Do DLCs get a hype train or a lesser hype vehicle?

Nightside

13 hours ago, GregroxMun said:

The community did just fine without a hype train driver in the past. I don't believe we should have Hype vehicle drivers anymore. We can still have hype trains, but I don't think there should be any one "Hype Train Driver" figure anymore. The Hype Train should belong to the people.

Wouldn't that just be a bunch of individual Hype Cars though? Possibly all going in different directions?

We need to make sure our collective hype is coordinated in the same direction, with a narrow cross section, so that we have the maximum possible hypementum and force per area in order to break through the paywall.

Edited by Opus_723

11 minutes ago, razark said:

I thought the Magic Bus took you on a Magical Mystery Tour.

Only if you’re with Lucy, in the Sky, with Diamonds

I assume you know those are by different Brit Bands. Not to be confused with a Magic Carpet Ride

Edited by StrandedonEarth

8 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

I assume you know those are by different Brit Bands. Not to be confused with a Magic Carpet Ride

Wait, what?!?

I thought all that stuff was by that one band, The British Invasion!  You mean there were two of them?

:wink:
(Of course I know.  The other band was Beetlemania, right?)

Edited by razark

19 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

oh wait, this is what's needed...

latest?cb=20131025205033

What - the DLC is about cheating and lack of realism? *ducks*

I mean - look at the size of that train compared to those engine plumes. And no way is that thing going to have enough propellant on board to fly anywhere. Clearly a craft that relies on OP mod parts and the infinite fuel option.

On 5/8/2019 at 3:40 AM, Xurkitree said:

-snipped dabbing picture-

Please stop with the dabbing. A decade from now you'll be looking back at dabbing and thinking how stupid it is, I promise you.

13 hours ago, GregroxMun said:

There's nothing to be hyped about.

12 hours ago, GregroxMun said:

I don't think there should be any one "Hype Train Driver" figure anymore. The Hype Train should belong to the people.

Your second statement is fine, but I don't see how it is relevant to the first. Whether or not there is something to be hyped about is independent of "who drives the hype train".

8 hours ago, Ratwerke_Actual said:

The crew that made the Service Modules are doing Robotics.....

I haven't use the SM all that much, but when I did, I had no problems with it... I mostly just packed the inside with fuel tanks, life support, a fuel cell and batteries. I never used in a way that required deploying the covers. It looked nice.

What is the issue with it?

6 hours ago, KerikBalm said:

Your second statement is fine, but I don't see how it is relevant to the first. Whether or not there is something to be hyped about is independent of "who drives the hype train".

That's because it's not quite intended to be relevant to the first. Those are different messages you're quoting, and the second was not in direct response to someone directly responding to the first.

@GregroxMun ah, I see now, your post came right after this one:

19 hours ago, Mikki said:

I am deeply confused about your statement, but your opinion must be respected...  

Which was quoting you, but your post was quoting someone else, and not responding to it... I skimmed too fast, sorry.

Would you care to elaborate on nothing to be hyped about (too similar to infernal robotics?)

Just now, KerikBalm said:

@GregroxMun ah, I see now, your post came right after this one:

Which was quoting you, but your post was quoting someone else, and not responding to it... I skimmed too fast, sorry.

Would you care to elaborate on nothing to be hyped about (too similar to infernal robotics?)

I've elaborated on this in the reddit thread and the forum thread announcing the update, but I'm sick this morning and therefore too tired or lazy to go and find it.

1 hour ago, klesh said:

I don't understand why this is even in the General Discussion forum?  Its about some forum gag and not about the actual game?

I guess because hype threads are/were generally in the GD forum, and this is as close as we’re getting to a hype vehicle since there seems to be some disagreement as to if a hype-vehicle is even warranted. And if it is, it seems nobody wants to drive it, although there are plenty of suggestions as to what form it could take. 

Quick Robin, to the Hypemobile!”

Edited by StrandedonEarth

Considering that out of all the people on the forum and in this very thread, not one has thought/bothered to - I don't know - post a hype train thread... I think you have your answer.

Though for me personally it's not that the update doesn't deserve a hype thread so much as we're a bit past all that by now.

59 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Considering that out of all the people on the forum and in this very thread, not one has thought/bothered to - I don't know - post a hype train thread... I think you have your answer.

Though for me personally it's not that the update doesn't deserve a hype thread so much as we're a bit past all that by now.

There might be alternative explanations. A lot of hype has been let out in the DLC's announcement thread's first few pages. The later pages have morphed into another discussion but I digress.

The other explanation is that, until @GregroxMun so gracefully bowed out, we were all waiting for him to make the thread. I think I can recall a hype thread for an older version being started by someone other than him, and that person got shouted down for daring to usurp GregroxMun's rightful position as hype train driver :D  I don't know if I have the guts to try to fill those shoes for Breaking Ground. Please someone else do it!

2 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

Speak for yourself. I don't think it's hyperbolic to say that robotics will be the biggest improvement in craft construction since editor gizmos were added. Seeing as a major part of KSP's appeal is its incredibly flexible construction mechanics, this is definitely a Big Deal. 

I'm hyped for this update, in a way I haven't been since maybe 1.1. If there's no train for me to board I may just run along the tracks at hype speed. 

15 hours ago, KerikBalm said:

Please stop with the dabbing. A decade from now you'll be looking back at dabbing and thinking how stupid it is, I promise you.

Boi, I dab when I sneeze you can't hecking stop me

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.