2. 2. Continent?

• Africa
    • Europe
    • North-America
    • South-America
    • Asia
    • Oceania
    • Antarctica

Literally where do you live or come from? Just out of curiosity.

If you think there's a country missing(I just choose those, because they appeared in my mind, I don't want to miss one and it shouldn't seem like I forgot your country because it's not important), just mention it and it will be added.

Pleased Start using the continent-Poll. If you'd like to specify, name your country and I will try to add all to the Poll

Edited by rettter3

how is this a "KSP discussion"?

1 hour ago, The Aziz said:

I think there's plenty of countries missing. I doubt the poll would allow enough options.

well if your country isn't here then you can just comment it. 

Edited by Dirkidirk

The Kerbal Main Continent. What else lol. I like to build fuel tanks. Did you know that I actually drew the lines on the FLT-1800? They make it go faster.

that is, in my headcanon of kerbonauts and their backstories. I’m from the USA

8 minutes ago, cubinator said:

I am a Human. I am a part of Earth, and part of the Universe. My body carries the story of thousands of worlds, my material forged in stars long gone, and the light of the sun burns inside me.

as is everyone else.

BUT that doesn't answer his question. on what territory on earth was your conscious conceived?

Edited by Dirkidirk

7 hours ago, James Kerman said:

Hello @rettter3, I'm from Perth Western Australia. Where do you come from?

Also your topic has been moved to the lounge as it is not discussing KSP. 

From Belgium. 

8 hours ago, The Aziz said:

I think there's plenty of countries missing. I doubt the poll would allow enough options.

I could add a second Poll.

@James Kerman, I added Australia

Edited by rettter3

9 hours ago, cubinator said:

I am a Human. I am a part of Earth, and part of the Universe. My body carries the story of thousands of worlds, my material forged in stars long gone, and the light of the sun burns inside me.

"Sitting. Resting. Disturbing nobody. Then - BANG!!! A Big Bang!"

The fact that a total of 7 countries are listed and Belgium is one of them is somewhat confusing.

And when continents are added the author list North and and South America (missing the bit in the middle).

And Australia when quite a bit of people living in the neighborhood of Australia would rather choke on roll of toilet paper then regard them self as Australians.

Has OP pondered a basic course in geography?

14 hours ago, Curveball Anders said:

The fact that a total of 7 countries are listed and Belgium is one of them is somewhat confusing.

And when continents are added the author list North and and South America (missing the bit in the middle).

And Australia when quite a bit of people living in the neighborhood of Australia would rather choke on roll of toilet paper then regard them self as Australians.

What else than Australia? You Could give sugestions for countries. I mentioned it in the OP. Belgium, because I live in Belgium. BTW I added Sweden

14 hours ago, Curveball Anders said:

And Australia when quite a bit of people living in the neighborhood of Australia would rather choke on roll of toilet paper then regard themselves as Australians.

why? australia is pretty much florida but with less water and more poison, yet I am not currently choking on toilet paper.

16 hours ago, Curveball Anders said:

Middle-America isn't a continent.

Edited by rettter3

1 hour ago, rettter3 said:

Middle-America isn't a continent.

True, Central America is most commonly regarded as a sub-continent. The consideration of what is and isn't a continent is relative to geographical convention, however.

The problem is, shouldn't the whole continent of Americas be considered, or should we consider North, and South-America distinctively, instead?  Now, there are even conflicts in the geography community on the idea to consider Central America as a continent, or a sub-continent.

Similarly, the problem exist between some promoting Eurasia as a single continent, rather than a landmass.

Edit:

4 hours ago, rettter3 said:

What else than Australia? You Could give sugestions for countries. I mentioned it in the OP. Belgium, because I live in Belgium. BTW I added Sweden

My little recommendation would be to use Oceania instead. It is not a considered as a continent strictly talking, but that way anybody from New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, West Papua, and many other sovereign states could be included.

Edited by XB-70A

12 hours ago, XB-70A said:

Similarly, the problem exist between some promoting Eurasia as a single continent, rather than a landmass.

But Eurasia is.
Europe isn't, it's a peninsula.

12 hours ago, XB-70A said:

My little recommendation would be to use Oceania instead. It is not a considered as a continent strictly talking, but that way anybody from New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, West Papua, and many other sovereign states could be included.

Asteroid belt.

England

Sounds pessimistic. It's still GB, afaik.

Edited by kerbiloid

On 3/8/2020 at 10:28 PM, razark said:

I am 3.34 mi (5.38 km) from the nearest Saturn V.

Funny you mention that. For me, it's ~20km (that's ~12mi, for those outside of the rest of the world). Still I don't think it's the same continent : )

I can't choose my continent (Africa) as it shows that the country field is required. Can't choose country as my country isn't included in the list. 

So, I can't participate in the poll. 

Also, North and South AmeriCa should have "C" and not "K" I think. 

Edited by Elidnas
More content

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.