Hopes and Wishes for KSP 2

Elthy

I think there should be a difficulty setting where it makes it likely that certain things will fail mid-mission, making KSP2 more lifelike and realistic. Like maybe in hard difficulty there is a 5% chance things will fail and in medium a 1% chance and easy a 0% chance.

On 5/5/2020 at 11:53 PM, Lewie said:

Yes! My dude that is a great idea, but how would that work? Great idea though. To be honest, I am not looking forward to he new flight ui. I’m so used to the current one, that the flat one makes it seem like it would be harder to fly things. Maybe it’s just me. For me, the nav ball and throttle have got to stay in the center of the flight ui. Sorry for the ramble, it just seems this stuff is important. Also, the sas modules have got to stay. They make landing and preforming maneuvers much easier then without.

have you seen the new layout? I'll have to look this up! 

A bit specific - but can we get a UI enhancement that would give players using the KAL to control things some feedback on where they are? I. E. Where the sliders are /would be? 

Example - setting the Main Throttle action group to control a KAL that controls blade pitch on a helicopter allows the player to watch the throttle slider on the UI and see (at least approximately) how much pitch they've applied. 

On the other hand, setting up 'Translate U/D' to control RPMs does not offer the player any UI feedback. 

It would be great to have additional visual sliders for flying non rockets /planes or other Kerbal type projects! 

Part right click menu enhancement. Now it is very difficult to find there what you need. Dividing options to tabs could be great. For stock they can be "Actions", "Resources"  and "Advanced". And option to add more tabs in mods, of course

Wow, There's a lot I want For KSP 2.

-more kinds of kerbals

-explosives to "terminate" rockets

-mod-ability

-Linux compatibility

-Better explosions

-More/bigger parts

-Weather (like dust storms, auroras, rain, and snow)

-the ability to make rockets on other planets by using a material system (like ore, or the stuff in extra planetary launchpads)

4 hours ago, SirKerbalot said:

Wow, There's a lot I want For KSP 2.

-more kinds of kerbals

-explosives to "terminate" rockets

-mod-ability

-Linux compatibility

-Better explosions

-More/bigger parts

-Weather (like dust storms, auroras, rain, and snow)

-the ability to make rockets on other planets by using a material system (like ore, or the stuff in extra planetary launchpads)

Pretty much all of these were confirmed by the devs...and you can already terminate rockets and debris via the tracking station.

Waether would be really cool, especially auroras

1 minute ago, Lewie said:

Pretty much all of these were confirmed by the devs...and you can already terminate rockets and debris via the tracking station.

Waether would be really cool, especially auroras

No I mean to be able to see them explode without having to use kraken bait or decouplers. 

I hope KSP2 will have a rocket like the SpaceX Starship.  If SpaceX successfully develops the Starship, then they claim that the Starship production line could churn out two Starships per week at $5 million each with a fuel cost of $900,000 per launch, put those two together for a total launch cost $2 million per mission.  That means $2,000,000/220,000 lb payload = $9.09 per pound, I think to Earth orbit.

https://www.spacex.com/starship

On 5/5/2020 at 10:53 PM, Lewie said:

Yes! My dude that is a great idea, but how would that work? Great idea though. To be honest, I am not looking forward to he new flight ui. I’m so used to the current one, that the flat one makes it seem like it would be harder to fly things. Maybe it’s just me. For me, the nav ball and throttle have got to stay in the center of the flight ui. Sorry for the ramble, it just seems this stuff is important. Also, the sas modules have got to stay. They make landing and preforming maneuvers much easier then without.

How is not having the navball and height on opposite sides of the screen a bad thing? Change is a thing, you'll have to get used to it.

On 5/14/2020 at 9:40 AM, desert said:

Part right click menu enhancement. Now it is very difficult to find there what you need. Dividing options to tabs could be great. For stock they can be "Actions", "Resources"  and "Advanced". And option to add more tabs in mods, of course

One of my hopes is that their UI scheme eliminates the part action window entirely.

On 5/8/2020 at 12:12 AM, Alexoff said:

I hope KSP 2 will not be full of bugs.

Impossible.

I hope that the patches for KSP 2 will contain new details, planets and improvements and not bug fixes.

Then that just means more bugs.

I hope that the development of the game continues, although after the first episode about new types of fuel there is no news from the developers.

Why is that?

Its just while playing it is much easier to just have to keep my eye on the center of the screen, ea. the altimeter and navball. It will be much harder having to look to the left or right constantly, much better to have navball in the center of screen.

21 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

How is not having the navball and height on opposite sides of the screen a bad thing?

1 minute ago, Lewie said:

Its just while playing it is much easier to just have to keep my eye on the center of the screen, ea. the altimeter and navball. It will be much harder having to look to the left or right constantly, much better to have navball in the center of screen.

23 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

How is not having the navball and height on opposite sides of the screen a bad thing?

Well at least they'll be next to each other and not on opposite sides.

21 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Well at least they'll be next to each other and not on opposite sides.

yeah, but it's still going to be a pain to intrinsically look to the left side.  (I hope it gets switched to the center, they did say that it was subject to change so yeah)

29 minutes ago, Alexoff said:

Well, some planet activity will be good, now we can only land on planet, crash on planet, collect some data as sci-points and plant a flag.

You know you can do all of that in the base game right?

4 hours ago, Superfluous J said:
5 hours ago, desert said:

Wow, how do you imagine that?

99.9%+ of other games seem to manage it.

99.9%+ games sometimes require you to manage specific parts of something made of hundreds of interactive parts?

1 hour ago, Bej Kerman said:

99.9%+ games sometimes require you to manage specific parts of something made of hundreds of interactive parts?

Most builder games do. They organize information and controls by function, not with a shuffled list of identically styled buttons and labels tied to right clicking one of those parts. At least, wherever it can be avoided.

Locking a fuel tank? Sure. Whatever. Makes some sense. Though most anything would be better than the PAW for that. Running science reports? No way.

Just offhand imagine a button that when clicked brought up a blueprint type image of your ship with each part represented. Click a tank and it's highlighted. Click and drag and all the tanks are highlighted. +/- instantly changes their priority. An on screen button disables all highlighted tanks. All those functions work with right click too, to select another set of tanks. A button then transfers fuel from one set to the other. Bonus: the game remembers sets of tanks for later transfers.

And that was for the thing I said was reasonable to be in a PAW.