functionality is also available with KER itself, inside the settings.  This just makes it a bit easier.

Dependency

Availability

Also available via CKAN

While the original release just placed the file in the GameData directory, I've repackaged it up into it's own directory, along with a .version file

 

 

Edited by linuxgurugamer
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, I remember this! Thanks for continuing it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Minor update, 1.3.0.1

  • Fixed error in .version file (had wrong name)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neat-o! This will be fantastic for things like BDA, never could figure out why you'd need an AI flight computer when the Mk2 drone core is canonically run by artificial intelligence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could you by any chance make one that allows MechJeb use without adding a MechJebCore module to every command part? I find it quite annoying to have to go in and remove the modules by hand after building each craft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IMLL1 said:

Could you by any chance make one that allows MechJeb use without adding a MechJebCore module to every command part? I find it quite annoying to have to go in and remove the modules by hand after building each craft.

Isn’t adding a that module the whole point of this mod?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IMLL1 said:

Could you by any chance make one that allows MechJeb use without adding a MechJebCore module to every command part? I find it quite annoying to have to go in and remove the modules by hand after building each craft.

How should this mod work without adding this module??? I think you didn`t understand this mod. It don`t add a part like a mechjebcore to any probecore. It adds a mechjeb-module (Code) to the config of the probecore. So there is nothing to remove ingame.

Edited by Cheesecake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

How should this mod work without adding this module??? I think you didn`t understand this mod. It don`t add a part like a mechjebcore to any probecore. It adds a mechjeb-module (Code) to the config of the probecore. So there is nothing to remove ingame.

MechJebCore is the name of the module. I was thinking maybe something that allows MechJeb to work without a module added to the part's code in the craft file.

10 hours ago, Nightside said:

Isn’t adding a that module the whole point of this mod?

I was thinking that there may be some way to have the MechJeb functions without adding them to the individual parts. Sort of like the way that KER does it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MechJebCore is necessary to tell the game that MJ is active on the command pods. That is only achievable in one of two ways: adding MechJebCore through a cfg file, as this mod does; or adding the in-game part to the craft, which then has the MechJebCore module on the ship through that additional part.

Checking the source on @linuxgurugamer's GitHub, it seems that this config also adds KER's BuildEngineer and FlightEngineer modules to the command pods, so I'm not sure why you don't think KER adds a module to the craft files.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IntoSpaceAgain said:

MechJebCore is necessary to tell the game that MJ is active on the command pods. That is only achievable in one of two ways: adding MechJebCore through a cfg file, as this mod does; or adding the in-game part to the craft, which then has the MechJebCore module on the ship through that additional part.

Checking the source on @linuxgurugamer's GitHub, it seems that this config also adds KER's BuildEngineer and FlightEngineer modules to the command pods, so I'm not sure why you don't think KER adds a module to the craft files.

That is an old patch, it's possible that KER does not need moduls anymore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a old Module Manager code I use, to have just MJ on all command parts, it also unlocks with tech tree also. I thought I would share, for whom ever just wants MJ

//===========================================================//
//    Adds MechJeb to all Command Modules without MJ Parts   //
//===========================================================//
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[MechJebCore]]:Final
{    
    MODULE
    {
        name = MechJebCore
        MechJebLocalSettings 
        {
            MechJebModuleCustomWindowEditor { unlockTechs = flightControl }
            MechJebModuleSmartASS { unlockTechs = flightControl }
            MechJebModuleManeuverPlanner { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
            MechJebModuleNodeEditor { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
            MechJebModuleTranslatron { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
            MechJebModuleWarpHelper { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
            MechJebModuleAttitudeAdjustment { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
            MechJebModuleThrustWindow { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
            MechJebModuleRCSBalancerWindow { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
            MechJebModuleRoverWindow { unlockTechs = fieldScience }
            MechJebModuleAscentGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
            MechJebModuleLandingGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
            MechJebModuleSpaceplaneGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
            MechJebModuleDockingGuidance { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
            MechJebModuleRendezvousAutopilotWindow { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
            MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
        }
    }
}
	
Edited by therealcrow999
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@linuxgurugamerI might as well start using this mod and stop using my MM code. I like how KER is included and this mod is available on CKAN. Your code seems a little more updated than the one I was using.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That is an old patch, it's possible that KER does not need moduls anymore

That's fair enough. I've not used KER for years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New release, 1.3.0.4

  • Add KoS computer on all command modules
     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.3.0.4

  • Add KoS computer on all command modules
     

This is only if I have the KoS mod installed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, therealcrow999 said:

This is only if I have the KoS mod installed?

Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Linuxgurugamer,

I'm running 1.5.1 and I've downloaded and installed both Mechjebforall from here and Mechjeb2 from https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/154834-15x-anatid-robotics-mumech-mechjeb-autopilot-281-16-october-2018/&.

Starting a new game in Sandbox, I'm correct in believing that a rocket with just a probe core should have full Mechjeb support?  At the moment I only get Mechjeb support if I put the Mechjeb part onto my craft.

Files were unzipped and copied into my GameData folder like I would for any other mod, all files appear to be there correctly.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nightside said:

@Kaervek, do you have Module Manager installed as well?

Nope.  Wasn't aware that this was a required dependency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Kaervek said:

Nope.  Wasn't aware that this was a required dependency.

It is mentioned in the OP, but it isn’t explicitly called out as a dependency. Most folks probably just have it installed for other things already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kaervek said:

Nope.  Wasn't aware that this was a required dependency.

 

3 hours ago, Nightside said:

It is mentioned in the OP, but it isn’t explicitly called out as a dependency. Most folks probably just have it installed for other things already.

I just made it a bit more obvious in the OP

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nightside said:

It is mentioned in the OP, but it isn’t explicitly called out as a dependency. Most folks probably just have it installed for other things already.

Missed that, sorry.

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

 

I just made it a bit more obvious in the OP

Thanks Linux.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha, I was just going to write my own "kOS for all" script tonight when I remembered to check up on this mod first to see if it made sense to contribute it here instead... :-)

Only to find it already implemented ;-)

TNX. linuxgurugamer for maintaining all those mods... very much appreciated!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now